Wound care doc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

APACHE3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Iv;e seen some job postings for IM or FM docs for wound care only to cover rehab clinics and nursing homes...salary?....150K! Can anybody expand on this? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

where I'm from we call them Hyperbaric docs! M-F 8-5, no call, very relaxed and cush. See alot of older people from nursing homes, very interesting job.

So, to do this hyperbaric specialty, you go straight from residency or is an end of the career position. Sounds too good to be true and for 3 years nobody on this forum even mentioned it...ha!

Members don't see this ad :)
APACHE3 said:
So, to do this hyperbaric specialty, you go straight from residency or is an end of the career position. Sounds too good to be true and for 3 years nobody on this forum even mentioned it...ha!
Well, the two docs I know that are doing it went to about 3 weeks of training, one in Houston, the other in North Carolina. One was a GP and one was a FP, both were burnt out on the hours and call in FP. They have both told me that they make about the same as they did when they had an office. The hyperbaric centers where I live are in the hospital, so they cover the cost, you just bill for seeing the patients. There are hyperbaric fellowships, and I think in the near future that will be the way to get the cert. Some residencies will let you do an elective in hyperbarics and get certified that way. I hope it stays away from fellowship a little longer, I would like to get my cert in it for a retirement gig.

Thats good advice for an elective. I'll make sure I get covered on that. Good luck.