whos applying for 2013 critical care medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
silence for the past week for me. I interviewed today and one guy had heard from OHSU (got an interview)

Another had said that stanford filled internally.

Both hearsay, but figured I would start some kind of gossip.

Members don't see this ad.

got interview from upmc and orlando health! finally...though still kind of quiet

Members don't see this ad :)
Got 2 IV so far (MSKCC, Mt. sinai) and 1 rejection from WU.
is this the end of the season? or i can expect more response from other programs.
this silence is killing me.

yeah just heard from albert einstein this am as well.

Same here, got the call from montefiore this morning

baystate interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too. First rejection this season, I think they fill mostly internally from what I have been told they have an EM/IM/CC pathway.

Hey guys does the new nrmp ruling against prematches for residency apply to cc fellowship positions too , any idea whether mayo specifically takes any positions into the match

I have no idea. In CAF I implied not to participate in match, this will ruin my chance, I guess, if this applies.

I have no idea. In CAF I implied not to participate in match, this will ruin my chance, I guess, if this applies.

CCM does NOT participate in the nrmp match. So any match rules don't apply.

cooper interview today

Yes. Oct sounds right. Was at U Pitt yesterday. PD said he will start extending offers mid Oct. Ofcourse the paper application programs are already full. I had got 3 offers before June (all paper Programs).

Interview from U of New Mexico and Brown

brown interview via snail mail.

stanford interview this am

Hi guys congrats on the interviews. I heard a rumor that Hahnemann's/Drexel's program is on probation. Anyone know this for sure?

Also has anyone heard from the Brooklyn programs (SUNY and Methodist)? I take it this late in the game = reject.

Has anyone interviewed in Mount Sinai, NY recently? Are they full or still have some positions left?

Was at Sinai in June I don't know if that's considered recent. I had applied there via paper application although they certainly accept applications via ERAS as well. PD told me half of their spot would go via ERAS and half by paper application. They had 2 paper spots left when I interviewed. BTW I did not like the program. Felt not enough hands on experience. Also based primarily in SICU. Train you in puttin PICC lines and dialysis. 9/10 places you would have a war with nephrology and radiology if you started doing those things. I just did not see it's utility. Though if Manhatan is your thing, go for it.

Was at Sinai in June I don't know if that's considered recent. I had applied there via paper application although they certainly accept applications via ERAS as well. PD told me half of their spot would go via ERAS and half by paper application. They had 2 paper spots left when I interviewed. BTW I did not like the program. Felt not enough hands on experience. Also based primarily in SICU. Train you in puttin PICC lines and dialysis. 9/10 places you would have a war with nephrology and radiology if you started doing those things. I just did not see it's utility. Though if Manhatan is your thing, go for it.

Mrishi, I don't understand. So the paper application started before July 2012? How many programs out there with paper applications? I could only find the ones listed in ERAS that says they're not participating in ERAS. I guess for Mt Sinai they didn't say anything about the paper spots. Are there Critical Care programs that take paper applications, but not listed on ERAS?

Some Programs accept applications both via ERAS and paper. Examples are Sinai NY, Montefiore, MSK etc. Others like SLU, Geisinger, Dartmouth and Wake accept paper applications only. All these program are on freida website however only paper progrs are not on ERAS. These Programs for the most part have filled all their spots before ERAS even opened. I think Programs do this if they are very large Programs like Montefiore or if they have trouble finding good candidates. Some Programs like SLU do it because " that's how we have always done it". 2 Programs are not on ERAS or Freida but are accepting applications for the first time this year. Wash U in St louis and ECU in NC. Again paper Programs.

Wow, I didn't know this at all. So there are many more programs out there that take paper applications only, and not listed on ERAS. How do we know how many programs out there? Even google doesn't give me all the names of the programs. Shouldn't they be on ERAS?

For the most part, All Programs are in the AMA Freida website. The caveat being that some Programs onthat website that say that they participate in ERAS may also accept paper application before ERAS opens. Ofcourse things may be different next year as more and more Programs move towards electronic application.

Hey guys, I'm headed to wash u in June for ccm (anesthesia based). Anyone else headed there as well?
Good luck on your applications !

Hey guys, I'm headed to wash u in June for ccm (anesthesia based). Anyone else headed there as well?
Good luck on your applications !

Best of luck and Congrats. That's an excellent program. Interviewed there for the medicine based program 2 wks ago. Please remember to cancel rest of your interviews to help those who are yet to secure a spot.

Last edited:
Mrishi, Thanks for the info

Best of luck and Congrats. That's an excellent program. Interviewed there for the medicine based program 2 wks ago. Please remember to cancel rest of your interviews to help those who are yet to secure a spot.

Thanks, no problem already did it. Let me know if you end up there!

It seems this season is gone!
Good luck to all of you and the ones unmatched, please don't give up!

Decided to join the Mayo Critical Care program in Rochester.

Best wishes for all still looking for a spot.

I interviewed at UPMC, loved it there and would have gone if family was closer. Arguably the best pure critical care program in country, with unparalleled opportunities for research.

Did they offer you? Thanks!

Have not heard from them since my interview. Wonder if they have extended their offers already. So anxious!!