Boston buying Relievant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pmrmd

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn’t know if it was going to be them or Medtronic.

Congrats Boston.

Members don't see this ad.

somebody is getting a huge payout with their stock options vesting....

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you think the implications of this will be? I’ve never done Vertiflex or others and seen what changes typically occur after these type of acquisitions

Hopefully more resources for insurance lobbying and studies, price negotiation with RFA, SCS bundles

That’s interesting, I assumed they lost a ton of money when they bought Vertiflex and the CPT code collapsed

I would think they definitely lost money on Vertiflex. I think the investors in Vertiflex didn’t make anything either compared to investing the same amount of money in index funds for 10 years.

I did Relievant training in 2018 I think, not long after Boston acquired them. Maulik Nanavaty told me that they were looking at Relievant back then.

Reactions: 1 users
I would think they definitely lost money on Vertiflex. I think the investors in Vertiflex didn’t make anything either compared to investing the same amount of money in index funds for 10 years.

I did Relievant training in 2018 I think, not long after Boston acquired them. Maulik Nanavaty told me that they were looking at Relievant back then.

Literally said the same. The whole Vertiflex thing kind of flopped.

Boston rep in our area makes over 1 million. They have plenty of money to burn.

Reactions: 1 user
that type of salary for a rep is exactly what is wrong with medicine.
Actually it's the incentive based payment models that drives these reps to get their devices into patient bodies. If it was a straight salary we wouldn't have all these unnecessary stim placements

I have seen the financially driven reps corrupt the gullible doctors

Reactions: 1 users