Xavier University College of Pharmacy C/O 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got acceptance letter 3 days ago. Woohoo. I'm from Texas.
Hey! Do you remember what type of interview questions were asked??

Members don't see this ad.

I know for sure they're offering the health class online in the summer...they probably will offer theology online too...i do know that you can take any theology at xavier n you will receive credit...im taking a 2000 level online at xavier this semester...but i need to take Biostat and Health during the summer...
Can I have any notes from you after u finish your class. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I have my interview soon and was curious what type of questions were asked?? Thanks!
They asked me Why Xavier...Why pharmacy...what pharmacy career path do you wanna persue (meaning clinical vs retail) i strongly suggest you tell them clinical whether you want to do that or not cause ive talked to past pharmacist and current pharmacy students and everyone says Xavier wants to push out Clinical Pharmacist cause in their eyes retail is all about the money but clinical is where you actually help people...i also suggest you tell them a specific clinical specialty your interested in such as diabetes, high bp, cardiovascular but something you know a little about and can talk a little about it that way you can sound like your telling the truth in case your lying...whats something i had to overcome and how did i overcome it...if in 10 yrs you discover a cure for a specific cancer but you only have 100 doses, which demographic would you give it to and why...then they segued into what if one of your family members have cancer n you can cure them but they dont meet the criteria would you give it to them(integrity question)...they asked what i did in the pharmacy where im currently employed...what can i bring to the table to advance the field...though they didnt ask me, last year they asked about Obamacare so i suggest you have a few facts prepared just in case... they will have a list of questions they are going to ask but the more you talk, the less questions they will ask...more than likely depending on what your talking about, you may answer their question inadvertently...also keep the convo relaxed as if your talking about your future with a friend...it lasted about 30 to 45 minutes...

Reactions: 1 user
They asked me Why Xavier...Why pharmacy...what pharmacy career path do you wanna persue (meaning clinical vs retail) i strongly suggest you tell them clinical whether you want to do that or not cause ive talked to past pharmacist and current pharmacy students and everyone says Xavier wants to push out Clinical Pharmacist cause in their eyes retail is all about the money but clinical is where you actually help people...i also suggest you tell them a specific clinical specialty your interested in such as diabetes, high bp, cardiovascular but something you know a little about and can talk a little about it that way you can sound like your telling the truth in case your lying...whats something i had to overcome and how did i overcome it...if in 10 yrs you discover a cure for a specific cancer but you only have 100 doses, which demographic would you give it to and why...then they segued into what if one of your family members have cancer n you can cure them but they dont meet the criteria would you give it to them(integrity question)...they asked what i did in the pharmacy where im currently employed...what can i bring to the table to advance the field...though they didnt ask me, last year they asked about Obamacare so i suggest you have a few facts prepared just in case... they will have a list of questions they are going to ask but the more you talk, the less questions they will ask...more than likely depending on what your talking about, you may answer their question inadvertently...also keep the convo relaxed as if your talking about your future with a friend...it lasted about 30 to 45 minutes...
Lol. I did samething. I asked a lot of questions so they didn't have enough time, they asked me only 3 questions. Love Xavier, all faculties r friendly and super nice.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol. I did samething. I asked a lot of questions so they didn't have enough time, they asked me only 3 questions. Love Xavier, all faculties r friendly and super nice.
I agree. I also got couple questions about my willing to report my friend cheating on exam and stuffs like that. They asked me about my background and whether I'm confident with science classes or not. They were supper nice and they even asked me about financial plan and housing. Don't be too stressful, if you are unsure about the question, just ask them to repeat or explain it in details. good luck

Reactions: 1 users
I heard that we need a CPR certificate for Xavier before the school starts, and they are not accepting online courses. Does anyone know where should we take that course?

I heard that we need a CPR certificate for Xavier before the school starts, and they are not accepting online courses. Does anyone know where should we take that course?
Not im not sure but if i find out I'll post it...

Xavier hold a couple of CPR classes towards the end of summer, so that should be the least of your worries!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I have a plan to travel out of country this summer, so I need to have things done before I go.
Xavier hold a couple of CPR classes towards the end of summer, so that should be the least of your worries!

Hey, guys!! I recently got accepted in January, and I go to LSU right now. I was wondering if any fellow transfer students for fall 2016 have gotten their official Xavier email address yet through the mail?!

Hey, guys!! I recently got accepted in January, and I go to LSU right now. I was wondering if any fellow transfer students for fall 2016 have gotten their official Xavier email address yet through the mail?!
Go on xula website click on email, click on login now (next to Old Webmail System) username should be 1st letter of first name and last name with the #1 behind it...ex jsmith1 and password should be last 5 digits of your student id #

Go on xula website click on email, click on login now (next to Old Webmail System) username should be 1st letter of first name and last name with the #1 behind it...ex jsmith1 and password should be last 5 digits of your student id #

Last edited:
Hey, congrats. I'm at LSU as well. What class you take for Theology? I'm taking REL 1000 but not sure if that is transferable.

Hey, congrats. I'm at LSU as well. What class you take for Theology? I'm taking REL 1000 but not sure if that is transferable.
It should! I am worried about mine as well because I took Rel 2029. It says on the sheet from the LSU pharmacy counselor that 1000, 2027, and 2029 are accepted but I think I may have to do something to transfer it properly. For some reason that's the only class that did not go through already but it eventually will. I called up Ms. Kittles and she said it definitely will though.

It should! I am worried about mine as well because I took Rel 2029. It says on the sheet from the LSU pharmacy counselor that 1000, 2027, and 2029 are accepted but I think I may have to do something to transfer it properly. For some reason that's the only class that did not go through already but it eventually will. I called up Ms. Kittles and she said it definitely will though.
Thanks. They do accept REL 1000. Did anyone try to do the student loan yet? This is my first time doing student loans so I have no idea how the process goes

Has anyone heard anything from Xavier in regards to our schedule for Fall cause I know registration is going on right now...Also has anyone heard anything in regards to orientation?...

Has anyone heard anything from Xavier in regards to our schedule for Fall cause I know registration is going on right now...Also has anyone heard anything in regards to orientation?...
No, I haven't heard anything yet. Not even the mail because people usually got the student brochure around this time.

No, I haven't heard anything yet. Not even the mail because people usually got the student brochure around this time.
Oh ok well at least i know now that i haven't missed anything...they're just extra slow i guess...

Hey, does anyone receive the email about Student health requirements? They told us to complete the Health Clearance from but I don't know where to find it. And what y'all do with the insurance part? I don't have insurance now so I don't know which one is good to buy...Thanks

Hey, does anyone receive the email about Student health requirements? They told us to complete the Health Clearance from but I don't know where to find it. And what y'all do with the insurance part? I don't have insurance now so I don't know which one is good to buy...Thanks
Hey, when did u get that email?

I haven't received anything from Xavier yet! I talked to a P1 student who said last year brochures were mailed out with everything we needed to complete before school starts like CPR classes, immunizations, pharmacy intern license, orientation etc..! She said we should get it by early May! Was the email a brochure or just something for immunizations and insurance?

I haven't received anything from Xavier yet! I talked to a P1 student who said last year brochures were mailed out with everything we needed to complete before school starts like CPR classes, immunizations, pharmacy intern license, orientation etc..! She said we should get it by early May! Was the email a brochure or just something for immunizations and insurance?
no, just about the immunization and insurance

Below is the link to the immunization form. I hope this is what you are looking for. I have no idea about any of the insurance options though.

http://www.xula.edu/student-health/documents/ProofofImmunizationComplianceForm.pdf

Does anyone have plan for housing? I don't know anybody in NO so I'm considering to live on campus. Try to look for roommate if possible to share room.

Anyone going to summer school at xavier if so what classes are you guys taking?

No I have not received anything at all yet and I heard last year they received a brochure in early May so I'm getting a little worried! I looked at last years brochure and a lot of things were due either June or July 1st so they are pushing it close. You can search Xavier P1 Brochure and see last years brochure!

No I have not received anything at all yet and I heard last year they received a brochure in early May so I'm getting a little worried! I looked at last years brochure and a lot of things were due either June or July 1st so they are pushing it close. You can search Xavier P1 Brochure and see last years brochure!
I'm having an anxiety because I'm leaving for a trip that is out of country for 2 months. So I really need get things done before I go.

Wow I would be getting nervous too! I called the PEP office and asked which immunizations we need and they said 2 MMR immunizations, 3 hep B, 2 varicella, Tdap, meningococcal and TB test plus all titers (MMR, Hep B and Varicella)! I went ahead and got my titers done yesterday!

Here is a list I found! I forgot we also need a health physical!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    254.3 KB · Views: 44
Does anyone have plan for housing? I don't know anybody in NO so I'm considering to live on campus. Try to look for roommate if possible to share room.
Hey, did u find roomate yet?

Has anyone found any student off campus apartments that mainly includes all utilities and etc ??

I am a female alum of Xavier and am looking for a roommate. I currently work at Tulane and will be starting a PhD program soon. I have a newly renovated 3 bedroom house and want to rent out a room if anyone is interested (the 3rd bedroom will remain unoccupied). It is about a 15 min drive to campus and all utilities will be included in the rent.

Hey guys!! Can you tell me how the prematriculation program was? Please provide details, and whether or not you feel it was very useful and why. Thanks!