Ways to get dental Xray certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

passiondent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi
I am a foreign trained dentist
I want to work as a dental assistant untill I get into a dental school.
I am aware of DANB exam- RHS part for dental Xray certification.
Can anyone please tell me how to prepare for this exam and study material required for it?
I need only the Dental X ray certification to work as dental assistant in my state.
Plz. help me.
How to prepare for DANB?
Can a foreign trained dentist give all 3 parts of DANB exam?
how long does it take to prepare?
THANKS.............

someone..plzz...help
if anyone has taken the danb exam plzzz answer my questions....

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
check the website of your state dental board.... every state has one with its different requirments

Hi toothfairyqueen
I have read your earlier posts,you are really very very helpful.
Thanks for your reply.I have checked my state website and It says I have to give the RHS component of the exam and not the infection control and General chairside component.
But I dont know how to prepare for this RHS Exam .
IS there any study material available to study for the exam?
THANKS

Reactions: 1 user
Hi toothfairyqueen
I have read your earlier posts,you are really very very helpful.
Thanks for your reply.I have checked my state website and It says I have to give the RHS component of the exam and not the infection control and General chairside component.
But I dont know how to prepare for this RHS Exam .
IS there any study material available to study for the exam?
THANKS
DANB is an easy exam, i followed this material and cleared it to get CDA Certified Dental assistant credential.

1. Flashcard Study System for the Infection Control Exam: DANB Test Practice Questions & Review for the Infection Control Exam [Cards]

2. Flashcard Study System for the Radiation Health and Safety Exam: DANB Test Practice Questions & Review for the Radiation Health and Safety Exam [Cards]

3. Flashcard Study System for the General Chairside Assisting Exam: DANB Test Practice Questions & Review for the General Chairside Assisting Exam [Cards]

4. Secrets of the General Chairside Assisting Exam Study Guide: Danb Test Review for the General Chairside Assisting Exam [Paperback]

5. MOSBY'S Review Questions and Answers for Dental Assisting [Paperback]

HI TOOTHFAIRYQUEEN!!
thank you so much !!!
SO DO we need to do have a minimum 1yr chair side experience to give the GC component of the exam?
I know I am asking many Q's
I also want to give all 3 parts of the exam
Thanks again for ur quick reply.

So for all those international dentists who want to work as a dental assistant in Texas .. pls read thi website .. www.dentalcerts.com ...
You could register for this one day course , appear for the test and work ..;-)Pls contact Baylor college on 214 636 0381

HEY Thanks for the link.
I got all my answers.
THANKS so much.....

find out cpr training in your zip code on google, you'll get a tonne... do reply to tell me how many you find :)

i find many..is it like we need to take 2 year course & den they will give us certificate??

Members don't see this ad :)
With this course you will be A Registered Dental Assistant in Texas .. And you will be able to work in Texas ..Its a State conducted Exam ..
I am not sure if you can work in other states too with this ... every state has different set of rules .. you may want to particular state board

QUOTE=passiondent;11417889]SO with this course and exam I can work only in Texas right?
IS that a state exam or nationally valid exam? Can I work in other states after this exam?
thanks..[/QUOTE]

with this course you will be a registered dental assistant in texas .. And you will be able to work in texas ..its a state conducted exam ..
I am not sure if you can work in other states too with this ... Every state has different set of rules .. You may want to particular state board

okay now what??..i have got cpr certificate..i mean i will get through mail by the end of this week..now wat i should do??

Quote=passiondent;11417889]so with this course and exam i can work only in texas right?
Is that a state exam or nationally valid exam? Can i work in other states after this exam?
Thanks..
[/quote]

okay now what??..i have got cpr certificate..i mean i will get through mail by the end of this week..now wat i should do??

I want to get the dental Xray certificate if anyone have a idea about that how can it is easily possible for me.So please share with me.

with this course you will be a registered dental assistant in texas .. And you will be able to work in texas ..its a state conducted exam ..
I am not sure if you can work in other states too with this ... Every state has different set of rules .. You may want to particular state board

but to work do we need a green card or h1 visa??

Thanks in advance

quote=passiondent;11417889]so with this course and exam i can work only in texas right?
Is that a state exam or nationally valid exam? Can i work in other states after this exam?
Thanks..
[/quote]

[/QUOTE]

But to work do I need to have a green card or H1 visa?/

Yes you need a work Visa .. It could be H1 / Green Card / EAD ... Only then it makes sense to pursue this course .. or you can still do to improve your resume ...

But to work do I need to have a green card or H1 visa?/[/QUOTE]

Hello everyone. Let's probe a little further on the work permit status. Can anyone, tell me that a dependent of H1 Visa can work as a part-time Dental Assistant

Hi Tooth Fairy Queen,

I am taking the exam on RHS AND ICE. Will it be enough I if prepare from the flashcards or do u advise me to buy the study material mentioned in the DANB website.