Wreb 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luc33

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I looked for a thread and it is no where around here. i can't believe it. the Exam is coming in few months.
please if you have and Question, helpful info, materials, concerns and wishes for the Wreb Exam, post it here.

Members don't see this ad.

I looked for a thread and it is no where around here. i can't believe it. the Exam is coming in few months.
please if you have and Question, helpful info, materials, concerns and wishes for the Wreb Exam, post it here.

Hi luc 33, how you been, please call me,lately I can't reach you!

Hi,

Has anyone received confirmation for the UCLA March exam? The application process is really very confusing.:confused:

I also noticed that the WREB thread started earlier was nowhere to be found!

AAD

Hi,

Has anyone received confirmation for the UCLA March exam? The application process is really very confusing.:confused:

I also noticed that the WREB thread started earlier was nowhere to be found!
Thanks Luc33 for starting the thread again.

AAD

Members don't see this ad :)
nothing so far, i think the wreb should send confirmation letters this week. will see. to keep

to keep this thread alive we have to keep posting stuff everyday so it moves up.

nothing so far, i think the wreb should send confirmation letters this week. will see. to keep

to keep this thread alive we have to keep posting stuff everyday so it moves up.

Hi every one ,
would you pls. tell me whos eligible to take this test ?
like is it taking just part 1 ,Or both 1&2,
Toefl test ?
what are the benefits for taking such exam.?

Your help is appreciated .
Thanks

I need information about WREB as well.:scared: If you get any info about WREB please please please shere with me

i am still looking for some references to study, but everyone i know said that big book blocks are not necessary for this exam. at the same time no body knows where to get notes from. i'v seen some people offering notes for 40 or 70 $ but these probably the same notes from Duggon and UCLA( which i am taking next month) courses. either way, i will be offering them free when i take the course to anybody in need.
back to the point,i am hoping some good people will post something here later on. in the mean time. to everyone read this please take few seconds and rate the thread because it is the only way we can keep this thread up in the list .
the rating is located in the top right. it take 2 seconds just click on rate your thread and make a selection.

hi,
has anybody received confirmation e-mails/mails for the upcoming wreb exams?

thank you 1st Molar for the link, but for some reason it doesn't open.

Hi Dushyant
answering your questions:go to this web stie
www.wreb.org
click on the dental candidate tab in the upper left side. it will have all the necessary info you need for this exam
wish you luck

i will be in UCLA exam still not sure because they didn't send me a confirmation letter yet.
Val5
don't worry, we will keep this going as long as people trying to help out.
just keep posting.
i think the best way to start is read the werb exam guide. so we know exactly what to look for.
UCLA course mention some books to study from them but they are very expensive books and too big to go through before the exam. i will list them anyway just in case someone would like to know what Dr Stevenson references are.
the art and science of operative dentistry by sturdevant
clinical periodontology by carranza
pathways to the pulp by cohen and burns
textbook of complete dentures by hartwell
removable partial denture design: outline syllabus by krol
the branemark implant system

if you buy them just try to get the latest editions if they are still in print
i find it very hard to even dive in these books.i guess i am a cognitive miser( try to find short cuts); well who dos't?

i am planning to extract my own teeth so i can have some natural teeth for this exam (just kidding)

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I gathered going through past threads related to WREB, Part 2 dental decks, and the candidate guide are the best places to review from.Personally I think the text books are so vast that it's difficult to study them in so short a period. I have Cal Board study material from Duggan and Stevenson and was wondering if it's the same as WREB review material. Can anyone shed light on this?

i have heard that there are a pit different especially the exams had different topics. But this can be a good start for either exam. if you get to have both notes from Wreb and the clinical this could enhance your knowledge and secure passing in either one.
i am still waiting for these notes and i can't give my final word on them tell i read them all
i have a question too. anyone knows anything about the Ethic exam. is there any booklet to study from?

I took WREB last year.
Reading the candidate guide thoroughly is very important. Answers most questions you may have about the exam.
From personal experience for CSW I read the text books -not each and every chapter but the most important ones.

From what I gathered going through past threads related to WREB, Part 2 dental decks, and the candidate guide are the best places to review from.Personally I think the text books are so vast that it's difficult to study them in so short a period. I have Cal Board study material from Duggan and Stevenson and was wondering if it's the same as WREB review material. Can anyone shed light on this?

Hi,

I just got an email from WREB stating that I am 8th on waitlist for the UCLA exam . I am thinking of withdrawing my application. I'll appreciate any advice from you all. Am I taking the right step?:confused:

Thanks.

i am not 100% sure but they mention something about fee 3 or 5 %. just make sure you don't lose 150 to 200 dollars.
it would be better to wait for a month or so before you withdraw. you would never know how this go.
you made me nervous too because i registered for this one too and still not sure if i am in or not. when did you apply?
good luck anyway

Hi,

I just got an email from WREB stating that I am 8th on waitlist for the UCLA exam . I am thinking of withdrawing my application. I'll appreciate any advice from you all. Am I taking the right step?:confused:

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks luc33. I applied online on 2nd Jan as soon as WREB started the online process.

Oh %$&*&^#%@
got the notorious email. the worst day ever. tried to call these people at the wreb and after many, many VM and Calls.......Nothing important.

the worst thing if you stay in this Wait list and you don't get selected they will refund you the money nothing more. by that time, all exams will be filled and keep waiting. or the other option is applying for multiple sites but you have to have enough money to throw 2000 on every submission. what the hell. i am thinking of applying to the clinical just in case these things go bad.

:scared:
Can't think of anything else now.

hii every one i got the confirmation for loma linda wreb exam
Thank god i got it !!!!
now to prepare for the exam
:)

hi any one got into loma linda wreb exam please PM me we can prepare for the exam better theory and clinical on the day we can keep back ups with each other patients
:)

When did you applied ? I applied 3 hrs after it opened up .

when did you here from them ? I'm still waiting .

I have applied to the June UoP exam online the evening it opened and sent the required documents which reached on 4th. I haven't heard from WREB apart from the fact that they have begun processing applications. Inspite of the large number of exams, I wonder if I was too late. Anyone receive confirmation for the same exam yet?

When did you applied ? I applied 3 hrs after it opened up .

when did you here from them ? I'm still waiting .

i applied about the same time ,,,she e mailed me that i got into loma linda wreb,,, I would suggest you to e mail her and ask her if you got into the exam most likely if they have not e mailed you the waiting list then you must have been selected,,i will attach her e mail in my next mail
B:)

i applied about the same time ,,,she e mailed me that i got into loma linda wreb,,, I would suggest you to e mail her and ask her if you got into the exam most likely if they have not e mailed you the waiting list then you must have been selected,,i will attach her e mail in my next mail
B:)

the e mail is [email protected]

cheers and good luck

back again.
after asking the wreb what to do after i was put in the wait list. they said to keep applying to different sites. DO THEY THINK WE ARE RICH BASTARD ALREADY?
my god. it is almost 2000$ for every time .
so i called the credit card company begged for an increase and applied again.

i was put in The USC wait list now. i feel so frustrated. after all this money; i am unable to find if this will get me in.
it is very hard to concentrate on studying and finding patients and teeth in conditions like that.

by the way i will try to move the thread to the DENTAL section so we can have more people viewing it.
it looks like people not very interested in this section.
hopefully it ll work
peace

Hello everyone. I'm a newcomer here in this forum but I've been browsing back and forth for a while now. It's amazing how you support and help each other in every way you can. I hope to be able to contribute something in the future. Pass it forward. :thumbup:

Hi,... If somebody interested in selling endo files and instruments
please pm me:D

anyone in the bay area taking the WREB exam or know of someone who has taken the exam. Please PM me

If anyone is looking for patients Lu Lau is a good agency she travels too. Contact her at www.lulaudentalprepserives.com.

The above link does not open. I googled "Lu Lau dental" and the web page opened. The contact number on the web page is (866) 886-3589.

hm1125 - have you used this agency?? Has anyone else used the services from this agency? Please let us know about any experiences.

i called this agency before. they are rip off. they are asking for 6500 just for getting the patients. they offer patients with a back ups and some other small stuff. i don't know if this number is the average charges but in any case i will never be able to afford this heavy price. if you ask to have an assistant the number will jump to 8000 and more if you need them to travel.

Caution for people taking WREB
I want to advise people not to take WREB I think best to take cal board than WREB. I am disappointed with WREB. I passed cal board.
ADVANTAGES of WREB
1)No bridge cutting
2)Too much time to finish exams
3)Very good candidate guide
4)Examiners are nice (?????)
DISADVANTAGES OF WREB
1)It is hard to score more than 80% ( req.. For California licence )
I have not heard anybody scoring more than 85 the most.
2)High rejection of patients
3)Heavy penalty for every small thing ( modification denied, deficient margin)
4)Very little time for endo ( maximum failures)
5)Too many students with 1 xray machine- developer
6)Never succeed in appeal process
7)Computer based prostho is very hard sp. For foreign trained dentist
8)Always too crowded with many applicants
9)Loose your a lot money on cancellation
10)Long wait list – not sure if u will take exam
U NEED TO TAKE DECISION
BYE

thank you license4all. that was good info. i am going through their wait list already. these info making me change my mind and cancel with them and register for the clinical.

my only question. is there 80% grade required for CA for real? no body mention this before. anyone has clear idea about this.

HELLO YOU ALL
Is It Too Late To Apply For Wreb ?
Also Do We Have To Have Ndbe I And II?

Hi Priya, I am planning to apply for WREB exams this time.. I have sent an mail to your yahoo id seeking some guidance in applying for the exam..Kindly reply.Thanks.--Asha.

dear sonia
do u know if we have to do ndbe I and II before we qualify for the exam
thanks in advance

yes u have to give both nbde part 1 and 2,and then apply to dental school for the international dentists program,which varies,in some school's its 2 yrs in some 3 yrs,and then if you want to practise in west coast give werb,or if u want to practise in california give cal board after going to school and for east coast u have to give nerb exam.. please just see www.ada.org and u will get ur answers...
also cal board is short for california board exam,its not some new exam or not some short cut exam.

Good Day All
anybody heared about Dr. Gilbert course in LA ? which courses you suggest for the WREB EXAM. please let me know?
many thanks and good luck all

Hello. Anybody knows what type of mount does UOP have in ther endo lab. I don't know which typodont to buy. I saw 2 types with different prices at aca dental. I don't know who to call at UOP to ask about this. Can anybody give me an advice?

Hi Adent. Where did you take your Wreb exam? What endo typodont did you use? And where did you purchase it?
I took WREB last year.
Reading the candidate guide thoroughly is very important. Answers most questions you may have about the exam.
From personal experience for CSW I read the text books -not each and every chapter but the most important ones.