Was told to find a new recruiter (hpsp)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justgraves

Reaction score
So I have been applying for both the navy and army hpsp at the same time. I've had an appointment for meps for the navy that the army just canceled for whatever reason. The navy recruiter thought that was "scummy" and told me to either stop talking to the army or find a new recruiter.

She called his major about this and she's still working with me. However, I want to apply for both and I feel like it's unfair to force me to choose like that. My state has no other recruiter for this so can I use a recruiter from a different state? Who do I even call about this?

Members don't see this ad.

As you probably already know at this point, if you process through MEPS with the Navy, and want to also apply through the Army, the Navy will have to transfer over your medical jacket to the army at which point they will be notified. Hopefully someone here has some relevant military experience and can explain how to proceed properly without infuriating the Navy recruiter and having them potentially not continue working on your application. Maybe your packet can be transferred over to another recruiter.

For my personal opinion, let Navy recruiter hear what she wants to hear. Let her know that you gave up army hpsp. White lies are not bad. But still, continue with army application. And do not mention about the Navy application to army
As of my understanding, if you completed MEPS medical, the army just has to request medical documents through MEPS. MEPS is the one that transfers the medical documents and all branches use the same medical forms. Also i think the army appointment is canceled because you already have an appointment with MEPS. In the point of MEPS, you are scheduled twice for the same reasons. Hope it makes sense.

Members don't see this ad :)
Um, you're making the Navy recruiter the bad guy in a situation where the Army recruiter cancelled the Navy MEPS without notice?
Haha, right. I’m not sure why the Navy recruiter is in question here. Sounds like she is being nothing but helpful. Just have her re schedule the MEPS. And tell the army recruiter to please not interfere with the other branches proceedings. If this continues to be a problem you may have to look for an army recruiter in a different vicinity. But I doubt your army recruiter will want to let you go. And I have no clue who you call.

Um, you're making the Navy recruiter the bad guy in a situation where the Army recruiter cancelled the Navy MEPS without notice?
I'm not making anyone a bad guy. I agree it was scummy what the army recruiter did, but my ability to apply to both branches shouldn't have to be jeopardized just because it pissed off my Navy recruiter. I see plenty of people on this site who are able to apply to both branches with 0 issues.

I've since talked to my navy recruiter and she said she has no issue with me applying to the Army as well but she wants me to pick a different Army recruiter if I'm going to.