Xavier University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Teggie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Xavier University Medical School located in Aruba?

Members don't see this ad.

Teggie said:
Has anyone heard of Xavier University Medical School located in Aruba?
Yea, I'd stay away, they are opening up a whole bunch of schools like a MCdonalds of medschools, NO WHO, No charter? No secure Future from this kind of school, they were started by the same people as St. Christophers of England.

Bad Karma!

oldpro said:
Yea, I'd stay away, they are opening up a whole bunch of schools like a MCdonalds of medschools, NO WHO, No charter? No secure Future from this kind of school, they were started by the same people as St. Christophers of England.

Bad Karma!

Never heard of 'em. Until just now that is.

Members don't see this ad :)
utorontograd said:
Never heard of 'em. Until just now that is.
They heavy advertise on other websites and "India Daily" as well as Indian TV On cable I understand.

Hey It's on TV so it must be okay. LOL :laugh:

They Claim Schools in: Aruba, Bonaire, Panama and soon Curicio.
All linked but no responsability for the other, Oh and the students say they will not (can't?) post about the school on these forums? Secret is bad I think.
This makes me say stay away cause this is wierd opening all these locals seems like they are trying to make lots of Money and run with it? I just don't trust this!

There is a new pharmacy school (UNA College of Pharmacy) that said they were going to operate under Xavier Medical, so I must assume this new pharmacy school will not be legit. Thanks guys!

If I were rejected from about 8 other caribbean medical schools, then I would consider xavier.

McGillGrad said:
If I were rejected from about 8 other caribbean medical schools, then I would consider xavier.

This is very true, good (albeit sarcastic) advice.

Stick with the well-known, reputable schools. I finished at Ross in 2005, I finished an internship at a university-based program, and now I'm in a good, strong anesthesiology residency in the northeast. I could not have done this, most likely, coming out of any other Caribbean school except for AUC, SGU, and maybe Saba.

You are investing a lot of time and money. You will have an uphill battle all the way. You will be handicapped and have to work extra hard to prove yourself. Don't dig any deeper of a hole.

It can be done, though. I'm living proof. Just make wise decisions, and this starts with the school you will attend.

Good luck!

-Skip

McGillGrad said:
If I were to be rejected by 8 caribbean medical schools i would just find a new career.

phisigman03 said:
If I were to be rejected by 8 caribbean medical schools i would just find a new career.

What you say would make sense for most people but if for some freak of nature I were rejected by 8 then I would keep going because there is nothing else in the world that I am better suited for than medicine (maybe except professional food taster or superhero).

Hey Skip, great to read your posts again- it's been quite some time since you were a reg ...how 'bout keeping us abreast of your first year anes for those carib grads interested in following your steps?