Wreb 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luc33

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I looked for a thread and it is no where around here. i can't believe it. the Exam is coming in few months.
please if you have and Question, helpful info, materials, concerns and wishes for the Wreb Exam, post it here.

Members don't see this ad.

I registered for two wreb exams after they put me in wait list. they said they are not sure if i get in any of them. so i am thinking of canceling both and go for the clinical. but i already registered for wreb course in UCLA.
this is very stressful.
my question, is it hard to flip from one to the other? is the difference too vast to be unable to jump around?
and if i take the clinical and fail is there any limitation on taking the wreb?( like the three attempt rule):scared:

I took it in AZ, used the magnetic mount. Make sure you call the school and check before hand what kind of mounting system they have and then purchase the modupro. I purchased it from Acadental directly. you can call them and they will ship you the kind you want.

Hi Adent. Where did you take your Wreb exam? What endo typodont did you use? And where did you purchase it?

Hello all,
Just found out that you can call the WREB office and they will tell you if you are in or not. I applied to June UoP and they told me I am in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello. Anybody knows what type of mount does UOP have in ther endo lab. I don't know which typodont to buy. I saw 2 types with different prices at aca dental. I don't know who to call at UOP to ask about this. Can anybody give me an advice?
You can obtain the ModuPRO Endo at www.acadental.com/wreb. Acadental has one magnetic endo model designed to fit virtually all WREB exam sites across the U.S. Check the Site Information to Candidates you receive from WREB upon enrolling.

hi, everybody
I heard that we can take the law and ethic exam before the clinical...
Does somebody have any info about this?? and how can we get ready for this exam?
some of my friends are taking it on feb the 18th .....
thank you

Thanks Adent.
I took it in AZ, used the magnetic mount. Make sure you call the school and check before hand what kind of mounting system they have and then purchase the modupro. I purchased it from Acadental directly. you can call them and they will ship you the kind you want.

Thanks smithone. I will purchase the acadental ModuPro. The woman from the Wreb said that's exactly what I need for UOP.
You can obtain the ModuPRO Endo at www.acadental.com/wreb. Acadental has one magnetic endo model designed to fit virtually all WREB exam sites across the U.S. Check the Site Information to Candidates you receive from WREB upon enrolling.

I just wanted to tell everybody that the board just posted new dates for the law and clinics test. You can check the webside.
If somebody has the questionary handy please pm me.
I also was wondering where can I get the wreb exam cds from? do I order them? or will I get them with the wreb package if I get accepted?
thanks
:idea:

Hi,
I am taking the Loma Linda WREB exam in March.
Could you please send me your e-mail id so we could discuss the details?
Thanks!

Hi Prosthoman10,

Would you please tell me what to study for the WREB written part.
What should I study except part II material?
thank you in advance
/Sara :)

did you have endo on manquin?
tell me every thing about the cal exam ?
how are the composite and the pfm preps??
does the material for part 2 help or should i read from bools .it is a long time since i passed part2
Caution for people taking WREB
I want to advise people not to take WREB I think best to take cal board than WREB. I am disappointed with WREB. I passed cal board.
ADVANTAGES of WREB
1)No bridge cutting
2)Too much time to finish exams
3)Very good candidate guide
4)Examiners are nice (?????)
DISADVANTAGES OF WREB
1)It is hard to score more than 80% ( req.. For California licence )
I have not heard anybody scoring more than 85 the most.
2)High rejection of patients
3)Heavy penalty for every small thing ( modification denied, deficient margin)
4)Very little time for endo ( maximum failures)
5)Too many students with 1 xray machine- developer
6)Never succeed in appeal process
7)Computer based prostho is very hard sp. For foreign trained dentist
8)Always too crowded with many applicants
9)Loose your a lot money on cancellation
10)Long wait list – not sure if u will take exam
U NEED TO TAKE DECISION
BYE

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread has been inactive for a while. Anybody know of good dental assistants in the Bay area for the WREB? Please pm me if you do. Thanks

the reason this thread un active is because who wants to fail? i think it is difficult to score 80% . hard to get all patient accepted. i think if u fail once u can not go back to cal board. wreb have even difficult remedidation requirements. i think it will be hard to appear more than than twice. only plus point u have is no bridge cutting. but do u score better in prostho compare to prostho of cal board? i do not think. then why to spend more money & get assurance of faliure.
time to think................
god luck may god show right path

Caution for people taking WREB
I want to advise people not to take WREB I think best to take cal board than WREB. I am disappointed with WREB. I passed cal board.

DISADVANTAGES OF WREB
1)It is hard to score more than 80% ( req.. For California licence )
I have not heard anybody scoring more than 85 the most.

are you sure about that!!!!!!!!

People who took the March WREB ,it would be great if you all could post your experiences here. It would help other test takers like myself. Good luck to all.

hi all,
first is it true that we have to score 80% in wreb to apply for california license?
do we have to take that law and ethics exam even if we go through the wreb and not the clinical exam?
how do we get study materials for the law and ethics exam?
what is the wreb candidate guide that some people have mentioned?and where can we get it from?
is it true that for foreign graduates like myself , whether they take the wreb or the clinical exam we would only be allowed to practice in california?

thanks!

hi all,
first is it true that we have to score 80% in wreb to apply for california license?
do we have to take that law and ethics exam even if we go through the wreb and not the clinical exam?
how do we get study materials for the law and ethics exam?
what is the wreb candidate guide that some people have mentioned?and where can we get it from?
is it true that for foreign graduates like myself , whether they take the wreb or the clinical exam we would only be allowed to practice in california?

thanks!

here is link for law and ethics
http://stores.studyingsmart.com/Detail.bok?no=31
for information about wreb
http://www.wreb.org/

hi ,
so when u apply to take the wreb, do u have to contact the cal board and have them send a letter to the wreb saying that we r eligible to take the exam? do we have to pay the board to do that? Is there a certain form to be sent?
thanks!

No we don't have to pay CA Board for a letter and there is no as such any form available for that just wright in your own formet.

reason why u should not take wreb vs cal board
i have mentioned many reasons but i will still add some more points
1) wreb has funny remediation policy. they want u to spend 40 hours of clinical remediation hours before u can appear for fourth time
while cal board has very simple 40 hours policy . it does not require clinical remediation. as u know it will be impossible for foregin trained dentist to get clinical ( on patient) exposure. so do not take WREB
with cal board u r sure to get license as they give 5 yrs to pass clinical exam.
it means about 15 times in 5 yrs. u need to be extremly bad to fail 15 times. i know somebody who passed at 12 th attempt. stil he /she coulld make it.
2) WREB is regional agency so it will pass information to all boards . this will create problem for u to move to another state. while calboard do not inform any state boards.
good luck to all

Hi! Where did you get this information about WREB prep course in San Francisco? I checked sites of UOP and UCSF and nothing there. Could you give us more info about it. Thank you.

no it is a course at sacramento please pm me if you need more infos
only 4 students are accepted for this course
:)

Hi all,

If anyone is interested in selling their study material & the Endo typodont please PM me. Thanks.

Also, can someone please fwd any patient finding service for Loma Linda. Thanks.

Loma Linda Wreb result will be out tomorrow .. So hold your breath ..Good luck to all Loma Linda exam students ..

hi,
has anybody received their results yet?
does anybody want to sell their study materials and other equipment for the wreb?

thanks!

hi evryone
i finished the bench exam dec 2005 and did not make my mined what to take california or wreb and which one is better , any one has any idea :confused:

Has anyone used the services of the following agency for patients:
http://www.patientfindingservices.com/

Price-wise it seems to be reasonable but I'm not sure about the service. It would be good to know from someone who has some experience from this agency. thanks.

Good Day All
i took the WREB at nova university on march 30. thanks God i didn't receive any pink slips. but in general it was a new experience for me. i never took a clinical exam before. but i think their requirement for caries is deep. they tell you it must pass the DEJ to qualify. on the x-rays it looks not bad. but when you start preping you'll see a huge cave. then you start asking for modifications. a lot of them. so be very selective about your patients.
- the other thing try to place the rubber dam on the patient's teeth at least one time before the exam/ otherwise you'll struggle if the pt has crowded teeth.
-when you get an assistant, ask: do you know how to place rubber dam.? my ass didn't know.
---AVOID TAKING ASSISTANTS FROM NOVA UNIVERSITY. THEY CHARGE $400 PER DAY. THEY ALL KNOW EACH OTHER AND THEY USE THE SITUATION AS A CHANCE TO GET MORE MONEY.
--GOOD LUCK ALL

Price-wise it seems to be reasonable but I'm not sure about the service. It would be good to know from someone who has some experience from this agency. thanks.

Hi,
A friend of mine used this agency and he had some miscommunication problem with his patient , the patient wasn't aware of how long would he have to be in the exam and got pretty impatient. So if you do use this service , make sure you see the patient before and talk to him . There is another service called Lulau , I have heard that they are the most professional.Good luck

Hi,
A friend of mine used this agency and he had some miscommunication problem with his patient , the patient wasn't aware of how long would he have to be in the exam and got pretty impatient. So if you do use this service , make sure you see the patient before and talk to him . There is another service called Lulau , I have heard that they are the most professional.Good luck

:hello:

It's been a long time since I loged in to the forum. Anyways, I wanted to share the good news that I passed the WREB. I still remember the day that I shared the good news with sdn - the day I received acceptance from UCLA

SDN ROCKS :bow:

My only advice for you guys taking the wreb is READ THE CANDIDATE GUIDE LIKE 100 TIMES AND DO EXACTLY LIKE THEY EXPECT.

And offcourse practice makes you perfect.

I had a wonderful experience with wreb and they are really nice and are there to help you out but that doesn't mean that they will bend the rules for you.

practice be confident and go for it GOODLUCK:biglove:

Congratulations Dentaldoc! I'm taking my exam this May. And I will take your advice to better prepare me for this exam. Thanks for bringing the good news. Goodluck!
:hello:
:clap:
It's been a long time since I loged in to the forum. Anyways, I wanted to share the good news that I passed the WREB. I still remember the day that I shared the good news with sdn - the day I received acceptance from UCLA

SDN ROCKS :bow:

My only advice for you guys taking the wreb is READ THE CANDIDATE GUIDE LIKE 100 TIMES AND DO EXACTLY LIKE THET EXPECT.

And offcourse practice makes you perfect.

I really had a wonderful experience with wreb and they are really nice and are there to help you out but that doesn't mean that they will bend the rules for you.

practice be confident and go for it GOODLUCK:biglove:

Anyone who has appealed & passed WREB kindly share your experience with me.Any help appreciated.

i took loma linda wreb exam it was a good experience please pm me if you guys need any help for this coming uop exam on june 1st
i passed my wreb

Hi
can we practice in Texas after wreb? or do we need to do postgraduation after wreb to practice?
san

san
have you done rt exam and then you want to practice in texas ,,then you cannot !!! after rt exam we can practice in california for 5 years then we can go to other state like texas or arizona or nevada which ever state has a reciprocity rule

Hi Bansu. Is the sacramento course filled already? When is this course offered? I would be interested in taking it.

I recenlty pass the WREB exam and I have many insturuments for RT & WREB exams for sale .(eg Manikin , Typodents , Amalgamator , Light cure etc )
I live in LA .
PM me if anyone needs to buy anything.

hi,
I just want to ask u about the wreb stuff as i alreday have the Rt things. so how much do u want for the endo typodont? is it the modu pro model?
do u have any other equipment that is specific for the wreb?
Thanks!

Bansu I am taking the WREB at Loma Linda this June. Are you a student there? If so, if you have any dental patients left from the boards or if you know students with potential board patients, please let me know. I am coming from Pennsylvania, and desperately looking for patients. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good Day All
i passed the WREB with 87.4 score ..i'm soooooo glad ...good luck all i shared my experience on page 2

Hi ,

For all those who have got their WREB scores. Do you guys know what is the average score for the CSW exam and also if you lose 3 points for a denied modification request how does it effect your passing score .

Any input is appreciated.

thanks