Wreb 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luc33

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I looked for a thread and it is no where around here. i can't believe it. the Exam is coming in few months.
please if you have and Question, helpful info, materials, concerns and wishes for the Wreb Exam, post it here.

Members don't see this ad.

hi , pls tell me more about the sacramento courses.if u have a contacy email for the courses organisers pls let me have it.THANKS

Hi 1st molar,
will appreciate details about the wreb /rt exams.pls tell me about what to read and all i need to do for the exams.
u can mail me [email protected]
THANKS

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. Where did you take your exam? My result seems to be taking so long. I took it last May as well.
I just took the wreb in May and got my results (passing with an 86%) if anyone needs help or advice let me know I can try to answer questions

I also have my endo modu pro kit from Acadental, that new magnetic kind if anyone is interested in buying it (its missing two segments that had to get sumbitted for the WREB)

Any idea when the scores of the UoP June WREB will be mailed out? I heard the last exam result came out in 2 weeks. Good luck to all.

i am still looking for some references to study, but everyone i know said that big book blocks are not necessary for this exam. at the same time no body knows where to get notes from. i'v seen some people offering notes for 40 or 70 $ but these probably the same notes from Duggon and UCLA( which i am taking next month) courses. either way, i will be offering them free when i take the course to anybody in need.
back to the point,i am hoping some good people will post something here later on. in the mean time. to everyone read this please take few seconds and rate the thread because it is the only way we can keep this thread up in the list .
the rating is located in the top right. it take 2 seconds just click on rate your thread and make a selection.

Hi, really nice to know u are willing to offer ur duggan /ucla notes. i will be very grateful if u do consider offering the notes to me .
Thanks!!!!!!

Hello ,
I am taking my WREB in San Antanio. I would really appreciate if any one can let me know what type of questions they ask in the computer Pros and Perio sections.
Thanks for your help in advance

Hello All,
I am trying to know wha type of questions they ask in CSW . I would really appreciate if some one who took the exam post some useful information regarding CSW.
Thanks for your help

Hi everybody! I just wanted to share with all of u that I find out last saturday that I passed :Dthe wreb. I couldn't believe it because I got 2 pinks during the exam...I was already thinking about signing for the next one :scared:..Thank God I still got the points needed to pass!!!
Good luck to all of you still going through this journey....and don't give up!
Please if you have any questions pm me at [email protected]
:p

Perio part of CSW is just one case with all questions based on that one case. Read the candidate guide well for this section,the little bit about CSW in the back of the guide is incredibly useful. Prostho is a little tricky in my experience.Lot of questions on Complete denture,teeth arrangement,Rpd clasp design,not enough time to review your answers thoroughly. I have the modupro along with the fixing gel for sale. Let me know if anybody wants it. Hope this helps future test takers. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
:)i just wanted to know how did u prepare for california licence exam. thanks
Caution for people taking WREB
I want to advise people not to take WREB I think best to take cal board than WREB. I am disappointed with WREB. I passed cal board.
ADVANTAGES of WREB
1)No bridge cutting
2)Too much time to finish exams
3)Very good candidate guide
4)Examiners are nice (?????)
DISADVANTAGES OF WREB
1)It is hard to score more than 80% ( req.. For California licence )
I have not heard anybody scoring more than 85 the most.
2)High rejection of patients
3)Heavy penalty for every small thing ( modification denied, deficient margin)
4)Very little time for endo ( maximum failures)
5)Too many students with 1 xray machine- developer
6)Never succeed in appeal process
7)Computer based prostho is very hard sp. For foreign trained dentist
8)Always too crowded with many applicants
9)Loose your a lot money on cancellation
10)Long wait list – not sure if u will take exam
U NEED TO TAKE DECISION
BYE

Is there anybody interested in taking Dr. Gilbert`s for WREB in LA? Is it good or not? I would really appreciate it, if Anybody who took his course could write a review or opinion of his course. I am planning to take wreb in Dec, the earliest course I could find is in UCLA in Nov. I would like to take course ASAP. Any suggestion?
Thanks anyway. BTW, I would like to buy the material for Wreb. please PM me, if you are interested in selling.

Hi,
A friend of mine used this agency and he had some miscommunication problem with his patient , the patient wasn't aware of how long would he have to be in the exam and got pretty impatient. So if you do use this service , make sure you see the patient before and talk to him . There is another service called Lulau , I have heard that they are the most professional.Good luck

someone i know used this patient service also called as western dental consultants operated by Dr. Gilbert and I was told that this agency is a scam and that Dr. Gilbert is not even allowed anywhere near any dental school atleast in the los angeles area. none of the patients had qualifying lesions and there was no refund. do a seach on the forum and you will find a lot of negative review on this agency. also personally you do not learn anything in the 3 day training course as you only go through the wreb candidate guide which you can read at home as well.

hi all,
first is it true that we have to score 80% in wreb to apply for california license?
do we have to take that law and ethics exam even if we go through the wreb and not the clinical exam?
how do we get study materials for the law and ethics exam?
what is the wreb candidate guide that some people have mentioned?and where can we get it from?
is it true that for foreign graduates like myself , whether they take the wreb or the clinical exam we would only be allowed to practice in california?

thanks!

i have not found any eveidence that you need 80% on WREB to get a license in california .. was it an "older" rule ?? can someone please clarify this ?

Hi there,
i am giving wreb exams and was wondering if you have anything for the written exam. Anything would help.
thanks

i have heard that there are a pit different especially the exams had different topics. But this can be a good start for either exam. if you get to have both notes from Wreb and the clinical this could enhance your knowledge and secure passing in either one.
i am still waiting for these notes and i can't give my final word on them tell i read them all
i have a question too. anyone knows anything about the Ethic exam. is there any booklet to study from?

I will take WREB exam in june in UOP. any one taking the test at that time please contact me so we can help each other. I am also looking for reading material . I need help and suggestion to prepare for this test. I have dental licence in another state.
please contact me vie [email protected]:love::laugh:

i am still looking for some references to study, but everyone i know said that big book blocks are not necessary for this exam. at the same time no body knows where to get notes from. i'v seen some people offering notes for 40 or 70 $ but these probably the same notes from Duggon and UCLA( which i am taking next month) courses. either way, i will be offering them free when i take the course to anybody in need.
back to the point,i am hoping some good people will post something here later on. in the mean time. to everyone read this please take few seconds and rate the thread because it is the only way we can keep this thread up in the list .
the rating is located in the top right. it take 2 seconds just click on rate your thread and make a selection.

Hello,
Do u still hv prep notes for the exam?
Please lemme know...........thnx

How did you guys and gals study for perio and prosth CSW ? is dental decks good enough ?

How did you guys and gals study for perio and prosth CSW ? is dental decks good enough ?

Hi,
Perio part is based on one patient history (findings, diagnosis, treatment plan and prognosis - photograps, radiographs, perio charting etc). WREB candidate guide has examples. Read the candidate guide. Personally, reading treatment planning in dentistry by by Stephen J. Stefanac (Author), Samuel P. Nesbit (Author) helped.
Prosto is difficult to suggest - refer to candidate guide for topics that will be covered in the exam and go over the text books.
Search forum for wreb threads eg: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=387927

Good Luck

Has anyone been placed on the WREB wait list and actually gotten into the exam? I'm #1 on the list. Don't know what my chances actually are.

Lizzy,

Yes, one of my friends last year was wait-listed and did get to take his exam. I think he took it at USC.

Drneha,

Check out the WREB Board Busters book. That is what a lot of students at our school are using.