Why is Kent State's most recent pass rate so much higher than before?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3rdMetatarsal

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The most recent published stat online is 81% pass rate for part 1 APMLE 2015-2017 with a 79% graduation rate. I saw somewhere on this form that 2019 pass rate is a 92%. What caused this huge spike? Are more people being held back in order to raise the stat or is the curriculum actually improving? I like the Kent area but the low graduation rate scares me.

Members don't see this ad.

They have changed a lot. No, they aren’t holding back a ton of extra people but I think they are being more strict with failure appeals. The curriculum is getting better yes. But I think the most important thing is for the past 2 years the upperclassmen have implemented a real summer study program focused toward passing boards. It helped me immensely and I wouldn’t have passed without it. In my opinion that’s why the past 2 years at Kent have seen 90%+ pass rates

Reactions: 1 users
The 2019 class is filled with a lot of great students & people willing to work hard! The school didn't change anything academically until the 2020 class. The Kent staff did a very good job with candidate selections & I know bc I'm part of the class.