Your Thoughts on Schools Outside of California?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmerboi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently got accepted to a Pharm D program outside of CA. However, I am interested in coming back to CA to work after my degree. Would going to a school outside of CA create any difficulties in obtaining a job afterward? As I will be doing rotations and internships around my school state and establish a network there already. What about the CA state board exam? Will I have any issue understanding CA laws? The reason that I like this school is because of its 3-yr program and cheaper tuition than most CA schools. Please, anyone that is/was in similar circumstance please share your insights and tips!! I'm really nervous and unclear. Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I recently got accepted to a Pharm D program outside of CA. However, I am interested in coming back to CA to work after my degree. Would going to a school outside of CA create any difficulties in obtaining a job afterward? As I will be doing rotations and internships around my school state and establish a network there already. What about the CA state board exam? Will I have any issue understanding CA laws? The reason that I like this school is because of its 3-yr program and cheaper tuition than most CA schools. Please, anyone that is/was in similar circumstance please share your insights and tips!! I'm really nervous and unclear. Thank you so much!

when you have all sorts of questions regarding licensing and practicing pharmacy in CA, the best place and people to call for answer is CA State Board of Pharmacy and the pharmacy school which accepts you to their program, not the internet !! :)

I know people in your situation, i.e. going to non-CA schools. They are now working pharmacists in the state of CA just fine. I think you do not have to worry about that for now and focus on getting through pharmacy schools instead.

Congrats on being accepted to pharmacy school !! :)