XULA Acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
mrrko,

do you know any apt in quiet area close to XULA? I am out of state I want to check them out through backspace & craiglist

Members don't see this ad.

I've also been accepted to Xavier's COP (sooo excited !) .....but I too need theology and health ethics courses. I'm from LA but I currently live in Dallas and I can't find theology anywhere. I looked online and saw that Xavier is offering both of these classes in their summer 2 session, so that seems like the less complicated route for me. As far as dorms or apartments...I haven't decided at all. I guess it will be whatever allows me the most flexibility financially:) If anyone has any advice or better suggestions it would definitely be appreciated. Congrats to everyone that got accepted!!!

Shouldn't all classes be completed by Summer 1???

mrrko,
can you tell me how much you recieved in aid for your first year? Grants? and what was you EFC?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also accepted! Congrats to everyone who made it in! I'm very excited to meet all of you in the fall!

They have already started registering people for classes.
I'm not sure how many of you have access to this but I have the class schedule for the fall semester. I thought you guys would appreciate it.
Most of the classes we will be taking together with the exception of a few that have more than 1 section (labs/drills/etc.)

Classes we will be taking together

IPPE I seminar
Friday 1:00-1:50

Biomedical Immunology
Monday & Wednesday 2:00-2:50

Human Physiology/Anatomy

Tuesday & Thursday 2:40-3:55

Introduction to Pharmacy
Monday & Wednesday 3:00-3:50

Pharmaceutical Calculations
Monday & Wednesday 1:00-1:50

Pharmacy Biochemistry
Tuesday & Thursday 1:15-2:30

Classes with more than 1 section

IPPE-I Pt. Interview

2 sections
Tuesday 9:30-11:50
Thursday 9:30-11:50

Human Physiology/Anatomy Lab

6 sections
Tuesday 10:00-12:00
Wednesday 10:00-12:00
Thursday 10:00-12:00
Friday 10:00-12:00
Tuesday 10:00-12:00
Thursday 10:00-12:00

Biostatics
2 sections
Monday & Wednesday 8:00-9:15
Tuesday & Thursday 4:05-5:20

Biostatics Drill
4 sections
Monday 10:00-10:50
Monday 11:00-11:50
Monday 4:00-4:50
Wednesday 4:00-4:50

Again, congrats to everyone that made it! I'm looking forward to meeting you all and spending the next few years together!

thisisme,
I thought the same thing regarding the Summer 1 deadline but I spoke with Mrs. Hudson in admissions yesterday and she comfirmed that they would accept the classes from Summer 2 bcuz it ends July 31 and she has access to all grades at Xavier anyway. So it sounds like a go for me, I really don't have alot of alternatives.

@pharm2006 about the apartments near school, honestly, not really a lot of them close by the school that are good, Xavier is kind of located in the wrong neighborhood. U need to try the city of Metairie or Harahan for apartments, that is where most of my friends stay. Both these cities are 5 to 10 minutes away from xavier.

@cichildaattack, like i said, the financial aid your first yr would be undergrad limits, I could not get any grants since I have a degree, this is a federal rule, ppl without degrees, if they met certain criteria may have gotten the pale grant. I receive a max of $5500.00 for subsidized loan and 12,500 for unsubsidized loan. to get more money, u have to take out a private loan with a bank or have some alternate payment. I think there is another loan, but u must include your taxes and parents taxes on your fasfa and turn in a copy of your parents tax form to xavier financial aid, then they will decide if you qualify for additional funds.

thisisme,
I thought the same thing regarding the Summer 1 deadline but I spoke with Mrs. Hudson in admissions yesterday and she comfirmed that they would accept the classes from Summer 2 bcuz it ends July 31 and she has access to all grades at Xavier anyway. So it sounds like a go for me, I really don't have alot of alternatives.

well that's good then!!! See you in August!

XULA is so easy to get into, I'm from Louisiana and I have a lot of friends that got into the pharmacy program with such low gpa such as 2.5, they don't really look at your PCAT score, its there for acredit purposes.

XULA is so easy to get into, I'm from Louisiana and I have a lot of friends that got into the pharmacy program with such low gpa such as 2.5, they don't really look at your PCAT score, its there for acredit purposes.

Correction. It was easy to get into with pre-reqs completed at Xavier, but now they've changed the pre-pharm requirements and are allowing more transfer students in as opposed to more of their own after taking a look at student behaviors within the COP.

anyone here have online classes that were transferred going in? what about the summer 2 session....is anyone taking medical ethics during summer 2? the assistant dean told me that grades have to be in by august 1 but summer 2 doesnt end until july 31.. any info on this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont know about y'all ...but the dorms are rather expensive for what you get. I've been looking and there are nicer places for cheaper if you have roommates. Crazy thought......but if anyone is interested in the idea of getting a couple people together to rent a house/apt, it will be much cheaper. Plus, we'll all be P1's so we'll all be studying the same material.

Also, i think it would be cool if anyone wants to post facebook/myspace links so we can see who everyone is. Were practically going to be family by the time schools over!
I definitely like your idea, we can get all together (3, 4 people) and rent a house or apartment to stay for another 4 years.:) and study together. We can save money and feel warmer since we are away from home:oops:.

I've also been accepted to Xavier's COP (sooo excited !) .....but I too need theology and health ethics courses. I'm from LA but I currently live in Dallas and I can't find theology anywhere. I looked online and saw that Xavier is offering both of these classes in their summer 2 session, so that seems like the less complicated route for me. As far as dorms or apartments...I haven't decided at all. I guess it will be whatever allows me the most flexibility financially:) If anyone has any advice or better suggestions it would definitely be appreciated. Congrats to everyone that got accepted!!!
I also need to take those 2 classes this summer, and I plan to go Xavier to take summer 2, hope to see you there in June 28 (summer class begins). Did you register for these classes yet?

I definitely like your idea, we can get all together (3, 4 people) and rent a house or apartment to stay for another 4 years.:) and study together. We can save money and feel warmer since we are away from home:oops:.

Alright! Me & bechut81 are on board....anyone else??

I also need to take those 2 classes this summer, and I plan to go Xavier to take summer 2, hope to see you there in June 28 (summer class begins). Did you register for these classes yet?

Great! I haven't registered for the classes yet though, I'm kinda blind going in trying to get things ready from out of state, but they said we could register that Friday before classes so I guess that's what I will do.

where do you guys see your schedule at? i don't see mine.

has anyone else recieved a schedule or emails regarding anything??

anyone here have online classes that were transferred going in? what about the summer 2 session....is anyone taking medical ethics during summer 2? the assistant dean told me that grades have to be in by august 1 but summer 2 doesnt end until july 31.. any info on this?

I was a P1 only... a few days ago. P1 year will be fairly easy for some of you and pretty challenging for others. The biggest thing about this year will be getting use to the amount of material that you have to literally memorize. I forgot about this site once school started but my advice to all of you will be to hit the ground running. You want to stay on top of things from day 1 so that you aren't forced to play catch up. Good luck to all of you. Hit me up with any questions. btw I got in as a transfer with a previous degree and most of my class has degrees as well. They're really changing a lot of things at XU.

I got into xula as well. I have a BS degree from LSU but did science prereqs at xula after graduating. This was my second time applying. I am not sure if I will attend. It's a reputable institution but I am ready for a change; ready to move out of Louisiana. Congrats to all who got in :)

Ulmque,

I noticed that other schools have accepted students fill out an immunization form asap, but did not hear anything about it from xula.

when did they have you fill that form?

They will send you an orientation packet that has a list of stuff that you need to have done before school starts. You have orientation some time in august but you'll get the packet in june or july. You'll have to get a physical, apply for your pharmacy intern license, get CPR certified, make sure you have all of the required immunizations, etc.

They will send you an orientation packet that has a list of stuff that you need to have done before school starts. You have orientation some time in august but you'll get the packet in june or july. You'll have to get a physical, apply for your pharmacy intern license, get CPR certified, make sure you have all of the required immunizations, etc.

Do you know if we'll need a graphing calculator at all during the 4 years? Im asking because if i dont need it, i have someone that needs mine.

Do you know if we'll need a graphing calculator at all during the 4 years? Im asking because if i dont need it, i have someone that needs mine.

I only had a scientific calculator and did just fine. Some professors won't let you use a graphing calculator on exams since some students try to use them to cheat. You can bring it if you want, or not, it's all up to you.

anyone interested in rooming 3/4 ppl for pharm school for the next 4 yrs.

My roommate and I actually found a 3 bedroom townhouse if anyone is interested. We have just one room available (obviously) to any takers. The town house is in the Metairie, right down the street from the mall and high school. If anyone is interested and still searching for a place, message me your email or facebook and I will get in touch with you. :)

P.S. I am entering the Pharmacy program this fall (if you didn't know) and my roommate is a pre-pharm student going to Xavier as well. Oh, and we are two asian males, if that counts for anything. :laugh:

Hi Zipzap,

I have been looking for info on the town of Metairie and I am currently in Boston, MA. What can you tell me about it? is it a safe area? Are they street or apartment building that I should avoid? Please let me know

Hey I just received acceptance into xula pharmacy(I was wait-listed) however I believe I have 3 course deficiencies:

I got a C- In Human Anatomy and physiology
I haven't taken that Ethics course and that Theology course

that means I would have to take 9 hrs in the second summer does that mean I am not eligible to start in Fall 2010? If not, then why would they send me an acceptance?
Is there any exceptions that they can make to this rule??? Cause I gotta start there for the fall

thanks

Hey I just received acceptance into xula pharmacy(I was wait-listed) however I believe I have 3 course deficiencies:

that means I would have to take 9 hrs in the second summer does that mean I am not eligible to start in Fall 2010? If not, then why would they send me an acceptance?
Is there any exceptions that they can make to this rule??? Cause I gotta start there for the fall

thanks

If I were you, take those classes ASAP. You never know, but from what I've heard, they won't let you start without those classes unless they changed it (which I highly doubt).

thanks

You dont need A&P as a pre-requisite. That's a class you take as a P-1. Even if you did, you wont need to retake it because you got a C. So really, you only need 2 classes. Where do you live? Definetly take those two over the summer and asap. I would call around and find a college that teaches those over the summer and just make it happen!

wait wth...I haven't log on xula web banner for a while until today, and I saw that under student detail schedule, it says that the date range for those classes are jul 1-dec 13. Are classes starting july 1st or something???? :confused:

wait wth...I haven't log on xula web banner for a while until today, and I saw that under student detail schedule, it says that the date range for those classes are jul 1-dec 13. Are classes starting july 1st or something???? :confused:

Someone told me that was a mistake..they just havent fixed it yet.

anyone taking health ethics during summer 2 session?

Hi Zipzap,

I have been looking for info on the town of Metairie and I am currently in Boston, MA. What can you tell me about it? is it a safe area? Are they street or apartment building that I should avoid? Please let me know

Hey buddy. To be honest. I am moving in from Georgia so I'm not sure how helpful my response will be. With that said, I have a couple of friends in the New Orleans area. They told me that the best areas to stay in is Metairie or Westbank. As far as safety, I'm not quite sure but I was told that these areas will be a lot safer than around Xavier.

I've declined my XULA seat... good luck whoever is waiting.

Are you all able to access your xula email??? Has anything been sent out? Something is wrong with mine. I'll have to call them in the morning.

Are you all able to access your xula email??? Has anything been sent out? Something is wrong with mine. I'll have to call them in the morning.

Don't worry too much. Nothing has been sent out yet.

Don't worry too much. Nothing has been sent out yet.

The only email I've recieved was regarding my financial aid award letter. Also, my schedule is posted on Banner Web, and I've recieved my orientation packet in the mail. All of this happened about 3 weeks ago.

does anyone know how much the Title III scholarship give you? i don't think i can turn in the application on time. they don't give you enough time to do that application. i'll be mad if that scholarship gives you alot :mad:

does anyone know how much the Title III scholarship give you? i don't think i can turn in the application on time. they don't give you enough time to do that application. i'll be mad if that scholarship gives you alot :mad:

I was wondering the same but I'd appreciate any amount. I have not received any information about financial aid since they told me to correct my fafsa...

I was wondering the same but I'd appreciate any amount. I have not received any information about financial aid since they told me to correct my fafsa...

What is the title III scholorship? Is it the same as the one for students from underprivlidged families?