Worst/Best Experience of Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst: Calling the school to which I had applied early decision two days after they were supposed to have called me to inform me of my status (accepted, rejected, wait-listed) only to find out that I had been rejected.

Best: Being called by a committee member at my second choice informing me of my acceptance the moment he left the meeting.

Members don't see this ad.

Worst: Interview at a school that uses a mean interviewer/nice interviewer strategy.

Secondary fees. Bogus. We already paid AMCAS, why does it cost more?

Best: First acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Worst: Interview at a school that uses a mean interviewer/nice interviewer strategy.

Secondary fees. Bogus. We already paid AMCAS, why does it cost more?

Best: First acceptance.

Because first amcas steals our money not giving it to schools.

Then schools steal our money to fund interview days.

But yes fees suck as much as waiting does.

Worst: calling to ask if I still had a chance for an interview and getting lectured at by the dean of admissions over the phone on speaker about how the problem with medical school admissions is that there are "too many cars and not enough pavement" and that choosing applicants is like "Solomon splitting a baby," so I just needed to sit back and wait. Her various biblical references went over my head and the tears started coming after I hung up, because it was March already and I still hadn't been accepted to medical school.

Best: getting a call 2 hours later, informing me of my first acceptance, to a much better school. ha!

Worst The ridiculously long process..it starts in June with the AMCAS application and then dealing with all the secondaries, waiting for invites, interviews, acceptances and then the waitlist game...and at the same time having to listen and congratulate others with lesser stats, ECs etc get in and constantly wondering what you did wrong......It is the constant second guessing that definitely gets to you......

Best Not believing that after all the crap and no acceptances by March that I would ever get accepted and then getting accepted at 4 schools...to be honest not sure at this point knowing what I know if I'd do it again....:rolleyes::confused:

I am thrilled to be going to Med school but must still wonder at this point what happens if it turns out not to be what I think it is.... none of us can possibly know what it's like until we're immersed in our respective schools

Worst : 1. studying for the MCAT, and feeling good about your chances of doing well only to leave the exam room feeling like you bombed it.
2. Bombing an interview....

Best - the feeling of being accepted to your top choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.