Will there be PT Jobs in 2025?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmcjose

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This question is mostly directed towards PTs who are currently working, but anyone is free to reply, and it is much appreciated!

I was curious to know if you think there will be PT jobs for NEW PT GRADS in the year 2025 (specifically in SoCal), or will the job market be saturated by then?

Any input/opinion is greatly appreciated! Thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad.

None of us has a crystal ball. Anything can happen in 9 years. New laws can be passed, the economy can implode, undergraduate students will lose interest in PT. I tend to be an optimist. The Baby Boomers are going to need and want a lot of physical therapy in the next 10-15 years as they retire, so I don't see a drop in demand. I think the situation will be the same in 2025. Some markets (SoCal, Pittsburgh, Charlotte) will be oversaturated, which will drive down salaries, while medium-size cities and rural areas will pay a premium for PT's.

There will always be PT jobs since there will always be sick injured people.

I was curious to know if you think there will be PT jobs for NEW PT GRADS in the year 2025

I'd bet there will be. Particularly if you are interested in working with old people and sick people.

Reactions: 1 user