Zinc Deficiency and Step 1!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychoDan

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm trying to decide if I want to memorize "delayed wound healing, hypogonadism, decreased adult hair; may predispose to alcoholic cirrhosis."

I generally try to understand things before memorizing, but I don't see how Zinc plays into any of these other than being important for enzymes that might have to do with some of these.

Anyone have any rhyme or reason to these signs of zinc deficiency? Anyone think it's important to even memorize?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

PsychoDan said:
Well, I'm trying to decide if I want to memorize "delayed wound healing, hypogonadism, decreased adult hair; may predispose to alcoholic cirrhosis."

I generally try to understand things before memorizing, but I don't see how Zinc plays into any of these other than being important for enzymes that might have to do with some of these.

Anyone have any rhyme or reason to these signs of zinc deficiency? Anyone think it's important to even memorize?

Thanks!

remember altered taste as a symptom

PsychoDan said:

Thanks!

Zinc, Copper, Vitamin C and Collagen are what heal wounds.

Zinc also allows you to taste, as above.