Who sang KARAOKE with me at PCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AntGod22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well I interviewed at PCOM on thursday the 6th of March and I had a great day let me tell you about!!

First off the place is awesome !!!!

OK the interview portion was funny, I was asked about why my grades were poor my first two years and how did I go about bringing them up. so I talked about my lack of caring and then how I learned how to study and manage my time better. Then I brought up the fact that I was extremely pround of my MCAT score because I worked so hard for it. Then I talked a bit more about my study skills and that It helped me tremendously in school and again on my second MCAT time.

Then my interviewer said you took the MCATS twice ????

I was like yeah once in april and then in august.

Interviewer - What did you score in august ??

ME - A 26

Interviwer - What was the breakdown ?

Me- 8,8,10

ME - So this whole time you thought I was proud of my 20 MCAT score in april ?

Interviewer -"laughing " yeah I was like what was this guy talking about, he did so well in bringing up his grades then he is so proud of just a 20.

Me- lol, Well im glad thats fixed, no wonder you guys didnt interview me earlier, you thought I just had a 20 on the MCAT

So interview went well and I loved the school and the facilities.

Then the karaoke began.
My tour went into the radiology class room and the professor who seemed really cool was asking this girl a question about a cyst or a tumor. The girl couldnt decide so the professor turns around and looks at me and says " whats your name son?" I go anthony. He says " Anthony do you know what a cyst is ?"
I go not really sir. He then asks me to go up into the front of the room and help out the girl deciding. So he hands me a microphone to speak into to and then starts to ask me questions about the X-ray being shown , after all is said and done he then tells me thank you , but then adds " I think we should have "Anthony sing us a song" to the class. Then the friggin music starts playing in the room. A friggin disco ball is spinning around in the middle room and to my left is a giant TV with karaoke words being shown. I was like oh my god !!!!!!!
The girl then told me that this guy always makes people do this and to have my fellow tour people come sing with me. So I asked if my fellow interviewers could come help. ANd so we sang CELEBRATION for about 3 minutes in front of the radiology class.

Pretty amazing, was wondering if anyone from that tour is on SDN?

Members don't see this ad.

That was Dr. Meals. Wait until you start next year! First semester you'll have Radiology once a week.

He puts your picture up on the large screen in Ginsburg auditorium. You then have to go in front of the whole class (approx. 250 people) and answer a few questions. Then.....you have to sing or dance.

You'll love his class. You really learn something, but at the same time, during one of the most stressfull times in your life (you know the whole adjusting to Med School thing), you'll find time to laugh in Radiology once a week.

PCOM is great. Any questions let me know what I could do.

Chisel
PCOM 2006

Yeah I really liked the school, I think its probably the best school I have visited so far, Let me ask you a question. Where do you live and what type of rent do you pay?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like you had an amazing interview day. ;) I interviewed at PCOM in December and I enjoyed it as much as you did. My group also went to the radiology class and we had a similar experience. They made us all say our names and where we were from and then as a group we sang "Love Shack." It was hilarious! lol And unfortunately for me there were two people from Florida in the class and they would bring the microphone to me often...and I'm a pretty shy person. hahaha But it was a lot of fun and very relaxing! :laugh:

hahah thats awesome, Are you gonna be going to PCOM? How long does it usually take to get back to you about if your accepted or not????

Ha! I was in the radiology class that day when you guys came in (I came from NYCOM to take the class; Dr. Meals' class is well-known at our school). I think you guys were the second group to come in that he made sing. You all were great :)

:clap:

hey why would you come from nycom to take a class at pcom ? do alot of students at nycom do that?
I go to nyit by the way seems kind of strange !!

Originally posted by AntGod22
hey why would you come from nycom to take a class at pcom ? do alot of students at nycom do that?
I go to nyit by the way seems kind of strange !!

Not strange at all :) I'm a 4th year student, and we're encouraged to do some elective rotations anywhere we want.

Dr. Meals' class has 5 spots allocated for visiting NYCOM students every month. Because there is no Radiology "class" per se offered at NYCOM or in the immediate area, some 4th year students opt to go to PCOM for their class.

Most NYCOM students just shadow a radiologist at one of the local hospitals for their 4th year radiology requirement. I'm not a great passive learner, so I thought the class would be better.

That is the funkiest interview I have ever heard of.

Maybe I'd fit in at PCOM...