The APTA’s state of PT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldmanDPT69420

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Embarrassing how stagnated wages are. I make below the median for my region. Vision 2020 was a stunning success!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the OP have his membership revoked for posting the Reddit link? I know you need an APTA membership to access the report but fortunately it's been posted around the internet. This is a very important topic that should be discussed without censorship.

Did the OP have his membership revoked for posting the Reddit link?
No, OP manged to break TOS three other times in their first dozen posts! They persisted after being warned.
Those posts were removed. This was not one of the posts that resulted in removal. Now that you mention it, I need to look into whether this is a copyright violation.

Do you have a source for this paper that is not behind a paywall (other than reddit!)?
This is all I could find and you are right; it's a membership benefit. Report | A Physical Therapy Profile: Wages for the Profession, 2021-22

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Embarrassing how stagnated wages are. I make below the median for my region. Vision 2020 was a stunning success!

Former PT and current MD. See attached CMS payment to physicians graph for past 20 years and join the club. Granted physicians have started at a much higher baseline and in certain fields, these cuts have been off-set by increased volume but the underlying theme stands. Hospital compensation has gone up as they have the lobby which is the bottom line.

I am not on top of current PT compensation but for frame of reference I worked in Anaheim, CA early 2000's as an employed out-pt PT and made about 45-50K with fairly lousy benefits. Market was dismal at the time so hopefully things have perked up.

Attachments

• CMS.png
    CMS.png
    745.3 KB · Views: 44