Windsor University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wellwisher05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi !

I am a Canadian student, currently in second year at a reputable
university. Recently I came across this school in Carribean.

Heres a link to their site:
http://www.windsor.edu/new_site/mainpage.html

They claim that tuitions are only about $4000/semester and this
includes housing.

On top of that they accept high school graduates, provided
that they do an additional year.

They have a pre Md program, and an MD program, pre MD
being 2 semesters longer.

I am not sure which states it is accredited by and how
hard it will be to obtain residency afterwards.

Comments? Do you think its a good choice, if getting into
canadian medical schools look next to impossible to get into?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you look at the number of residents they have produced over the past 12 years and then make your decision. It's not accredited by all 50 states.

If you're Canadian and in 2nd year you still have a chance to bring your marks up and get into a Canadian med school. If not then try for American DO schools. If you can't get into both those places do a masters and reapply to the latter option. If it doesn't work out there then I would suggest going only to Saba, SGU, Ross or AUC. But considering the current situation right now with residency slots I wouldn't place my bets on the carib especially if you're considering applying for 2012.

Members don't see this ad :)
School seems to be a scam. My brother in law goes there and they advertise financial aid all the time but there is no financial aid. Any word on this place?

For one the premed program is not 2 semester but there 3 semester according to some people. They do the third semester after basic science- not sure how or why it is like that.

There seems to be quite a bit of misinformation in this thread.
Why don't you look at the number of residents they have produced over the past 12 years and then make your decision. It's not accredited by all 50 states.
Windsor grads can be licensed in every state except Kansas (until 2015, due to the 15-year policy) California and Indiana. The first class (of 8 students) was in 2000, so there have been 7 years of residents (6 when your message was written) not 12.
The school appears not to be legitimate.
School seems to be a scam.
There are US residents and licensed doctors from Windsor. The school is accredited by the St. Kitts-Nevis Accreditation Board and listed in the IMED, WHO, and Avicenna directories (the ECFMG uses IMED to determine USMLE eligibility) so to call it a scam doesn't really make sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Don't waste your time and money applying to Windsor. If you're going to go for Caribbean, I would try the more established med schools first: SGU, Ross, AUC, and Saba. They have a track record of getting graduates into residencies in the US at least, and they are approved in all 50 states. Even if Windsor is listed in IMED or FAIMER, its one of the lower-tier schools.

Windsor is accepted in 35 states with Texas being a case by case. I am currently a Windsor student residing in California but I can not practice here. The school is Legitimate and will take to the steps but ONLY you can pass it! may people party while attending windsor because the profs are easy going but if you are disciplined then you shouldn't have any problems! Those who post negatively about the school are the ones who failed and are blaming the school for their misfortune. Residancey is harder but not immpossible! If you finish your schooling and get a great score on step one then you are considered a foreign graduate of a caribbean medical school regardless of whether you come from Windsor, ross, saba, AUA, MUA, etc.... their all judged the same. It all depends on you as a person and how much time and effort are you willing to put into it not the school!!!

Hope this helps!

..Windsor grads can be licensed in every state except Kansas (until 2015, due to the 15-year policy) California and Indiana..

To my knowledge, not to be approved by California Medical Board means not to be approved by some other states as well which are following the criteria of CMB, and they include Idaho and Vermont as well as Texas and Indiana.. they say there are others as well which are following CMB criteria, but I dont know which ones they are.

I am also thinking about applying at Windsor university school of medicine. I am from Texas. I know Texas board has licensed one of their graduates but I am not sure if it was a one in a million success scenario. In other words, is it hard to get Texas license as a Windsor graduate?. Also is anyone on the HCP MD program?

I knew someone who attended Windsor... He fled after less than a year. When I spoke to him recently, he reminded me of the scene from the movie "Apocalypse Now" when Marlin Brando sponged the top of his head saying over and over again...the horror, the horror, the horror. Before you step foot into this school, get as much info as possible. Get opinions from students who are there now. Talk to advisors, doctors, or anyone who is familiar. What I have heard is not good.

Windsor was one of my choices between my current school AISM and AUA. I chose AISM because my sister is currently a clinical student here, they have a great clinical program in US and it is also affordable. My concern about Windsor was that i did not get enough facts about the school and everyone had varying opinions. I can't say much about it because i really don't know. Know your facts before choosing a school, get the stats, talk to students....

Members don't see this ad :)
lol with all the crapload of IMGs in the carribean who have yet to graduate, I wonder what they'll be doing in a few years when they have to pay back a massive amount of money but with a very low paying job?

OP, make your decisions wisely. If you arent good enough to get in anywhere but a low-tier /mid-tier carribean school, then you arent good enough to be a doctor. Very simple.

Windsor is not a scam, diploma mill or anything like that. The school has IMG's who have successfully completed Residencies. How many? I'm not sure. The number one complaint that I've heard is that their clinical sciences portion of the program is rather awful. Many students have been transferring out to complete their rotations and other medical schools due to the lack of organization.

As far as tuition goes, since you're Canadian you will be eligible for Canadian student loans which is a plus. There are other/better schools that also provide this.

Windsor is not a scam, diploma mill or anything like that. The school has IMG's who have successfully completed Residencies. How many? I'm not sure. The number one complaint that I've heard is that their clinical sciences portion of the program is rather awful. Many students have been transferring out to complete their rotations and other medical schools due to the lack of organization.

If the clinical sciences portion of the program is awful, and students are transferring out to complete rotations elsewhere, doesn't that suggest to you that Windsor is in fact a scam or diploma mill?

I see your point, but there are still people who completed the entire program and have had success. If it was diploma mill, there wouldn't be any Physicians anywhere because the degree would be worthless. The clinical situation simply means the program is not that efficient. It could be scam if they're advertising false promises though.

To my knowledge, not to be approved by California Medical Board means not to be approved by some other states as well which are following the criteria of CMB, and they include Idaho and Vermont as well as Texas and Indiana.. they say there are others as well which are following CMB criteria, but I dont know which ones they are.
You are right. However, Texas does not follow any other starts MB. It has its own

Karma is a funny thing. It will come and bite you in the butt eventually.
These fellows didn't put my student loan through twice in a row. I had to pay out of line of credit. Overall with their nonsense, their extra semester, their lack of organization and all that other nonsense. They cost me over $60,000. I complained to the government about my student loan, however, they said they didn't care. Basically, said it was my job to get it handled. Furthermore, when I complained to the police, they said that they since it was in another country they wouldn't do anything.
Screw the law, the government, and this school. Remember that if you go to a school like this you won't be able to go to anyone for help. Beware. They will use you as a stepping stone.

Last edited:
DO not go to Windsor please. Look at their website and their photos of the classrooms. They look like 3rd world shacks with a bunch of people who have really been had. You won't get a good education there and no one will take you for residency.

Its definitely not a good choice if you cannot get into a Canadian medical school.

This is how it works:

Canadian MD > US MD (except top tier) > Irish/US DO/Carib top 4/Australia.

Their website and brochures are filled with grammatical errors. Their match list is embarrassing. It doesn't list which graduating class it's for. They don't list specialties or exact hospitals, yet gives full names of students. It lists 'pass' under 'USMLE' for some students. That's not even remotely close to every other match list I've seen schools publish.

This school feels like the biggest scam of any questionable med school I've yet seen.

Well, you have all the facts with regards to what this school is about. It is your choice to decide what you will do next. If you are willing to take the financial risk and uncertain career future prospectives go ahead. But remember it is 5 years of your life (if you are lucky).

If you want to see something funny, just read the message below from the president and founder of Windsor. This stuff can't even be made up.

/www.windsor.edu/presidents-msg.html

"[Windsor University School of Medicine] is widely recognized as producing some of the finest and most sought after Physicians in the world"

- President of WUSM

When I applied for a job with my degree from Oxford Medical School, I was rejected, the interviewer told me they were only looking for Windsor University SOM grads. I was gutted, but determined, I applied the following year and redid my entire medical degree at the prestigious Windsor University School of Medicine.

These people have issues. The stuff on their website is made up.

I'm just surprised about the number of grammatical errors throughout the website. Well, scam or no scam, they have hundreds of students. The majority Indian and Canadian from what I know.

I'm just surprised about the number of grammatical errors throughout the website. Well, scam or no scam, they have hundreds of students. The majority Indian and Canadian from what I know.

And how many of those students actually graduate and match in the end?

And how many of those students actually graduate and match in the end?

Very few because most of the people who go there A. did not do their research before going B. were never meant to be doctors anyways. It just sucks they had to get 200k in debt to find out.

There are certain people in this world that are interested in one thing and one thing only: making $$$.

That, in and of itself, is not inherently wrong provided that the transaction involves the person providing the money actually gets something meaningful in return.

I invite anyone interested in this medical education program to do their own due diligence. This includes investigating thoroughly the president (and owner) of this program.

-Skip

They'll deplete your finances completely, plus, they'll play mind games with you.

They'll deplete your finances completely, plus, they'll play mind games with you.

You have to be more specific as unfortunately, a lot of Caribbean schools will do this including some of the big 4 at times.

This school is located in St. Kitts in the Caribbean. Here , the basic sciences are taught and after words American and Canadian students perform the clerkship in Carbondale , Illinois. The school is not accredited except by a small country of 50,000 people that has very poor medical system with no oncologists , or neuro surgeons on the island. This school was founded by Dr. Gaddam who was its first President but who did not complete a residency. It is a privately own scam school run by Indian Nationals. Now, it is run by an administrator named Ramesh Mulkanoor a well know scam artist. It is currently having low enrollment due to its bad reputation and questionable practices.

The school takes advantage of students due to its open admissions policy and if you apply you usually will get in. Now, due to its low enrollment, frequently they will accept students into their Medical Program, After, the student gets admitted there is a good chance they will change the student to the pre-med program to make them stay another year and hence, make more money. Now, once they get there the student will find out that the faculty cannot speak English well, and not a single faculty member in St. Kitts has passed the USMLE BOARDS ! The faculty is primarily Indian and Nigerian.

It gets worse, many courses have a fail rate of up to 90%, The average failure rate being 70%. This causes the student to have to take expensive retakes or repeat a semester generating more money for the school. Grades from the instructor are also not final and may be changed by the Administration. If this wasn’t bad enough exams are frequently sold for either sex or money. Some faculty are more than willing. This is usually, done by students from Nigeria. Now, when a student fails an exam they are not allowed to see the exam in most cases and if a special release is given by the dean of student affairs a student can see the exam for $100 dollars but cannot challenge any questions. Again this school is a money making racket. Student are also charge and forced to take the Beckers course for $1200 MORE than what it takes to take the Beckers review curse directly.

The school offers student housing, but, understand that Basseterre , and in lousy areas. Understand, St. Kitts is the murder Capital of the World every 2-3 years and in June 2015 , 3 Windsor females where Gang Raped. An additional two Windsor females were raped separately and 2 females from neighboring Ross where raped. Indeed, in June there was a murder in from of the University with the body left in the street. None of these crimes has been solved nor an arrest made. The students who come back to the United States are forced to go into student housing in Carbondale Illinois. The housing is dirty and cockroach infested, In June of 2015, a piece of the ceiling fell on a student from her living quarters and her arm was broken.

Worse of all the faculty are incompetent and arrogant without cause . Recall that none of them have passed the boards. I am not talking about USMLE 3 but USMLE 1 ! They faculty sit separately from the students at lunch and do not talk to the students of course unless you are willing to pay money or have sex for an exam with a third world predator. Let, me give some examples that i know to be true: Some of the comments are included. A Dr.Guri stated, to one mother who was in his office with her daughter to talk to him about retaking an exam she allegedly had failed but not been allowed to see. Dr. Guri stated, "maybe if you didn’t hadn’t given birth to a stupid child we wouldn’t be here. Now get the hell out of my office" They hired a new Dean named Cyrus Banan a person who introduces himself as a physician to the students and tells wonderful stories of his medical practice. Problem is HE NEVER WENT TO MEDICAL SCHOOL! This dean also assaulted a faculty member then fired the faculty member for reporting the assault! There is then the Dr. Chakovoty who said to his class, " your are a bunch of dumb animals and donkeys and I will fail you all" he subsequently did. Then comes the Dr. Vishal the associate Dean of clinical medicine, who has been fired from his two past jobs for sex with students and sexual assault. Don't worry his number at Windsor is only four women at this time. Now, maybe the term doctor is an overstatement for these cretins as they don't have and M.D. or D.O. degree but bachelors of medicine degrees from third world countries.

Now, if you are a faculty member, they will promise you a salary , terms of a contract but, because it is in St. Kitts and hence they will frequently break the contract. There have been reports of some staff not being paid for 3 months. They natives of St. Kitts are treated like dogs and animals, paid low salaries, forced to work in slave like conditions and fired if they complain. There was also an unusual death of a student who had complained a couple of years ago who lived at the Sugar Bay Resort, she turned up dead in a swimming pool that was 4 feet wide , after she complained about the school. It just so happened that the Head of Security for Windsor University School of Medicine was at the resort hotel miles away from where he lives at the scene when this occurred.

Currently, there is an investigation into Windsor University for Money Laundering and Visa fraud. More on this later in the U.S.. Indeed, there are stories of Passports being taken by the University so the student cannot leave the island until they pay their fees.

Indeed, the school’s reputation is so bad, that the residency placement of its graduates is only about 5-10%. This is not a knock on Caribbean Schools as my own physician is very good and went to a school in the Caribbean and is excellent. However, stay away from Windsor University School of Medicine.

Currently, there is an investigation into Windsor University for Money Laundering and Visa fraud. More on this later in the U.S.. Indeed, there are stories of Passports being taken by the University so the student cannot leave the island until they pay their fees.

This is the only reference to such an investigation of which I'm aware, and this was posted previously:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...medicine-produces-profits-few-doctors/1069719

Is there any update? Link?

-Skip

There are a handful of students that go on to get a residency in the US. However, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of others for whom Windsor "University" ... took them nowhere.

Hi !

I am a Canadian student, currently in second year at a reputable
university. Recently I came across this school in Carribean.

Heres a link to their site:
http://www.windsor.edu/new_site/mainpage.html

They claim that tuitions are only about $4000/semester and this
includes housing.

On top of that they accept high school graduates, provided
that they do an additional year.

They have a pre Md program, and an MD program, pre MD
being 2 semesters longer.

I am not sure which states it is accredited by and how
hard it will be to obtain residency afterwards.

Comments? Do you think its a good choice, if getting into
canadian medical schools look next to impossible to get into?

Thanks

This school is located in St. Kitts in the Caribbean. Here , the basic sciences are taught and after words American and Canadian students perform the clerkship in Carbondale , Illinois. The school is not accredited except by a small country of 50,000 people that has very poor medical system with no oncologists , or neuro surgeons on the island. This school was founded by Dr. Gaddam who was its first President but who did not complete a residency. It is a privately own scam school run by Indian Nationals. Now, it is run by an administrator named Ramesh Mulkanoor a well know scam artist. It is currently having low enrollment due to its bad reputation and questionable practices.

The school takes advantage of students due to its open admissions policy and if you apply you usually will get in. Now, due to its low enrollment, frequently they will accept students into their Medical Program, After, the student gets admitted there is a good chance they will change the student to the pre-med program to make them stay another year and hence, make more money. Now, once they get there the student will find out that the faculty cannot speak English well, and not a single faculty member in St. Kitts has passed the USMLE BOARDS ! The faculty is primarily Indian and Nigerian.

It gets worse, many courses have a fail rate of up to 90%, The average failure rate being 70%. This causes the student to have to take expensive retakes or repeat a semester generating more money for the school. Grades from the instructor are also not final and may be changed by the Administration. If this wasn’t bad enough exams are frequently sold for either sex or money. Some faculty are more than willing. This is usually, done by students from Nigeria. Now, when a student fails an exam they are not allowed to see the exam in most cases and if a special release is given by the dean of student affairs a student can see the exam for $100 dollars but cannot challenge any questions. Again this school is a money making racket. Student are also charge and forced to take the Beckers course for $1200 MORE than what it takes to take the Beckers review curse directly.

The school offers student housing, but, understand that Basseterre , and in lousy areas. Understand, St. Kitts is the murder Capital of the World every 2-3 years and in June 2015 , 3 Windsor females where Gang Raped. An additional two Windsor females were raped separately and 2 females from neighboring Ross where raped. Indeed, in June there was a murder in from of the University with the body left in the street. None of these crimes has been solved nor an arrest made. The students who come back to the United States are forced to go into student housing in Carbondale Illinois. The housing is dirty and cockroach infested, In June of 2015, a piece of the ceiling fell on a student from her living quarters and her arm was broken.

Worse of all the faculty are incompetent and arrogant without cause . Recall that none of them have passed the boards. I am not talking about USMLE 3 but USMLE 1 ! They faculty sit separately from the students at lunch and do not talk to the students of course unless you are willing to pay money or have sex for an exam with a third world predator. Let, me give some examples that i know to be true: Some of the comments are included. A Dr.Guri stated, to one mother who was in his office with her daughter to talk to him about retaking an exam she allegedly had failed but not been allowed to see. Dr. Guri stated, "maybe if you didn’t hadn’t given birth to a stupid child we wouldn’t be here. Now get the hell out of my office" They hired a new Dean named Cyrus Banan a person who introduces himself as a physician to the students and tells wonderful stories of his medical practice. Problem is HE NEVER WENT TO MEDICAL SCHOOL! This dean also assaulted a faculty member then fired the faculty member for reporting the assault! There is then the Dr. Chakovoty who said to his class, " your are a bunch of dumb animals and donkeys and I will fail you all" he subsequently did. Then comes the Dr. Vishal the associate Dean of clinical medicine, who has been fired from his two past jobs for sex with students and sexual assault. Don't worry his number at Windsor is only four women at this time. Now, maybe the term doctor is an overstatement for these cretins as they don't have and M.D. or D.O. degree but bachelors of medicine degrees from third world countries.

Now, if you are a faculty member, they will promise you a salary , terms of a contract but, because it is in St. Kitts and hence they will frequently break the contract. There have been reports of some staff not being paid for 3 months. They natives of St. Kitts are treated like dogs and animals, paid low salaries, forced to work in slave like conditions and fired if they complain. There was also an unusual death of a student who had complained a couple of years ago who lived at the Sugar Bay Resort, she turned up dead in a swimming pool that was 4 feet wide , after she complained about the school. It just so happened that the Head of Security for Windsor University School of Medicine was at the resort hotel miles away from where he lives at the scene when this occurred.

Indeed, the school’s reputation is so bad, that the residency placement of its graduates is only about 5-10%. This is not a knock on Caribbean Schools as my own physician is very good and went to a school in the Caribbean and is excellent. However, stay away from Windsor University School of Medicine.

Windsor University Fired a Pharmacology Professor Dr. Joseph Anne DeSoto in July/2015 for bad behavior and criminal activity and falsifying reports.

Windsor University Fired a Pharmacology Professor in July/2015 for bad behavior and criminal activity and falsifying reports. Dr. Joseph Anne DeSoto –former pharmacology professor at Windsor University School of Medicine. He was fired after a only SIX weeks for inappropriate conduct with female students and faculty. Some of his accomplishments during his month and a half at Windsor include:

-Sharing tales from his time practicing as a physician (never did a residency. false claim on his part).
-Making false promises to female students and co-workers.

-Continuously bad mouth every single colleague and promote false information and promoting erroneous information. (While telling students to be “professional” and only speak good of coworkers).
-Claiming *self indicated* bruises were from a physical altercation with the Dean and also associate dean of Research Dr. Guri Tzivion at Windsor. Security footage in fact revealed no fight between the professor and the Deans, men who are about one third the size of Dr. Joseph DeSoto.
- Joseph Desoto was caught lying to both the University and Local Police. He was Deported from the Island of St Kitts for falsifying information and claims.

-Faculty Senate decided to recommnded to let go of Dr Jospeh Desoto for mutiple gross misconducts of University Rules and Regulations, including a harrasment of female cowrorker and Falsifying information and reports.

With all the free time this disgruntled professor now has due to his unemployment, he pens poorly written articles bashing Windsor–making sure to attach his name and false credentials to every piece of fiction, feeding his giant ego.

I suggest you air your dirty laundry elsewhere. It makes no one look good by doing it here, despite what you may think. All you have done is illuminated a controversy.

In other words, not only did most people already not care but now you've possibly drawn attention to another reason for people to strongly consider avoiding this school (i.e., whatever you might have intended, it has backfired).

-Skip

I suggest you air your dirty laundry elsewhere. It makes no one look good by doing it here, despite what you may think. All you have done is illuminated a controversy.

In other words, not only did most people already not care but now you've possibly drawn attention to another reason for people to strongly consider avoiding this school (i.e., whatever you might have intended, it has backfired).

-Skip

This is NEW Information, please read carefully these important facts.

Public Media Disaster and No, CAAM-HP Accreditation for this School

As a Former student that went to this school for four semesters before transferring the hell to another better school, I can tell you that Windsor University Board Chair Dr. Vidya S. Kora (an indian Physician with a very Bad reputation and low ratings from his patients from Michigan City, IN) and His Co-Chair Mrs. Vinomani Ghaddam (a rich woman plundering and laundering our medical student money in Off shore banks and residing in an expensive 3 million dollars mansion in Beverly Hills CA) and Administrator Ramesh Mulkanoor(another con artist of the bunch from St Kitts with known money laundering activities and several other internationalscams in of shore banks).

-They have had to deal with Turbulent issues including lack of Accreditation and denial of Accreditation by CAAM-HP this past 2 to 3 years as well as student unrest.

-They had hired several people fast to address this, but in their zeal to hire a bad apple slipped through, namely a Pharmacology teacher named Dr. JosephAnneDEsoto (from West Virgina USA) with known psychological and criminal issues on his record.

-They failed to check this guys background creating a public media disaster for the school as well as for other faculty including Deans, and Us students.

-They also got rid of their long time Dean and provost Dr RichardMargoles, who could not deliver on the accreditation from CAAM-HP.

-Future does not look bright for these Con-artist guys.

- CAAM-HP has so far denied them Accreditation with numerous NEGATIVE CITATIONs on the record that any one of us who has attended Windsor as medical student can tell you.

Last edited:
This is NEW Information, not dirt Laundry. So stop pre judging, before you read carefully these important facts.

I completely 100% stand by what I already said. And, I seriously question your assertion that these are "important facts".

I don't know exactly what you are hoping to accomplish here, but I can assure you that you're not doing it.

-Skip

Reactions: 1 users
You seem too defensive and stuck up in your own thoughts to objectively look at New information that my be important for new medical students who may be considering Windsor; these would be important facts that they should not overlook. If a School has no accreditation then you ditch them per se.
So Stop "red flagging" my posts as if you are the self installed guardian here.
I am merely attempting to be a good citizen informing others, not necessarily you, of facts. This information is for Students, not old goats (trolling this forums for 10 years) who have no business assessing its importance. Let the community decide. You are only one person. There are hundreds of others, many new, who may find this information very useful in the run up to decide which school they go to. I went to this school for four semesters and I just wanted to share thoughts here.

I completely 100% stand by what I already said. And, I seriously question your assertion that these are "important facts".

I don't know exactly what you are hoping to accomplish here, but I can assure you that you're not doing it.

-Skip

You seem too defensive and stuck up in your own thoughts to objectively look at New information that my be important for new medical students who may be considering Windsor; these would be important facts that they should not overlook. If a School has no accreditation then you ditch them per se.
So Stop "red flagging" my posts as if you are the self installed guardian here.
I am merely attempting to be a good citizen informing others, not necessarily you, of facts. This information is for Students, not old goats (trolling this forums for 10 years) who have no business assessing its importance. Let the community decide. You are only one person. There are hundreds of others, many new, who may find this information very useful in the run up to decide which school they go to. I went to this school for four semesters and I just wanted to share thoughts here.

I think what would also help is stating your story about those 2 years you spent in Windsor. It I believe will help people understand what is bad about the school. The most telling stories are usually from the students more so than what is reported on the news. SkipJunior was another student who long ago graduated from Windsor and told his story about passing all his classes and boards, but still could not match into a residency.