Yale Chronic Pain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reginald56

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Yale's fellowship? Any info would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed there in 2020.

From what I remember, they were very open to a diverse set of fellows. There were plenty of anesthesia, but also EM and neurology applicants in the mix. The program had just restarted a year or two prior, so they were very much in the building phase. Research experience was valued, and they were interested in what additional project you might complete during the year.

Interventional program was skewed more towards bread and butter. A new hire had been brought in from Cleveland clinic to try and improve advanced procedural volume. At that point, there were some stim trials, but not as sure about implants, vertiflex, PNS, DRG. I seem to remember some APS coverage, but not sure how much.

Also, many people interviewed. Maybe 15 on each day (2) for 2 spots. Overall, I was left with the feeling that it would have been a good springboard to have the Yale name for academic jobs, and to be part of a more academic heavy department, but that there would not be that much benefit in the private practice arena which I figured I was bound for. Things likely have changed a bit since then!

They ended up being solidly in the middle of my rank list.

Reactions: 1 user