Xrays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simone82

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi i Hope i can find someone Here WHO can answer my questions about xrays vor iam worried about my children...WE went at the Dentist thursday and the Patient before us got Just xrayed ...He was before us so is there anything possibility that the doctor or the helper transmitted xrays frok this Patient to my Boys?i dont know If xrays Stays in the Body or If they are gone ad soon as the Machines is Out...iam kinda freaking Out because myself iam very scared of xrays and i wouldnt let my Kids get Them ...Normally i would have left the doctors Office but for Dome reason i stayed this time..iam Just scared that the doctor or the helper transmitted x Rays to my children or is this Impossible?pleased dont laugh about me for me ITS really seriious ,i really paniced the last 2 days and iam so worried....sorry i Just thought Maybe someone can answer this for me...Simone

Members don't see this ad.

Hi i Hope i can find someone Here WHO can answer my questions about xrays vor iam worried about my children...WE went at the Dentist thursday and the Patient before us got Just xrayed ...He was before us so is there anything possibility that the doctor or the helper transmitted xrays frok this Patient to my Boys?i dont know If xrays Stays in the Body or If they are gone ad soon as the Machines is Out...iam kinda freaking Out because myself iam very scared of xrays and i wouldnt let my Kids get Them ...Normally i would have left the doctors Office but for Dome reason i stayed this time..iam Just scared that the doctor or the helper transmitted x Rays to my children or is this Impossible?pleased dont laugh about me for me ITS really seriious ,i really paniced the last 2 days and iam so worried....sorry i Just thought Maybe someone can answer this for me...Simone
Although this isn’t the correct place to ask this question don’t worry. X-rays exposure in the dental practice is extremely low and almost negligible. To put in normal terms you get more radiation from flying on a plane from California to New York than you would getting four full mouth X-rays (each full mouth = 18-20 exposures) so basically don’t worry and please don’t compromise your children’s oral and general health care because you’re afraid of X-rays. Doctors aren’t going to harm anyone. We’re here to help.

(Also X-rays cannot be transmitted fell person to person.)

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.