why is it so tough to get a hold of a recruiter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

duke2121

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I want to apply for the HPSP (class of 2017 hopeful!). Why is it so tough to get a hold of recruiters. I've emailed the guy and left voicemails. Nothing. Are they waiting till I at least have some interviews lined up? I took the DAT already.

Members don't see this ad.

If you haven't already met with a recruiter in person, then I would do that first unless for some reason you can't, which I imagine will be quite inconvenient throughout the whole process should you decide to go through with it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also trying to be a part of the Class of 2017 and am having a hard time getting in touch with a recruiter. I visited my local army and navy recruiters last week and in both circumstances neither I had even heard of the HPSP (the navy didn't know anything about the HSCP as well). The army recruiter was eventually able to find a pamphlet about the program and told me to come back when I had a statement of acceptance. I was able to get a phone number from the navy recruiter for someone who knows about the programs but I have yet to hear back from them after about a week or so.

I am in the Tidewater region of Virginia (zip 23430), could anyone point me in the direction of the closest Navy or Army medical recruiter?

I'm also trying to be a part of the Class of 2017 and am having a hard time getting in touch with a recruiter. I visited my local army and navy recruiters last week and in both circumstances neither I had even heard of the HPSP (the navy didn't know anything about the HSCP as well). The army recruiter was eventually able to find a pamphlet about the program and told me to come back when I had a statement of acceptance. I was able to get a phone number from the navy recruiter for someone who knows about the programs but I have yet to hear back from them after about a week or so.

I am in the Tidewater region of Virginia (zip 23430), could anyone point me in the direction of the closest Navy or Army medical recruiter?
The problem is you're most likely speaking to regular recruiters, rather than officer programs/health care professions recruiters, which are unique offices.

Navy (officer recruiting), give them a call first:

411 E Franklin St # 101
Richmond, VA 23219
(804) 771-2001

Army (medical, officer recruiting), call as well:

13203 NORTH ENON CHURCH RD., SUITE B-127, RIVERS BEND EAST OTC
CHESTER, VA 23836
804-530-8546

Best of luck.

Zeppelin3,
Whiile the address and phone number are the closest to your home for the Army, I suggest that you at least contact:

MRS CHARLESTON
300 SUMMERS STREET SUITE 460, CHARLESTON, WV
Charleston, WV 25301
304-344-0513

The HPSP office deals almost exclusively with them for anyone going to school south of DC and North of the Carolina's.

I will do that USArmyHPSP, thanks for the heads up.