Will Trump win again???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it is a rare non-issue that FOX NEWS covers one side of and CNN/MSNBC cover the other side way too much. Definitely does not deserve coverage. All need awake A-lines, TEE and PAC btw,

What are the numbers, though? You said it was “not so rare” in progressive states like California. So, how “not so rare” is it?

When you take a person home from the bar for some adult fun in California, is it like a 50/50 shot you know the actual sex of the person before you get home?

What are the hemodynamic issues associated with penis creation that would require a TEE and PAC?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How common is it? What are the numbers? I do not live in California, so I don’t know. I’ve practiced at multiple hospitals on the east coast and have never even seen a “gender reassignment” scheduled nor have I met any surgeons who do it. Is it a big case? Chance for blood loss? Would I need to put in an awake a-line?

I’m sorry, I cannot stand the constant transgender talk...from anyone. It’s annoying because it is a rare, non-issue. It certainly does not deserve the coverage it gets.

Trained in the northeast, we did probably 5-8 mastectomies a week for teens transitioning to male. Didn't do anything beyond that for "gender reassignment" though. Now in practice in the south, I see these same mastectomies maybe once or twice a month (at a similarly sized hospital to where I trained).

Trained in the northeast, we did probably 5-8 mastectomies a week for teens transitioning to male. Didn't do anything beyond that for "gender reassignment" though. Now in practice in the south, I see these same mastectomies maybe once or twice a month (at a similarly sized hospital to where I trained).

Does that qualify it as a “Center of Excellence” for sex change surgery?

Reactions: 1 user
I can't believe the republican party has embraced an imbecile traitor as their hero. I straight up left the GOP after the last election and will never vote for a Trump supporter as long as I live. Had to submit my resignation to the reserves as well cause I don't want to go to war based on the whim of a narcissistic douche nozzle.

I can't believe the republican party has embraced an imbecile traitor as their hero. I straight up left the GOP after the last election and will never vote for a Trump supporter as long as I live. Had to submit my resignation to the reserves as well cause I don't want to go to war based on the whim of a narcissistic douche nozzle.

Who were you hoping to win in the GOP nomination few years ago?

Ha. Trump is more anti-war than almost all Rs and Ds (though Gabbard is also pretty good). And in what way(s) is he a traitor?

Watching the democratic debates and can't help but thinking: this is working great so far for Donald!
Regardless of one's political persuasion, is it good for the country to have 4 more years of Trump?

No.
RBG has to retire soon.
He would have had way too much impact on the courts and in another 4 years leave them totally unbalanced.

What part of his policy is liberal? The blatant racism, dismantling consumer protection, rolling back environmental protections?

Thanks for the softball! Yes, racism is part of the liberal policy! Or at least the Democratic Party for many, many years.

Not sure about the consumer protections unless you are talking about big government and overregulation. Usually, I am for “less is more” when it comes to government. To be transparent, I am for protecting people by police, military and themselves.

Did a quick internet search.....Found article titles like "Why do Republicans hate consumers?", "The GOP's absurd crusade against consumers", Trump is backing off consumer protections to delight of corporations", and "Why do Republicans hate CFPB so much". It is going to take much longer for me to become more educated on this topic. I will have to do a lot of reading to make sure I am not getting propaganda from either side. But with most of the MSM reporting this, I can see where you are likely coming from. The tone of these titles scream for me to be cautious when digesting what they say.

Environmental protections have already been discussed in this thread. Short version: let's get facts and somewhat agree on what they mean and not what we want them to mean. Then get the whole world on board. Put our effort where it makes the most difference. If certain people are right about environment, then I have this analogy: how does pumping water out of a cabin on the sinking titanic help? Doesn't mean we shouldn't help. Just do what has the most impact.

Parts of his policy that are liberal: immigration, infrastructure development, reducing sentences on convictions, anti-war, economic mobility.

I don't like the guy or many of the things he does. I do think he wants America to be better. I do have less doubts about his true motivations than I do about other politicians. I will wait to see how the economy does before I decide how to vote when he is up for re-election.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve practiced at multiple hospitals on the east coast and have never even seen a “gender reassignment” scheduled nor have I met any surgeons who do it. Is it a big case? Chance for blood loss? Would I need to put in an awake a-line?

Healthy young people, simple mastectomies, a little bit of plastic work on the nipples.

Haven't done below the belt operations, I'd imagine similar patient pool but probably more blood-loss.

Regarding the politics of it, I think generally people who aren't suffering from gender dysmorphia feel sorry for those who do. The political fight is regarding how much it should be "normalized", and the sides are divided, but I think most Democrats and Independents don't want it to be encouraged for their own children/grandchildren. There's a super extreme faction on the left that wants to introduce transgenderism to toddlers, and the stories/photos of drag queen storytime at children's libraries only help to reelect Trump.

Nobody would have thought ten years ago that this would even be a mainstream political issue, but here we are in 2019, and the political landscape has become hyper polarized, but not to the far right actually. Trump's major policies are surprisingly moderate, but the move to the left makes people on the left feel more and more that Trump is extreme far right.

The Democrat party has taken the position of:
Free healthcare for illegal immigrants

How is this an electable policy position?

Reactions: 1 users

Trump has done more to protect and advance the interests of Americans than any president in recent memory.

And Trump is doing the opposite of going to war, he has actively backed away from armed conflict whereas pro-war presidents like Obama would have been more than happy to start (Libya).

The Democrat party has taken the position of:
Free healthcare for illegal immigrants

How is this an electable policy position?

Which democratic candidate is calling for free health care for illegal immigrants?
Unless you consider providing basic humane care for imprisoned children of immigrants "free health care for illegal immigrants".
In reality though, you as a physician should probably feel a bit embarrassed when you say that humans should be denied health care based on national origin in the 21st century, in the united states.
Just my humble opinion.

Which democratic candidate is calling for free health care for illegal immigrants?
Unless you consider providing basic humane care for imprisoned children of immigrants "free health care for illegal immigrants".
In reality though, you as a physician should probably feel a bit embarrassed when you say that humans should be denied health care based on national origin in the 21st century, in the united states.
Just my humble opinion.
Really?

• Haha
Just my humble opinion.

America is a free country, if they want healthcare they can have it. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, would say it should be illegal for illegal immigrants to get healthcare.

I don't know where you get the idea that people think illegal immigrants should be forbidden from receiving healthcare.

America is a free country, if they want healthcare they can have it. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, would say it should be illegal for illegal immigrants to get healthcare.

I don't know where you get the idea that people think illegal immigrants should be forbidden from receiving healthcare.
If you can't afford health care you should still be able to get health care regardless of your national origin, that's how it works in all the advanced countries in the 21st century.
Advocating that patients who can't afford health care should not get health care is something that just doesn't sound right coming from a physician.
But again that's a personal opinion.

Reactions: 4 users
If you can't afford health care you should still be able to get health care regardless of your national origin, that's how it works in all the advanced countries in the 21st century.
Advocating that patients who can't afford health care should not get health care is something that just doesn't sound right coming from a physician.
Except its not:

Whoa, really?? I'm ditching my health insurance then flying to all the other advanced 21st century countries, and I'm gonna cut me a slice of that free healthcare they promise anyone and everyone!!

Gee, that might explain why "all the advanced countries" are running into major fiscal crises.

They should get healthcare - in their own countries. Nobody forced them to come here illegally.

Reactions: 2 users
This thread is answered quit simply: 1) Black men 2) "undecided" white females. That will decide the presidency. Every other demographic is pretty much entrenched but if black males turn out like they did for Obama and the undecided white female who may have voted Republican in 2016 swings back the other way given the new Women's movement, the Donald could face a tough election. Of course there's some nuance, but that will be the election in simplest terms. This is especially so in the states Obama won and Hilary lost. The black male turnout was low and many independent women voted for Trump (mostly because they didn't like Hilary).

What I'm really waiting to see is if Trump will have a Republican challenger. That will make it interesting but I'm not sure it's going to happen.

This thread is answered quit simply: 1) Black men 2) "undecided" white females. That will decide the presidency. Every other demographic is pretty much entrenched but if black males turn out like they did for Obama and the undecided white female who may have voted Republican in 2016 swings back the other way given the new Women's movement, the Donald could face a tough election. Of course there's some nuance, but that will be the election in simplest terms. This is especially so in the states Obama won and Hilary lost. The black male turnout was low and many independent women voted for Trump (mostly because they didn't like Hilary).

What I'm really waiting to see is if Trump will have a Republican challenger. That will make it interesting but I'm not sure it's going to happen.

I think it's insulting to suggest undecided women are so enamored with unrestricted abortion (the main theme of the "women's movement) that they'll be swayed to vote for a Democrat this time around.

The fact is that women voted for Trump in huge numbers because of his economic message and his stance on preserving the lives of the unborn.

The women who love abortion were never going to vote for Trump anyway.

Hate him or love him, Trump tries to stay true to his campaign promises more than any other president in recent history.

While the Democrats are universally promising taxpayer funded healthcare for illegal immigrants, open borders, higher taxes, more regulation, Trump is taking his time crafting a new campaign platform for 2020 that will appeal to a larger portion of the population.

Regarding the African American demographic, do you think that by and large they would rather have a handout via reparations (like the Democrats are so fiercely promoting), or would they rather have a booming economy and a job so they can provide for themselves and their families? Obama's welfare platform was seen as free stuff for everyone, and it seemed to work for him. Will voters be duped a second time around?

Dude... Julian Castro just called (to loud applause) for the "right to choose" for a "trans woman." And Vermont is changing its Medicaid rules so "transgender" children - children - will have access to "gender-affirming" surgeries.

Left-wing sexual politics isn't merely anti-science; it's medical malpractice.
Right to choose what? What toilet to frequent?

Right to choose what? What toilet to frequent?
A trans woman is a biological male.

The idea that a biological male is capable of becoming pregnant and thus would need an abortion is laughably insane.

We all understand why he said that he did. If he suggested transwomen couldn't get pregnant, his Democrat nomination chances would evaporate. The party has moved to being anti science.

Reactions: 3 users
Keep digging.
He’s not digging. He’s speaking the truth. The truth that apparently we aren’t allowed to talk about.
Give us a break. The reality of the situation in government and people who are in power in general in this country is what he said.
Thanks @2Fast2Des for keeping it REAL.

He’s not digging. He’s speaking the truth. The truth that apparently we aren’t allowed to talk about.
Give us a break. The reality of the situation in government and people who are in power in general in this country is what he said.
Thanks @2Fast2Des for keeping it REAL.

Dude. Come on. If you want to know which subjects can't be discussed, look at what gets people kicked off Twitter or fired from their jobs.

Dude. Come on. If you want to know which subjects can't be discussed, look at what gets people kicked off Twitter or fired from their jobs.
So what has he said that could get him kicked off Twitter? Or fired? Rich old White Men don’t represent him?
Not on Twitter, never sent a tweet in my life so don’t really pay attention to that social media ruckus.

And what the hell is so wrong with reparations anyway? I think Black folk in this country need something to help balance the tables considered they were “freed” with nothing in their pockets, no education, no lands, no housing except their slave quarters.

Reparations need to be accompanied with some kind of educational programs, job training or something but black folk would not be where they are in this country socioeconomically were it not for slavery. And it’s aftermath Jim Crow bull****.

And neither would most of the “rich white old men” either. Yes, I said it.

Last edited:
So what has he said that could get him kicked off Twitter? Or fired? Rich old White Men don’t represent him?
Not on Twitter, never sent a tweet in my life so don’t really pay attention to that social media ruckus.

Try talking that way about non-white groups and see what happens to your job.

And what the hell is so wrong with reparations anyway? I think Black folk in this country need something to help balance the tables considered they were “freed” with nothing in their pockets, no education, no lands, no housing except their slave quarters.

Reparations need to be accompanied with some kind of educational programs, job training or something but black folk would not be where they are in this country socioeconomically were it not for slavery.

And neither would most of the “rich white old men” either. Yes, so said it.

Lots of things wrong with your post, but to start: who's going to pay the bill? And whom will they pay?

I admire the Democrats for having the cajones to advocate for a direct payment from first/second/third generation immigrants to 8th generation descendents of slaves.

I'm looking forward to receiving reparations from descendents of Democrat voters of FDR for their role in delaying action in Europe, resulting in the murdering my European ancestors in the Holocaust.

I think it's insulting to suggest undecided women are so enamored with unrestricted abortion (the main theme of the "women's movement) that they'll be swayed to vote for a Democrat this time around.

The fact is that women voted for Trump in huge numbers because of his economic message and his stance on preserving the lives of the unborn.

The women who love abortion were never going to vote for Trump anyway.

Nobody loves abortion. I’ll tell you what women don’t love and that is a government telling them what they can and can’t do with their body.

As physician, you should be very concerned about the language in some of the recently passed legislation in states like Alabama.

Also, philosophically speaking, I don’t understand the exceptions that some anti-abortion people make for rape and incest. Does the manner in which a fetus was conceived make it any less of a human to you?

Reactions: 6 users
Think what you will about what’s right or wrong. However, if the Dem nominee continues to advocate for reparations and free healthcare for illegals (among other Wacky things) Trump will win 100% guaranteed. It won’t even be close.

I'm looking forward to receiving reparations from descendents of Democrat voters of FDR for their role in delaying action in Europe, resulting in the murdering my European ancestors in the Holocaust.

I don’t support reparations, but you even have to admit that’s a pretty bad reason not to support them. Weren’t you the one saying an immigrant’s own country should be responsible for them for things like healthcare? Plus, if I’m not mistaken, I believe Germany did pay some sort of reparations for both WW2 and the Holocaust (though I don’t claim to be an expert on that).

Also, philosophically speaking, I don’t understand the exceptions that some anti-abortion people make for rape and incest. Does the manner in which a fetus was conceived make it any less of a human to you?

Republicans know an immediate, total ban on all abortion is untenable, so they leave the "rape and incest" clause in there so they can pay some lip service to being reasonable. Who could oppose such a reasonable compromise? But of course the end goal is a total ban.

Just like Democrats know they can't ban and confiscate all guns in one fell swoop. They pay lip service to being reasonable as they talk about how magazine capacity restrictions don't affect hunters, or how no "sportsman" needs a shoulder-thingy-that-goes-up. Who could oppose such reasonable compromises? But of course the end goal is a total ban.

Keep a clear view of where your opponents are going. However illogical and self-contradictory steps along the way might be, the toes always point at the real goal.

Reactions: 4 users
Nobody loves abortion. I’ll tell you what women don’t love and that is a government telling them what they can and can’t do with their body.

As physician, you should be very concerned about the language in some of the recently passed legislation in states like Alabama.

You're right, which is why I personally don't think it's relevant, it's still killing an unborn child.

Some women use it as a form of birth control. 3, 4, 5, or more abortions. I've seen it many times in my own medical practice over 10 years. I'm just one person.

Your point might have made sense in the 1990s, but have you been paying attention? Wanting abortion to be rare?

Have you seen the rationalization of abortion proponents these days? They now say abortion allows women to spend more time at work and to be more productive.

It's a means for women to advance their career.

For the vast majority of the country, this attitude is why they think Trump is right on abortion. The DNC is way out of step with everyone else.

I don’t support reparations, but you even have to admit that’s a pretty bad reason not to support them. Weren’t you the one saying an immigrant’s own country should be responsible for them for things like healthcare? Plus, if I’m not mistaken, I believe Germany did pay some sort of reparations for both WW2 and the Holocaust (though I don’t claim to be an expert on that).

I was being facetious. How could a reasonable person blame someone else for the sins of their ancestors? How could I expect others to pay me?

Reparations need to be accompanied with some kind of educational programs, job training or something but black folk would not be where they are in this country socioeconomically were it not for slavery. And it’s aftermath Jim Crow bull****.

And neither would most of the “rich white old men” either. Yes, I said it.
Do you really think reparations would help??? I tend to think it would make things worse. Just like other handouts. I am more for empowering them and other poor people that really want to move up. I think taking control over your life as much as you can and go from there would be the most helpful.

Is it just a cliche or is a hand up really better than a handout?

I would guess there is many people on here that came from nothing in one generation and have made it. I did. I would even say any person coming from nothing and joining the military will have “made it”.

You're right, which is why I personally don't think it's relevant, it's still killing an unborn child.

Some women use it as a form of birth control. 3, 4, 5, or more abortions. I've seen it many times in my own medical practice over 10 years. I'm just one person.

Your point might have made sense in the 1990s, but have you been paying attention? Wanting abortion to be rare?

Have you seen the rationalization of abortion proponents these days? They now say abortion allows women to spend more time at work and to be more productive.

It's a means for women to advance their career.

For the vast majority of the country, this attitude is why they think Trump is right on abortion. The DNC is way out of step with everyone else.

It doesn’t matter what anyone’s rationalization for it is. It is none of your or the government’s business. It’s a conversation between a physician and a patient.

I’m not going to get dragged into an abortion talk.

I was being facetious. How could a reasonable person blame someone else for the sins of their ancestors? How could I expect others to pay me?

The problem is that your being facetious actually supported the argument for reparations. Germany paid them. Slavery was just as atrocious of a crime against humanity as the Holocaust. There are reasonable economic arguments for reparations. I just think it would be a terrible idea for our country at the present moment.

Slavery was just as atrocious of a crime against humanity as the Holocaust. There are reasonable economic arguments for reparations. I just think it would be a terrible idea for our country at the present moment.

Until Western societies abolished it, slavery was practiced by virtually every tribe/ethnic group on the planet. Sure, it'd be better if it had never happened here, but history moves on.

Do you really think reparations would help??? I tend to think it would make things worse. Just like other handouts. I am more for empowering them and other poor people that really want to move up. I think taking control over your life as much as you can and go from there would be the most helpful.

Ah the ol’ “bootstrap” argument.

Unfortunately it doesn’t take into account the significance of generational wealth in creating opportunity for subsequent generations. Nor does it take into account things like Reconstruction, sharecropping, and zoning laws designed to prevent blacks from buying real estate in more desirable areas. Even after slavery ended, blacks were systematically denied opportunity to build wealth for later generations...up until not that long ago. We are still seeing those effects today.

Reparations would be terribly divisive for our country, but it’s not a wacko idea that doesn’t have some merit.

It doesn’t matter what anyone’s rationalization for it is. It is none of your or the government’s business. It’s a conversation between a physician and a patient.

I’m not going to get dragged into an abortion talk.

The problem is that your being facetious actually supported the argument for reparations. Germany paid them. Slavery was just as atrocious of a crime against humanity as the Holocaust. There are reasonable economic arguments for reparations. I just think it would be a terrible idea for our country at the present moment.
I think you are correct in that, at the present time, it may be a bad idea, given the climate, and this is coming from a black man. Opponents to even the thought of reparations automatically present it as being a check in the mail that all black folks will get and an immediate increase to their tax dollars. There are numerous creatives ways that a form a reparation can be presented, but quite honestly, that's only if people accept that what their ancestors did was a horrible thing and many prospered well off it. Something very simple and easy to start with could be, say, "African Americans can got to state-universities with tuition paid". That's just me spit balling. Of course, it will make the "Well I'm paying my kid's tuition" crowd angry but again, people have to accept a wrong was committed and quite honestly hasn't really been forgiven much or even corrected. I personally wouldn't want a "check in the mail" whereas a level playing field would pay much more dividends. If we have to get into a discussion of whether the playing field is level or not, then this will be a long thread.

Until Western societies abolished it, slavery was practiced by virtually every tribe/ethnic group on the planet. Sure, it'd be better if it had never happened here, but history moves on.
And there it is.....the rationalization

Ah the ol’ “bootstrap” argument.

Unfortunately it doesn’t take into account the significance of generational wealth in creating opportunity for subsequent generations. Nor does it take into account things like Reconstruction, sharecropping, and zoning laws designed to prevent blacks from buying real estate in more desirable areas. Even after slavery ended, blacks were systematically denied opportunity to build wealth for later generations...up until not that long ago. We are still seeing those effects today.

Reparations would be terribly divisive for our country, but it’s not a wacko idea that doesn’t have some merit.
This right here.

The Holocaust was pretty terrible, right? Do we just shrug off the horrors of slavery? Slavery wasn’t just a bunch of people picking cotton for free. There was torture, rape, murders. For someone so concerned about the unborn fetus, you seem to shrug off slavery as “ah, it happens.”

Slavery was abolished over a hundred years ago. I was not around, you weren't around. There is zero basis for making people today pay/receive something that they were not directly affected by.

The fact that Democrat candidates are openly advocating for reparations shows how little clue they have about how they appear to the general voter.

"Vote for us so we can take away your money and give a handout to a specific voter block."

"Vote for us so we can take other people's money and give it to you."

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.