William's OB and TeLinde Gyn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pruritis_ani

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody selling either or both of these books cheap? I am just looking for cheap copies now if you have them and want to get them out of your house. Otherwise, I will just wait til residency starts, and hope my program or some drug rep buys them for me... :)

Send me a PM if you have them to unload...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just bought two textbooks, "William's OB" and "Comprehensive Gynecology", and started to read. I also have some surgical books and small books. I am an IMG and quite sure I would match this year. I have done step 3 so that I guess this is a good time to read them. However, they are big books and easy got tired while reading. ;)

If you or anyone doing the same thing and want to discuss, please send me PM or email me.

I also would appreciate any suggestions on the best way to read these textbooks. :)

Best wishes to everyone!

William has a q&a book that goes a long with it. I use a PQRST method
preview (look at big headings only), Q make up questions you have after reading the titles. R review the pages S summarize each subtitle you read in your own words the T test yourself (study guide).

Before you buy texts get a surgery atlas and review anatomy it's take you longer to get the gist of this. Also see if the school you'll be entering has texts on line. For example Indian Univ has Williams on line. While NEUCOM affilitated hosptals have Gabbe.

Study guides get the precis study guides. Prologs are just question books which I didn't think helped much in terms of CREOGS ( in service yearly exam)

CREOG uses Speroff (REI), William/Gabbe (OB), Drogenmuller (Gyn), Hoskins (Onc), Also Cecils (IM)

Members don't see this ad :)
Diane L. Evans said:
William has a q&a book that goes a long with it. I use a PQRST method
preview (look at big headings only), Q make up questions you have after reading the titles. R review the pages S summarize each subtitle you read in your own words the T test yourself (study guide).

Before you buy texts get a surgery atlas and review anatomy it's take you longer to get the gist of this. Also see if the school you'll be entering has texts on line. For example Indian Univ has Williams on line. While NEUCOM affilitated hosptals have Gabbe.

Study guides get the precis study guides. Prologs are just question books which I didn't think helped much in terms of CREOGS ( in service yearly exam)

CREOG uses Speroff (REI), William/Gabbe (OB), Drogenmuller (Gyn), Hoskins (Onc), Also Cecils (IM)

Do you think Hoskins is better than Creasman for Onc? I had always been told that the "practical" (purple) Creasman book was a good Onc overview.

Actually Disai has a study guide with its book that I thought was pretty good. Also the House Officer Series makes a good pocket book on Gyn Onc I'll try and get the ISBN

Diane L. Evans said:
Actually Disai has a study guide with its book that I thought was pretty good. Also the House Officer Series makes a good pocket book on Gyn Onc I'll try and get the ISBN

The pocket one is pretty good for quick reference, I used it for my AI last fall. Its not very in depth, but is good for floor management. The smaller green one (from Anderson & Slone) is really good too, but more to the studying side than floor management.

Diane L. Evans said:

Thanks a lot for the advice, Diane. I have been trying to do it in this way. It is really time consuming.

What do you think the difference between Practical Gynecologic Oncology and Clinical Gynecologic Oncology? Some programs ask the residents to read both. I know about that there is a q-book for Clinical one by Disaia, what other difference?

Also what are the "house officer series" you mentioned about?

Thank you for replying! :)

I'll get back to you on the handbook I'm on call..
A great suggestion get a PDA and get the 5min clinic consult (has icd-9), the drug programs Lexidrug, Wash manual for OB/Gyn is also pda avail
go to www.skyscape.com you can also download tons of programs for free 30 day trial.