ECT for Chronic Pain: Any Experiences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A mandatory exercise program would be more effective with less negative side effects. ECT is cool in refractory cases but can definitely cause memory issues. Never seen it used for chronic pain. I imagine it would end up in the realm of money making gimmicks like ketamine infusion clinics.

Reactions: 3 users
I've seen ECT do amazing things for depression and suicidality. Incredibly effective.

...but for chronic pain? Come on.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ECT is falling out of favor big time, it’s all about TMS for depression. People will pay cash for transcranial magnetic stimulation

Reactions: 2 users
I've seen ECT do amazing things for depression and suicidality. Incredibly effective.

If gabapentin, TCAs, and SNRIs help with pain, it's reasonable that ECT would (short term at least) help too.
I highly doubt the risks are worth the benefit though.

Reactions: 1 user

have you seen that same benefit with Ketamine?

have you seen that same benefit with Ketamine?
No, but I don't follow the ketamine BS.

Ketamine clinics are projected to do 3B in profit in this decade, and PE has invested huge money in these clinics with the result being an expanded list of approved diagnoses of course.

If gabapentin, TCAs, and SNRIs help with pain, it's reasonable that ECT would (short term at least) help too.
I highly doubt the risks are worth the benefit though.
Not sure a massive dump of neurotransmitters is equivalent to chronic use of these meds.

Then again, I truly have no clue other than the fact everything old is new again.

Oh god, please no one try to do this for chronic pain. I can only imagine the Netflix movie they will make out of this debacle.

“Gas-lit and brain-fried by an evil pain doctor, one spoonie’s quest to find her forgotten memories and unravel the lies”

Trailer shows Sydney Sweeney strapped onto a gurney by faceless orderlies as she wails “But oxycodone works for meeeee”

Drusso will be played by Vincent D’Onofrio

Reactions: 1 users
Oh god, please no one try to do this for chronic pain. I can only imagine the Netflix movie they will make out of this debacle.

“Gas-lit and brain-fried by an evil pain doctor, one spoonie’s quest to find her forgotten memories and unravel the lies”

Trailer shows Sydney Sweeney strapped onto a gurney by faceless orderlies as she wails “But oxycodone works for meeeee”

Drusso will be played by Vincent D’Onofrio

I'd rather be portrayed by Nic Cage.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user