2023-2024 Houston (Fertitta)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if UHCOM takes letters of intent after an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I saw on a previous thread UH does not take any update letters but would a letter of interest be accepted?

I am a little late in posting this, but OOS A call on 11/22. I interviewed on 11/9.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So are you OOS for all 3 schools where you are admitted? I guess I should asked residency as opposed to native!

That’s correct! I haven’t heard back from Indiana yet, but I am technically Indiana for residency.

No, as far as I am aware, I would be paying OOS rate at UH. Which is still close to Indiana’s IS rate.
Texas schools try to give 1k scholarship that qualifies OOS students to instate tuition. Watch out for that scholarship. Since you dont need to worry about match, they dont need to offer it right now.

What’s CougarMed Admissions Connect Series about? Do they send this to everyone who interviewed?

Members don't see this ad :)
What’s CougarMed Admissions Connect Series about? Do they send this to everyone who interviewed?

I think it’s another opportunity to ask questions. It’s sent to all people that have been interviewed. Trying to find out if theres a dress code

1703185599768.png

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone trying to get into the zoom right now? It said 3:15 today on the e-mail, but the actual zoom says 1:30-2:30 tomorrow. No one is on it seems.

Is anyone trying to get into the zoom right now? It said 3:15 today on the e-mail, but the actual zoom says 1:30-2:30 tomorrow. No one is on it seems.
I am having the same issue. I emailed them. The zoom says tomorrow but the email says today.

This thread has been super quiet. Any OOS hear anything? I emailed them awhile back and still not a response to that

Has anyone received anything about reserving their seat yet?

Did everyone who interviewed get an email about tour dates? Or maybe just everyone who pre matched?

Does anyone know what dates last year’s pre-matriculation session happened for UHCOM?

For those who matched today, have you received anything from the school?

So after matching, is there anything we need to do? or just wait for the school to send us something?

Does anyone know if UH sends out waitlist emails for those that didn't match? Or is everyone just automatically on the waitlist? I couldn't find any information about this online :(

matched here yesterday. Was wondering if there are any current students who wouldn’t mind sharing their experiences at the school and answering some questions. I really love the focus on underserved populations and the longitudinal clinicals.

The email said they’re sending more information next week, including how to pay the deposit. That will probably be our way of accepting
Hey y’all! So I emailed about a tour, and they also mentioned that either this week or next week they will send info out about paying the deposit to secure the seat! Just thought I’d share :)

Reactions: 4 users