General Admissions & OTCAS Who have you heard back from? 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dayum, you’re very well-rounded applicant! What school are you aiming for?
I'm between BU and Jefferson (OTD)! I have deposits down on both right now because the timelines did not overlap for me. Just found out today that I got into NYU so now I have some more evaluating to do!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when we should be hearing back from Winston Salem State ?

Hi all!

Applied: Hofstra, Sacred Heart, Seton Hall, MCPHS, Columbia, MUSC, Belmont
Interviews: Hofstra, Belmont (2/5), MUSC (1/29)
Accepted: MCPHS
Waitlisted: Hofstra
Rejected:

I may also apply to a few more schools which I am deciding on in the next few days :) Getting very nervous about Sacred Heart as I applied mid-October and have not heard anything.
Posting to update:
Rough decision day for me from schools!
Rejected from Sacred Heart and Columbia today, waitlisted at Belmont

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied: Boston University, University of Pittsburg, Tufts, Columbia
Interviews: BU
Acceptances: BU, University of Pittsburg
Waitlists:
Rejections:
Tufts
Was accepted into Columbia today. Now I am deciding between BU and Columbia...if anyone has any insight into the pros and cons of each program, I would really appreciate it :)

Reactions: 2 users
Was accepted into Columbia today. Now I am deciding between BU and Columbia...if anyone has any insight into the pros and cons of each program, I would really appreciate it :)
I've heard Columbia is super focused on the mental health setting, so if that's something you're interested in it's a pro, if it's not then it's a con! haha

Reactions: 3 users
I've heard Columbia is super focused on the mental health setting, so if that's something you're interested in it's a pro, if it's not then it's a con! haha
Agree! My coworker who recently graduated and passed her NBCOT, told me that Columbia focus on mental health more.

Updated!
Just got an email this week for an interview for Stockton :))
Applied- Moravian, Stockton, Kean, G.Mercy, Salus
Interviews: Moravian & Stockton
Acceptances; Moravian
Rejections: n/a
How long after the interview at Moravian were you accepted?

Applied: TJU, Tufts, MGHIHP, Chatham, Ohio State, USA-St.Augustine MOT, Quinnipiac, Salus, JMU, Clarkson, Wesley
Interviews: USA-St.Augustine MOT (9/17), Clarkson (10/14), Quinnipiac (10/27), Chatham (11/14), MGHIHP (11/17), Salus (12/10), Wesley (1/19), and TJU (Coming Up)
Acceptances: USA-St.Augustine MOT(9/28), Clarkson (10/15), JMU (10/30), Tufts (11/17), Quinnipiac (12/2), Chatham (12/10), and Wesley (1/25)
Waitlists: MGHIHP (12/16) & Salus (Standby List-12/18)
Rejections: Ohio State (1/19)
Do you by any chance remember what the Wesley interview was like? I have one next week and I'm super nervous!!

I know it’s not directly OT but it’s the same department. Has anyone heard from Rehab Science PhD program at BU?

Do you by any chance remember what the Wesley interview was like? I have one next week and I'm super nervous!!
Congrats on the interview! My interview was very quick, lasting 30 minutes exactly because they had interviews before and after me. I was interviewed by two of the OT faculty and was asked pretty general OT questions! I honestly can’t remember most of them but I do remember talking about why I wanted to be an OT and why I was applying to Wesley specifically. I don’t feel like any of the questions were surprising or tricky so it wasn’t too bad overall! Everyone was very kind which definitely made it more enjoyable. Good luck! Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Hi All!

Applied: Tennessee State University (TSU), Belmont

Interviews: TSU (1/22), Belmont (declined)

Acceptances: TSU (1/27)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the interview! My interview was very quick, lasting 30 minutes exactly because they had interviews before and after me. I was interviewed by two of the OT faculty and was asked pretty general OT questions! I honestly can’t remember most of them but I do remember talking about why I wanted to be an OT and why I was applying to Wesley specifically. I don’t feel like any of the questions were surprising or tricky so it wasn’t too bad overall! Everyone was very kind which definitely made it more enjoyable. Good luck! Let me know if you have anymore questions!
Awesome, thank you so much!!

About two weeks! When was your interview?
I didn't get one yet:/ they just emailed asking for an unofficial transcript for a prereq so not sure if ill hear from them or if the class is full or what!

Applied: USAHS (summer 2021, st Augustine campus), Maryville, JMU, Shenandoah, Messiah
Interview: Messiah (2/19 but it’s for the waitlist only)
Waitlist: Shenandoah, Maryville
Accepted: USAHS

I didn't get one yet:/ they just emailed asking for an unofficial transcript for a prereq so not sure if ill hear from them or if the class is full or what!
Fingers crossed that you get one ! 💛

Applied: UW (Seattle), Eastern Washington University, UPS (Tacoma), Samuel Meritt, USC, Dominican, Pacific University Oregon, West Coast University
Interviews: West Coast University (11/20), Samuel Meritt (01/9/21), USC (Phase 2)
Acceptances: Samuel Meritt
Waitlists: West Coast University (12/28)
Rejections: Eastern Washington University

If anyone has applied to the same schools and has heard back please let me know! I only applied to schools that don't require the GRE since I am terrible at standardized testing and don't feel its a good represntation of my academics. So would also love to find more programs that aren't considering scores :)
Have you heard back from the University of Puget Sound yet?

Applied: Lenoir Rhyne, Winston Salem, Radford, UNC, ECU

Waitlisted:

Accepted: Lenoir Rhyne (Hickory & Columbia)

Rejected: UNC, ECU

Applied: NYU, Quinnipiac, Rutgers, Stockton, Seton Hall, Kean
Interviews: Quinnipiac, Rutgers
Acceptances: NYU
Rejected:
How do you feel about Rutgers? I was accepted there as well (without an interview) but am a bit hesitant because they are only in the pre-accreditation stage.

Applied: UW (Seattle), Eastern Washington University, UPS (Tacoma), Samuel Meritt, USC, Dominican, Pacific University Oregon, West Coast University
Interviews: West Coast University (11/20), Samuel Meritt (01/9/21), USC (Phase 2), Pacific Oregon University (declined)
Acceptances: Samuel Meritt (accepted), West Coast University (declined)
Waitlists: West Coast University (12/28)
Rejections: Eastern Washington University

If anyone has applied to the same schools and has heard back please let me know! I only applied to schools that don't require the GRE since I am terrible at standardized testing and don't feel its a good represntation of my academics. So would also love to find more programs that aren't considering scores :)
Hey! I applied to some of the same schools as you! I also only applied to programs that didn't require the GRE, I don't test well either. :)

Applied: UW, EWU, UPS, Pacific, Bay Path, Brenau, Thomas Jefferson, Salus, Davenport
Interviews: Pacific, Brenau
Accepted: Bay Path
Waitlist: None
Rejection: EWU

Did you get the email from Puget Sound with the Admissions Portal? It said that it would be updated in mid February. It updated this week to ask for an address verification, but no information about if I got in or not. Anyone else?

Hey! I applied to some of the same schools as you! I also only applied to programs that didn't require the GRE, I don't test well either. :)

Applied: UW, EWU, UPS, Pacific, Bay Path, Brenau, Thomas Jefferson, Salus, Davenport

Did you get the email from Puget Sound with the Admissions Portal? It said that it would be updated in mid February. It updated this week to ask for an address verification, but no information about if I got in or not. Anyone else?

Hi NWOT! I see the verify address message in the UPS admission portal as well. However when I save my address, the message doesn’t disappear. Same thing for you? I might give them a call in the morning to check in.

I haven’t gotten any email or mail with a decision!

Sorry about EWU! Best of luck to you with the other schools!

Adding my info:

Applied: UW (Seattle), EWU (Spokane), UPS (Tacoma)
Interviews: EWU
Accepted:
Waitlist: EWU
Rejection:

Last edited:
Applied: NYU, Columbia, Boston U, MGH Health, Salus, Husson, Bay Path, Johnson&Wales
Interviews: Johnson&Wales
Acceptances: Bay Path
Waitlist: Columbia

Hi NWOT! I see the verify address message in the UPS admission portal as well. However when I save my address, the message doesn’t disappear. Same thing for you? I might give them a call in the morning to check in.

I haven’t gotten any email or mail with a decision!

Sorry about EWU! Best of luck to you with the other schools!

Adding my info:

Applied: UW (Seattle), EWU (Spokane), UPS (Tacoma)
Accepted:
Waitlist: EWU
Rejection:

Hey! Yeah, I don't see a change either. :/ If you call them, please let me know what they say!

I'm feeling pretty good about applications this year, I felt good about my Brenau interview and I have a lot of friends at Pacific, so 3/4 so far is not bad in my book. :)

Applied: UW, EWU, UPS, WashU, Pacific U, Idaho State
Acceptances: WashU, EWU
Waitlist:
Rejection:
Excited to get this application stage over with :D

Reactions: 2 users
Applied: Puget Sound, Duke University, Boston University, Colorado State University, Washington University, UW Madison
Acceptances:
Waitlist:
Rejections: BU
Can’t wait to start hearing back 😬

Reactions: 1 users

I got the email from Puget Sound too with the address verification. But no decision on acceptance or not!

I got the email from Puget Sound too with the address verification. But no decision on acceptance or not!
I've seen in the past they call acceptances! I've been waiting and stressing too! Wishing you the best!

I got that too! Verified and everything, but no decision yet! I just commented on someone else's post that I've seen in past years they call for acceptances so keep an eye on your phone too!

Applied: MCPHS, Stanbridge, Salus, Midwestern (Arizona)
Interviews: Midwestern (declined), Stanbridge, Salus
Acceptances: Stanbridge, MCPHS, Salus
Waitlist:
Rejection:

Updated 4/21

Last edited:
Applied: Rutgers, Rush, Chatham, University of New England, Dominican University of California, Seton Hall, Johnson & Wales
Interviews: University of New England, Dominican University of California, Rutgers (declined), JWU (declined)
Accepted: University of New England
Waitlist: Chatham, Dominican U of California, Seton Hall
Rejection: Rush

Updated 04/01!

Last edited:
Applied: Rutgers, Rush, Chatham, University of New England, Dominican University of California, Seton Hall, Johnson & Wales
Interviews: University of New England, Dominican University of California
Accepted: University of New England
Waitlist: Chatham
Rejection:
When did you find out you were waitlisted for Chatham?

Applied: Rutgers, Kean (OTD), Seton Hall, Stockton, Monmouth, University of Florida
Interview: Rutgers, Stockton, Kean
Waitlists: UF
Acceptances:
Rejections:
updated 2/18!!

Did they call you from the OT department phone number?: 253.879.3514

I saved it to my phone to make sure I answer it!
No it was actually no caller ID, so I almost didn’t even answer it! Luckily I did though 😄

I didn't get the address update notification. Have you heard anything since? I see that some people have gotten acceptance calls. It feels like its been forever waiting for the Washington schools!

I didn't get the address update notification. Have you heard anything since? I see that some people have gotten acceptance calls. It feels like its been forever waiting for the Washington schools!
I haven’t heard anything since! Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞

I didn't get an email either, but I started checking the Puget Sound website every day so I just assumed I didn't get it because I'd already updated my address. 🧐 I haven't heard anything. I'm worried I didn't get in because of a missed instruction on the application. Theirs was so detailed!!