Worth spending time on psych?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

draugusto

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sitting CK in a couple of months after recently having done step 1 a month ago

Randomly did 40 qs on psych without any reading since step 1 and got 75% correct.
Just seems like common sense and exactly the same material as step 1.

Any people who have finished with CK had a similar experience or am I just kiding myself?

Members don't see this ad.

Sitting CK in a couple of months after recently having done step 1 a month ago

Randomly did 40 qs on psych without any reading since step 1 and got 75% correct.
Just seems like common sense and exactly the same material as step 1.

Any people who have finished with CK had a similar experience or am I just kiding myself?

this question seems a little foolish to me, and more like a stealth brag.

You have months to study. Psych takes all of a DAY to go over and to do practice questions. Spend a day, see if you know it., and take it from there

Remember, it doesn't matter whether a question is super hard or super easy - they all count the same. Give psych the time it deserves. Don't blow it off, but don't spend a long time on it.

Is the section in FA for CK enough?

Basically, it is obvious that one needs more knowledge about IM,Paeds, Surgery and OBGYN as compared to step 1 but Psych seems to have already been covered compared to the aforementioned.

"Stealth brag"? Thanks for the psychoanalysis.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the section in FA for CK enough?

Basically, it is obvious that one needs more knowledge about IM,Paeds, Surgery and OBGYN as compared to step 1 but Psych seems to have already been covered compared to the aforementioned.

"Stealth brag"? Thanks for the psychoanalysis.

Eh, it depends what test you get. It's entirely random. I seemed to get a ton of OB/gyn on mine and not much psych. It's a gamble. Even still, step 2 is the stuff you should know. There were plenty of questions I didn't know the answer to. But every time I saw a question that I couldnt answer, I thought "I should know this".

In summary, you should know what you should know. They don't ask anything off the wall.