Ross School of medicine from Home

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMAS2

Reaction score
Is it possible to take the med classes from home (US) since these classes are online (from what I hear)? Then come to the Island for test and for required in-person classes?

Just curious to know.

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to the forums. I would ask people in the International Medicine forum about this. We have some who are attending/have attended Caribbean programs who might tell you how well this works.

Welcome to the forums. I would ask people in the International Medicine forum about this. We have some who are attending/have attended Caribbean programs who might tell you how well this works.
Ok thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Surprised no one has responded further. As far as I know classes at Ross and most other Caribbean schools are NOT on line. Unless I'm mistaken (please correct if I've got it wrong) to be eligible for federal student loans, a school must not offer distance education. I believe for any Caribbean or international.school that is eligible for federal student loans, attendance on the island is mandatory. Again, Ross students or others, please correct if I'm wrong.

Reactions: 3 users
Surprised no one has responded further. As far as I know classes at Ross and most other Caribbean schools are NOT on line. Unless I'm mistaken (please correct if I've got it wrong) to be eligible for federal student loans, a school must not offer distance education. I believe for any Caribbean or international.school that is eligible for federal student loans, attendance on the island is mandatory. Again, Ross students or others, please correct if I'm wrong.
Ok, thanks.

Regardless of being able to watch recordings of the lectures, there are many other mandatory in-person activities on a weekly basis that require your presence at the school.

Reactions: 3 users
Lecture attendance isn't mandatory. But there are required activities where you need to be on campus about 1-2 times a week

Reactions: 1 users
Regardless of being able to watch recordings of the lectures, there are many other mandatory in-person activities on a weekly basis that require your presence at the school.
Ok, thanks. I’m connected to students there now who are helping me understand Ross better.