Yet another question by me! (sorry guys)

BeastfromthEast

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so im wondering what science classes should i take. i took AP chem 2 yrs ago and i forgot everything. so i would start with intro to chemistry in college right? what about classes i took recently like physics? would i skip over the introductory physics class? or should i start with introductory classes for all my sciences (bio, chem, physics)? sorry this question was kinda hard to word. so i should just ignore the AP credits i have in those classes?:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't mind being bored 99.9% time during the class period, and spending money on totally useless classes, yeah take the introductory stuff.

Basically, you can do all of the introduction on a weekend. Seriously.

ask your advisor where you can start.

if you have options take whichever you feel most comfortable with

Members don't see this ad :)
If you say you forgot everything I'd start from the beginning.
You're better off being bored and acing your classes than being stressed and overwhelmed, constantly try to catch up.

Starting college is stressful enough and starting with lower level classes will help you gain a solid foundation in the sciences.

My opinion:
With a purely med-school application analysis, if I could go back I would have waved my AP credits, because instead I took some humanities electives and get some sub-A grades. Granted the sci-courses would have been more work, but having done all of them already I would have most certainly gotten A's in them I otherwise missed out on.

Also, keeping the info fresh would have made it easier to study for the MCAT which I took 4+ years after taking physics and chem, etc.

Just something to consider.

Usually people take AP credits to save money or to skip out of pre-reqs, but seeing as scGPA and cGPA is huge for med school, and your AP classes will otherwise not be seen by Med adcoms, I would retake the course to get A's.

My opinion, take it with a grain....

i am confused. are you just starting college, are you looking for a refresher, what? even if i had the ap stuff, unless i had an early acceptance, i would take the major level chemistry, orgo and bio, and the algebra physics regardless of what i was bringing in (this is assuming you are new to college).

Take the chem courses that others take. Don't take the 101, etc series, but do take the chem classes for your major.