2023-2024 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who submitted 7/28 heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's so scary to me that emails you can receive from the school can be an II or a rejection lol, keeping me on the edge of my seat
Or a newsletter depending on the school lmao

• Haha
+1 IS II received today via email. Submitted 07/18.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
@casewestern capybara and I need an II asap. Thx 🥰🥰🥰

No R for me yet.. fingers crossed, this is one of my top choices!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R, OOS, LM 76.8, complete 7/21

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Also got that Pre-II R today. Felt like after listening to every episode of all access Christian and I were tight so this one just stings a little.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Me with my 7/27 complete date hoping they don't already have me in the R queue 😬🤞🫣

• Care
II received earlier today! LM 77, complete 7/15.

When you guys went to the IQ session did you specifically login or just use your Zoom account?

For people who already heard back, either R or II, did your portals change from "ready" to complete/under review?

Anyone interviewed yet and willing to share their overall experience? :)

Very positive and extremely transparent. The staff was supportive and understanding and really seemed to care about the mental health of all their prospective students- took a lot of time to validate our efforts and ensure that we knew our apps were getting the attention and detailed review that was deserved. There was a lot of information frontloaded toward the beginning of the day and interviews were in the afternoon. Both my interviewers knew my app and it was a relatively informal experience. Was asked all specific questions and some questions about my research and my future career plans and populations I wanted to serve.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Very positive and extremely transparent. The staff was supportive and understanding and really seemed to care about the mental health of all their prospective students- took a lot of time to validate our efforts and ensure that we knew our apps were getting the attention and detailed review that was deserved. There was a lot of information frontloaded toward the beginning of the day and interviews were in the afternoon. Both my interviewers knew my app and it was a relatively informal experience. Was asked all specific questions and some questions about my research and my future career plans and populations I wanted to serve.
wow thank you so much for the insight! really appreciate it :)

Anyone interviewed yet and willing to share their overall experience? :)
Super transparent on the admissions process, even gave us a specific date when we would receive our decision results! Not going to lie, with all the resources they gave us, I feel like I knew the most about Case Western than any other medical school I applied to. The interview experience definitely put case on the top of my list!

• Care
Super transparent on the admissions process, even gave us a specific date when we would receive our decision results! Not going to lie, with all the resources they gave us, I feel like I knew the most about Case Western than any other medical school I applied to. The interview experience definitely put case on the top of my list!
that is amazing! thank you!

Last edited:
Just wanting to echo the sentiment here and give props to the admission's team at Case. Out of all of my IIs so far, hands down the best experience. They assume good intentions, give you grace, and make it very clear they don't play games -- all things that go a long way to helping you relax and be yourself. My 1:1 interview was also ~60 mins and really let me get to know my interviewer and the school. The level of transparency by the administrative team also was unmatched. Honestly, I think a lot of schools could learn a lot from how Case does their interviews. Maybe it's the midwest energy :lol:

• Love
  • Care
Also got that Pre-II R today. Felt like after listening to every episode of all access Christian and I were tight so this one just stings a little.
No hard feelings. I'm not a one-man show...
Thanks for listening. Hope it works out for you at another school though!

On the bright side, stuff you heard on all access probably helped for all the other schools. Ik it helped for me. Most of the time, you would have to pay for that kind of information and access to deans, but its good that this was free.

II today (9/19)!! Submitted on 7/18. OOS/Ohio undergrad. Any tips for interview day?

• Love
OOS II this morning! LM 67. I thought I had no business applying here with my stats, but it's clear that your story matters!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Interviewing on Monday? Any advice on what to be preparing/researching ahead of time? This is my #1 school so I want to be as prepared as possible!!

For everyone who interviewed - does anybody else NOT have "Interview Complete" on their status page?

OOS R today, good luck to everyone still in!
kung fu panda GIF

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Is it a good sign that I haven’t gotten rejected from Case Western or CCLM yet. I submitted my secondary for them on 7/16. This is a SUPER reach school. I figured they just forgot about my app