Who's buying back into the stock market, Bitcoin, etc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What's to stop someone from buying a bunch of oil, store it in an old tanker truck and selling it later?
Logistics and profitability. I mean, that’s basically what the US is doing with the strategic petroleum reserve but on an individual investor basis it would be difficult to say the least. Suppose you could transport it. A standard barrel of oil is 42 gallons according to Google. One of those oil tank train cars stores about 30,000 gallons or 700 barrels. So if you could buy it for $0 a barrel (without delving into how you would actually get it) and then hold on to it for ?? Months or years, and then further assuming prices go back up in a reasonable time to, say, $50 a barrel, your gross take would only be about $35,000 per train car.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What's to stop someone from buying a bunch of oil, store it in an old tanker truck and selling it later?

If you could've gotten to Midland with your tanker yesterday, they would've paid you $30/barrel to take it off their hands!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still dumping over 1/2 my monthly paycheck into the stock market every month. I hope you're right hyperalgesia!

keep doing it. but make sure your financial guy isnt playing roulette with it. index funds only

Hey, drusso.I think that it's time to invest in cryptocurrency, especially in bitcoin because it's one of the most reliable currencies nowadays. If you want to start, I advise you to read Mastering Bitcoin. Also, you can try using special sites which will hide your personal data when you will be making transactions anonymously. Personally, I'm using this bitcoin mixer, it's simple to use and if you will have some problems, you will be able to find a solution anyway. I've never had any problems with this site so you can try using it.

Last edited:
buy high sell low? it's a bear market rally, aka dead cat bounce, markets don't have to make sense but I'm struggling with this - 6mil unemployment claims, markets go +5% in a day... ok then..
that being said, buying stocks of unregulated monopolies (amazon, google, apple) is never a bad idea even in this environment

Don’t forget the 30 something percent contraction of the economy last quarter! Time for an all time high in stocks it seems!