Why does one testicle hangs lower than the other?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drivesmecraazee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi...:)
I have a few more question related to the title of the thread:
1- The testicle that hangs lower than the other is always the same?
2- Which one is it?

P.D: I had serious douts about which title I could give to this thread, since uro attendings, residents and aspiring students all have a very good sense of humour, and urology is very appropiate for jokes...I was thinking about writing "Testilces Question" in the title, but even I started laughin...:laugh:

Your answers will be very apreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the difference in position and size are due to the differential venous drainage of the two. the right one has its gondal vein draining straight into the aorta. the left one i think is more prone to venous congestion due to its gondal vein draining into the renal vein. go figure.

Your answer sounds pretty logical, and it's exactly what I heard, that's why I asked it, because I wanted to hear it from people with more experience and knowledge than me or the other MSII, who gavce me the answer. I just didn't mention the reason becuase I was afraid I might be wrong and didn't want to sound like a MSII talking out of my a**.
Anyways, thank you very much for your answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think rhino meant IVC instead of aorta;)

Hi...:)
I have a few more question related to the title of the thread:
1- The testicle that hangs lower than the other is always the same?
2- Which one is it?

P.D: I had serious douts about which title I could give to this thread, since uro attendings, residents and aspiring students all have a very good sense of humour, and urology is very appropiate for jokes...I was thinking about writing "Testilces Question" in the title, but even I started laughin...:laugh:

Your answers will be very apreciated.

It hangs lower so THIS won't happen. <-- that is a horrible toy invented by women as a stress reliever. :)

I do make a lot of noise when I walk, I guess.

Why? Because you touch yourself at night.

You should see the pile of dead kittens you left.

oh whoops - yes i meant IVC
they're pretty much the same right