Wright State c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else who interviewed on 10/15 or after heard anything yet? I am a bit confused as to how they are doing things at this point....

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed 10/21 and haven't heard anything. They meet again next week (hopefully-who knows with it being Thanksgiving week), so I would think the next round of decisions would go out soon after. They obviously weren't kidding about 4-6 weeks.

I interviewed 10/21 and haven't heard anything. They meet again next week (hopefully-who knows with it being Thanksgiving week), so I would think the next round of decisions would go out soon after. They obviously weren't kidding about 4-6 weeks.

Actually, they met yesterday, so hopefully you'll hear something soon... :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! I was just accepted here and am so grateful and excited!! I was wondering if you guys had thoughts at all about living situations and where you are guys are going to start to look for apartments or whatever.

Looking forward to meeting you all in August!

I interviewed on 10/28 and haven't heard back yet. the problem with these relaxed, conversational interviews is that they all seemingly go well for everyone. so it's hard to gauge one's chances. booooo.

Anyone know of the people who got in off the stand-by list and how? Did they send in LO intent? Did they just wait it out? Also are people who are interviewed being rejected at this point or just wait-listed/accepted? It seems like just the latter two.

Anyone know of the people who got in off the stand-by list and how? Did they send in LO intent? Did they just wait it out? Also are people who are interviewed being rejected at this point or just wait-listed/accepted? It seems like just the latter two.

From reading some of the older threads, it seems that most people wait it out. I would guess that WSU gets a decent amount of waitlist movement. But not really an (informed) answer to you question I guess.

I haven't yet heard anything from them and interviewed 6 weeks ago. I am reallly hoping to hear ANYTHING from them this week. I just want to know....

I got the little envelope. Looks like I have to wait until May to find out my fate.

I got the little envelope. Looks like I have to wait until May to find out my fate.

Keep your hopes up...you have a very strong application and it's still pretty early. A HUGE portion of their waitlist gets off. Either way, you're getting in somewhere this cycle. :xf::luck:

Yea, I've been looking for answers and what I've found so far is that in the past they had big movement from the wait list and then the recent years not as much because a lot of people were accepting their spots in the class. Now it seems as though they've shifted back to being cautious: accepting fewer people and then referring to the wait list in April...at least that's what I'm hoping. If anyone has any news or insight, I'd be glad to hear it.

anybody who interviewed on 11/5 hear anything yet?

i'm freakin' out over here.

I interviewed 10/28 and have yet to hear back. so I'm freaking out more!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 10/22 and got my decision a few days ago. The committee meets Fridays FYI. Good luck, I was waitlisted.:(

I felt like I had two good interviews and was waitlisted. Granted, I am short on EC's. Much of my time in college was spent participating in a sport that, while being a valuable like experience and taking up as much time as collegiate athletics, is not officially recognized by the NCAA. I still have volunteer and shadowing experience - just not as much as if I was "only" pre-med.

My impression of Wright State is that they are not too terribly concerned with numbers. If you have acceptable numbers, you are going to get a look. I think they might be under the impression that, among those with exceptionally high statistics, they are unable to compete with other, more prestigious in-state schools. (whether or not this is right or honorable is another question)

So, I think that they emphasize ECs more than some other schools would and honor a commitment to the region. I think this is evidenced by the match statistics and state-residency admissions information. Whatever their reasoning, their methods seem to be working - I have heard nothing but good things about the medical school and was impressed upon visiting.

Honestly, that's the only thing I am worried about with Wright State. I am not sure if their matches are all in this region because that's what the students wanted, or if it's because they weren't able to match anywhere else but this region. For example, in the last two years, nobody has matched in california...

I would like to stay in ohio, but I also have a lot of family in cali, and would consider moving there for residency if given the option. That's what's scaring me.

I felt like I had two good interviews and was waitlisted. Granted, I am short on EC's. Much of my time in college was spent participating in a sport that, while being a valuable like experience and taking up as much time as collegiate athletics, is not officially recognized by the NCAA. I still have volunteer and shadowing experience - just not as much as if I was "only" pre-med.

My impression of Wright State is that they are not too terribly concerned with numbers. If you have acceptable numbers, you are going to get a look. I think they might be under the impression that, among those with exceptionally high statistics, they are unable to compete with other, more prestigious in-state schools. (whether or not this is right or honorable is another question)

So, I think that they emphasize ECs more than some other schools would and honor a commitment to the region. I think this is evidenced by the match statistics and state-residency admissions information. Whatever their reasoning, their methods seem to be working - I have heard nothing but good things about the medical school and was impressed upon visiting.

my numbers are "acceptable," I guess... (30 mcat, 3.5 gpa). I thought both my interviews went well. My student interview went really well... as we pretty much talked about an internship I did half the time and actually went over the hour allotted. I am just concerned that I wasn't asked too much about myself in other regards. My MD interviewer, for the most part, was just telling me stories about random things, and asked me only like 4 questions... mostly about my HOBBIES... (but it still lasted the whole hour!).

still waiting....

Hey all, I am a member of the 2011 class and wanted to say welcome to everyone who have received acceptances and that I'm crossing my fingers for the rest of you. I was reading the post and I wanted to just throw out some info that may answer some questions.
First off, phospho, don't concern yourself too much with the fact that you haven't seen someone match into cali for a few years. It is most likely due to the fact that very few (and I mean very few) students from that far out of state rarely ever get interviews, let alone acceptances, there is a preference given to in-state and even border-state students. Students have matched to places like Pitt, Hopkins, Duke, Mass General, so as long as you bust your hump, score well on the boards, and do well on your 3rd year clerkships you will be able to pick your spot. From what the recent grads have told me there wasn't a single person who didn't at least get their second pick during match.
August-you hit the nail on the head, numbers are not the most important thing at WSU, being a well balanced student with acheivements in academia, volunteering, research, is very, very important.
Any questions, feel free to message and ask, I'm always looking for an excuse to take a study break (as all of you will in a year or two).

Hey all, I am a member of the 2011 class and wanted to say welcome to everyone who have received acceptances and that I'm crossing my fingers for the rest of you. I was reading the post and I wanted to just throw out some info that may answer some questions.
First off, phospho, don't concern yourself too much with the fact that you haven't seen someone match into cali for a few years. It is most likely due to the fact that very few (and I mean very few) students from that far out of state rarely ever get interviews, let alone acceptances, there is a preference given to in-state and even border-state students. Students have matched to places like Pitt, Hopkins, Duke, Mass General, so as long as you bust your hump, score well on the boards, and do well on your 3rd year clerkships you will be able to pick your spot. From what the recent grads have told me there wasn't a single person who didn't at least get their second pick during match.
August-you hit the nail on the head, numbers are not the most important thing at WSU, being a well balanced student with acheivements in academia, volunteering, research, is very, very important.
Any questions, feel free to message and ask, I'm always looking for an excuse to take a study break (as all of you will in a year or two).

Thank you so much for the post! I didn't know there were WSU med students around here. I had a couple of questions:

1- Are there any people in your class (including you) that had given up other acceptances for wright state? if so, is it crazy to give up an acceptance at somewhere like Ohio State, just to go to wright state? I love your school, and I didn't like OSU half as much.

2- Will it make a difference in the ability to obtain out of state residencies if you graduated from wright state instead of a big state school like ohio state?

3- what do you absolutely hate about your school? i.e. if there was something you could change about your medical education @ WSU, what would it be?

Again, thank you SO much! :luck:

We're around from time to time between tests, haha.

1-I actually withdrew from OSU post secondary after my interview here and at 2 other schools (Cincinatti and Jefferson Medical College). OSU is a great school, I was there for undergrad but just didn't feel the close-knit aspect as much as the other schools and that bothered me a little. Again, not taking anything away from them, they are great.
2-Big state schools are normally more able to get students involved in research (although if you want to do research at WSU they are the number 4 rated research school among schools with enrollments under 15,000). A lot of students believe that having research opens doors for you in the future and for some specialties that is true. Students at OSU may match out of state more often, but they also admit a much higher percentage of people that are from out of state, these students were probably not going to stay in ohio anyway. I'll say it again, and it's the god's honest truth, do well in your classes, do well on boards, do well on clerkship rotations = go whereever you want. For me, I liked WSU because the students, faculty, environment were all welcoming and comfortable. This allowed me to be more relaxed and perform well enough to go on scholarship.
3-The one thing I wish they did better was spend more time teaching pharm, more drugs every day and it can get hard to keep up. Thats it though.

We're around from time to time between tests, haha.

1-I actually withdrew from OSU post secondary after my interview here and at 2 other schools (Cincinatti and Jefferson Medical College). OSU is a great school, I was there for undergrad but just didn't feel the close-knit aspect as much as the other schools and that bothered me a little. Again, not taking anything away from them, they are great.
2-Big state schools are normally more able to get students involved in research (although if you want to do research at WSU they are the number 4 rated research school among schools with enrollments under 15,000). A lot of students believe that having research opens doors for you in the future and for some specialties that is true. Students at OSU may match out of state more often, but they also admit a much higher percentage of people that are from out of state, these students were probably not going to stay in ohio anyway. I'll say it again, and it's the god's honest truth, do well in your classes, do well on boards, do well on clerkship rotations = go whereever you want. For me, I liked WSU because the students, faculty, environment were all welcoming and comfortable. This allowed me to be more relaxed and perform well enough to go on scholarship.
3-The one thing I wish they did better was spend more time teaching pharm, more drugs every day and it can get hard to keep up. Thats it though.

thank you!!!:love:

one more question

do you have any classmates that commute daily from columbus? are classes everyday? I live with my family in columbus and it would be MUCH cheaper if i stay here and not have to rent an apartment in dayton. Is something like this doable or is it smarter to just spend that 7-9K a year for an apartment?

Thank you so much for the post! I didn't know there were WSU med students around here. I had a couple of questions:

1- Are there any people in your class (including you) that had given up other acceptances for wright state? if so, is it crazy to give up an acceptance at somewhere like Ohio State, just to go to wright state? I love your school, and I didn't like OSU half as much.

2- Will it make a difference in the ability to obtain out of state residencies if you graduated from wright state instead of a big state school like ohio state?

3- what do you absolutely hate about your school? i.e. if there was something you could change about your medical education @ WSU, what would it be?

Again, thank you SO much! :luck:

There's a few of us that roam the forums from time to time, reserving most of our input for Wright State threads such as this one. :)

Regarding your three questions above, I can really only echo what Polo has said, because I share the same sentiments.

1. For me, it came down to WSU vs. OSU... literally, because I only applied to three schools, the third being Cincinnati (and they rejected me post-secondary; it's odd how different schools can be looking for completely different things/applicants). Having worked (office staff + research) at OSUMC for three years following my undergrad education (I decided not to apply to medical school during undergrad, so I was a first time applicant), I was pretty familiar with OSU's program. After my interview here at WSU, there was no comparison for ME, personally (everyone's different). Primarily, for the very reasons that Polo has already mentioned. What you see is what you get with WSU, also; I've been very happy with my decision, since!

2. Completely agree with Polo, with the main point being that you will not limit yourself or your potential by coming to WSU. If you put in the effort, you WILL be able to do whatever you want...

3. Pharm! I just don't feel like I have a comprehensive understanding of a lot of the drugs. That said, I know that 1) this is a complaint of many med students across the country, and 2) I think WSU has done a good job of teaching a lot of the "USMLE-relevant" drugs (including their indications, mode of action, side effects, etc.), which honestly, at this point in my medical education, is really all I care to know.... I figure I'll learn the rest in my clinical years

Regarding classmates that commute, we do have two that drive in from Columbus every day. They both seem to be doing really well, as far as I can tell. Also, they are both well liked and get along with everyone, so I don't think it has affected them negatively in terms of building relationships with the rest of us, as one might expect...

Overall, it's definitely doable. I will say that the commute takes away two hours that could be spent studying, etc. However, depending on your learning style, that may not affect you. Students have always found ways to get around this by downloading lectures to their iPod, going over notes and quizzing eachother while carpooling, etc.

By the way... Yes, classes are every day, but you only have to be present for certain days (quizzes, tests, Anatomy Lab dissections, and Introduction to Clinical Medicine classes, which are on most Fridays). The rest of the time, you can totally get by with the online audio and video recordings of the lectures. I'm not one to recommend skipping lecture, but I know many people that do, simply because you can download the lecture audio and play it at 2x speed, to save time.

Best of luck to everyone! :luck: I don't envy anybody going through the application process...

Last edited:
Insert OUchris1's remark here

Ditto, that was easy

Chris and Polo, thank you both so much.

Chris, you mentioned "building relationships" in your class when you were talking about the commute. That is actually something that I found very interesting when I interviewed at your school a few months ago: People seemed amazingly friendly. Are you all friends? do you guys hang out often? This is something really important to me in terms of keeping my sanity in med school - I'm a social person, and I don't plan on studying 24/7. Will I find my niche? That's a major reason that's keeping me away from OSU. Do you guys generally know each other in class?

One question for both of you. What's something awesome about your school that you had no idea about until you actually matriculated? i.e. something that you couldn't have known just by reading about the school.

thank you! :)

one more!!:D

You've both experienced what it's like to be in med school, and have discovered what's important and what's not important in your medical education. Are there any questions you wish you asked when you were a premed? Are there any details I'm failing to take into question as I am trying to decide?

As a premed, I'm focusing on the things that will seem to matter in the first year or so. Do you think my questions are fine, or are they too simple? Are there any other questions I should be asking?

:love:

ok so I interviewed 10/28. still haven't heard back. it'll be 6 weeks after next week. I have gotten into another school which requires a $2000 deposit by Jan 2nd. Wright State is my #1 choice though. After visiting and interviewing, I loved everything about it. Should I try to talk to/meet with an admissions officer (such as the one I had met before applying this yr)? Or should I just wait it out?

Our class gets along very well, I actually feel very lucky to have found that I don't spend all my time with one group because the class does a lot together. Following exams there is always some sort of get-together planned and almost the entire class shows up (and the halloween party has been fantastic for the two years I have been here). So, to answer your question, I'm sure you will find your niche.

Something I didn't know, probably how great the faculty and staff is. I've tried to be really involved over the past two years and that has afforded me the opportunity to meet and work with a number of faculty and staff members and they have been great. From financial aid to admission to student affairs I have never felt like these people wouldn't do anything they could for me. Especially Dee (the secretary in admissions), you will love her.

Ask about healer's art, it is a program that first years can take during the winter that is in the evening and helps you to recognize how important balance is in the life of a physician/med student. I thought originally it was going to be a "sit around the campfire and sing" sort of thing (wasn't too excited about that). But, it totally blew me away, it is tough to explain but during the winter when you're halfway through the year and you never see the sun it can be depressing and you can get burned out. This class helps to deal with or prevent that from happening and it does a fantastic job.

Anything else?

Our class gets along very well, I actually feel very lucky to have found that I don't spend all my time with one group because the class does a lot together. Following exams there is always some sort of get-together planned and almost the entire class shows up (and the halloween party has been fantastic for the two years I have been here). So, to answer your question, I'm sure you will find your niche.

Something I didn't know, probably how great the faculty and staff is. I've tried to be really involved over the past two years and that has afforded me the opportunity to meet and work with a number of faculty and staff members and they have been great. From financial aid to admission to student affairs I have never felt like these people wouldn't do anything they could for me. Especially Dee (the secretary in admissions), you will love her.

Ask about healer's art, it is a program that first years can take during the winter that is in the evening and helps you to recognize how important balance is in the life of a physician/med student. I thought originally it was going to be a "sit around the campfire and sing" sort of thing (wasn't too excited about that). But, it totally blew me away, it is tough to explain but during the winter when you're halfway through the year and you never see the sun it can be depressing and you can get burned out. This class helps to deal with or prevent that from happening and it does a fantastic job.

Anything else?

thank you!

please tell me to shutup if I start to annoy you:oops:

Everyone I've spoken with say that the prematiculation program in the summer is worthless, since it just gives you confidence for those first few weeks, and then all of a sudden you will be overwhelmed with the material (as opposed to people who haven't taken the program who hit the ground running from day 1).

Do you have any comments on that or on the program in general? Is it worth signing up for?

:love:

I think it would be unrealistic/misleading to say that we're all "friends", but I would say that everybody gets along considerably well. That all comes back to the type of applicant that this school is looking for, though. They do a great job of finding people that are down-to-earth, personable individuals who are able to get along with just about anybody. Then, once you matriculate, the curriculum emphasizes a lot of group work (such as dissection groups, team learning groups, introduction to clinical medicine groups, social and ethical issues groups, etc... there are no group projects or assignments; you just work in groups in class, etc) that places you in close working relationships with many of your classmates (ideally, each of the different groups you're in will consist of different people).

As a result, you will not only find your niche, but you'll become very familiar with a great deal of your (~100) classmates. So, when those various parties, outings, etc. do take place, you don't have to go out thinking "Oh, I hope X and Y from my niche/clique are going to be there", because really, you're gonna show up and run into a number of classmates that you know well and get along with...

As far as something awesome about the school that I wasn't aware of... Hmmmm, I can't really say that anything has necessarily surprised me. I'll agree with Polo about the Administration. They're the best; a lot of fun and likeable people. That's something that I wasn't even aware of during my first year, simply because they used to be in a separate building. Now that we're all in the new Fred White Hall it's allowed a lot more interaction with them, and it's been a fun time. I also really enjoyed my summer elective experience in Trauma Surgery (one week of night shifts, one week of day shifts). That was something that was totally unexpected; I didn't even need the elective credits, but it sounded like fun, and I had a blast. I love that there's always something social going on; I don't go out a ton but it's nice to know that when I want to, there's generally something to do. I love that there are so many special interest groups, and that many of my classmates are passionate about different community service organizations such as Reach Out (free clinic), Special Olympics, etc. I really enjoy our Intro to Clinical Medicine course... I know a lot of people on here call early clinical exposure "worthless" (and it can seem like a nuisance when you have a workshop on Friday, and you wanna spend a couple more hours studying for your Monday final), but I always feel like it's time well spent. The new building is great. I know that's not really telling you anything new, but I just can't tell you how awesome it is to have a med-student-only building that is fully accessible 24 hours per day. It's been a huge improvement from last year.

Regarding what you should focus on as a premed... It sounds like you're considering the right things, but then again, I'm just a second year student, and I'm really not that far removed from where you are. So, I basically still have the same concerns as you do now; the curriculum, the student body, match rates, the boards, etc... Ultimately, you really just need to choose the school at which you'll be most comfortable. If you can't be as comfortable and happy as possible throughout this process, then you're potentially setting yourself up for failure.

Regarding the Prematriculation experience, I didn't do it myself, but I cannot imagine there being a negative to it aside from the fact that you're forfeiting a few weeks of your summer. You get to cover the first block of material in a low-stress environment, where nobody is really grading you. You get extensive contact with instructors/tutors who can give you personal attention. It allows you to get here early, and get set up (find an apartment, move in, arrange for cable/internet, etc) before school gets crazy. You get to meet a fifth of your class and start bonding before "real school" kicks in, so you'll have a ton of time to hang out with each other.

I guess I can understand how the PreMatric students would feel more overwhelmed at the start of the second block compared to the first block (which they covered during PreMatric), but they certainly shouldn't be anymore overwhelmed than their non-PreMatric counterparts at the start of the second block. If they are (when they have every opportunity to enter that block ahead of everybody else and should be relatively well-rested), then that might speak of poor time-management on their part.

Last edited:
ok so I interviewed 10/28. still haven't heard back. it'll be 6 weeks after next week. I have gotten into another school which requires a $2000 deposit by Jan 2nd. Wright State is my #1 choice though. After visiting and interviewing, I loved everything about it. Should I try to talk to/meet with an admissions officer (such as the one I had met before applying this yr)? Or should I just wait it out?

Glad to hear that you loved WSU, Hopeful! I wouldn't worry about hearing back in time for that deposit... they'll certainly get back to you before then. Actually, our AdCom just met last Wednesday, so hopefully you'll hear something this week. Best of luck!

This is actually something that I really regret not participating in last year. Like Polo, I thought it was gonna be kind of a "Kumbaya" (sp?) sort of thing, and I never really thought that I needed anything like that, so I didn't participate. However, it seems like I missed out on something pretty fun/interesting. If you come here, give it a chance... you'll probably enjoy it.

I actually taught the prematric course this last summer (and hopefully will get to teach it again this summer) with a few of my classmates. It was a blast, the prematric'ers were great. The feedback was very positive and a number of them felt they benefitted from being able to run through similar material twice before the new stuff hit because it allowed them to really establish a functional study plan. Then again, if they didn't say I was a sweet teacher I could have never released their grades (just kidding-maybe not-no really I am). If you have the time and you don't mind the sacrifice of some of your summer then I would say go for it.

i'm in! woot!

when did you interview?

oct 28. it took exactly 6 weeks (i should say, it took exactly 6 excruciating weeks, since i had some D.O. schools with deposit deadlines looming)

YAY! I got my first acceptance letter today from
Wright State :soexcited:

twinnie, how did you feel your interview went?

sorry it took me so long to respond...i felt it went well to put it simply. i will be honest, i have average stats for that school and kind of expected to be waitlisted as i heard many people are put on the waitlist but accepted later? anyways, best of luck. i hate to say it but sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to everyones outcome. the best we can do is to do our best and wait and see. the waiting process sucks though!;)

I interviewed on 10/28 and haven't heard back yet. the problem with these relaxed, conversational interviews is that they all seemingly go well for everyone. so it's hard to gauge one's chances. booooo.

Word. Toledo's interviews were the same and I got waitlisted. I'm really hoping WSU comes through for me: love this school.

Hey everyone,

When do you think would be a good time to ask to meet with a dean about my wait list status? I was thinking maybe late March? I was planning on sending a letter of update/intent maybe mid-March and then calling to meet with a dean a few weeks later. I just want to show my passion for the school before the committee has a chance to meet and discuss taking off wait listed applicants. Thoughts and advice are always appreciated.

Has anyone who interviewed early November heard anything yet?

just a heads up about the school.
warning: if you will have a type 1 hypersensitivity reaction to reading anything negative about WSU, please do not read this.

i graduated from WSU and its a decent place overall.
the first two years are pretty well organized (pharm is absolutely pathetic)
but 3rd and 4th year is really when things get disorganized.
having to drive to any of 5 or more sites in the greater dayton area gets old very quickly (sometimes you'd have to drive 20 minutes to take a quiz close to where you live, drive back to the hospital, then go back home!).

but aside from a scattered training experience, the administrative faculty and clerkship coordinators are not very organized either.
it's hard to consider these things when applying but this becomes very important later on.
i even found their whole process for the deans letter to be very disorganized - they got the deans letters out late, mine was covered with mistakes and i had to make several trips to the school from downtown to fix the problems.

when you're applying for residencies and such this is extremely important stuff. every little detail counts.

i have met some of my closest friends at school so i have a positive feeling overall. but i wonder if i would have chosen the school knowing what i do now about the clinical years and (lack of) organization of the clerkships and administrative faculty.

as with any advice you receive, take this with a grain of salt.

edit: i just got a pretty nasty PM suggesting that i am hurting the school by posting this.
i do not think so. i think it's good to have well-informed applicants.
i was somewhat blissfully unaware of the weaknesses during my WSU experience until residency started at a nearby institution. Now I see what it is like for medical students to have much more solid clinical training, more support from faculty (WSU relies on volunteers during the clinical years for the most part), and far less busy-work. again-this is just one random person's perspective. you are entitled to your own.

Last edited:
just a heads up about the school.
warning: if you will have a type 1 hypersensitivity reaction to reading anything negative about WSU, please do not read this.

i graduated from WSU and its a decent place overall.
the first two years are pretty well organized (pharm is absolutely pathetic)
but 3rd and 4th year is really when things get disorganized.
having to drive to any of 5 or more sites in the greater dayton area gets old very quickly (sometimes you'd have to drive 20 minutes to take a quiz close to where you live, drive back to the hospital, then go back home!).

but aside from a scattered training experience, the administrative faculty and clerkship coordinators are not very organized either.
it's hard to consider these things when applying but this becomes very important later on.
i even found their whole process for the deans letter to be very disorganized - they got the deans letters out late, mine was covered with mistakes and i had to make several trips to the school from downtown to fix the problems.

when you're applying for residencies and such this is extremely important stuff. every little detail counts.

i have met some of my closest friends at school so i have a positive feeling overall. but i wonder if i would have chosen the school knowing what i do now about the clinical years and (lack of) organization of the clerkships and administrative faculty.

as with any advice you receive, take this with a grain of salt.

edit: i just got a pretty nasty PM suggesting that i am hurting the school by posting this.
i do not think so. i think it's good to have well-informed applicants.
i was somewhat blissfully unaware of the weaknesses during my WSU experience until residency started at a nearby institution. Now I see what it is like for medical students to have much more solid clinical training, more support from faculty (WSU relies on volunteers during the clinical years for the most part), and far less busy-work. again-this is just one random person's perspective. you are entitled to your own.

Thank you very much for your post. I think it's absolutely critical that we know both sides of the equation before we decide our fate.

Is there anything else you'd like to add? Did any of your classmates also feel that they were at a disadvantage when residency started?

Would you have gone somewhere else? Were you accepted somewhere else?

Again, thank you very much for your reply. For every school I applied to, I have been able to identify the positives and negatives. Every school has negative qualities, and I am really glad you're bringing this to light. Please do not feel you are hurting the school. I still love this school, and I realize that every school is weak in a certain aspect.

:):luck:

silverstar, seriously, thanks for your reply. I don't think you're hurting WSU but just giving your own honest assessment based on your own experiences.

Thanks.:thumbup: