General Admissions & OTCAS Illinois Schools: Who have you heard back from? 2021-2022 Cycle (UIC, Midwestern, Rush, Lewis and so on.)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

17Carat

Reaction score
I thought I should start a thread for Illinois schools for this cycle! So far, I have interviewed for Midwestern and Lewis. I was accepted at Lewis and I'm on Midwestern's WL. I declined to interview at North Central and Rush. I have an interview with Elmhurst coming up. Did anyone hear anything from UIC?

Members don't see this ad.

I thought I should start a thread for Illinois schools for this cycle! So far, I have interviewed for Midwestern and Lewis. I was accepted at Lewis and I'm on Midwestern's WL. I declined to interview at North Central and Rush. I have an interview with Elmhurst coming up. Did anyone hear anything from UIC?
when did you hear about midwestern? i applied back in like october and still havent heard anything

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you hear about midwestern? i applied back in like october and still havent heard anything
Same. Lol. It’s so weird. I called and they said they haven’t made a decision yet

Reactions: 1 user
And I applied in august
hmm ok thats great to know. i sent an update email after the OCTAS academic update and they said they added that info to my file but i was confused that i never heard back about anything else as their admissions is rolling lol

I applied in November and had my interview in the second week of December, with an email informing me that I was waitlisted a couple of days after that.

I applied to UIC back in November and still have not heard anything from them other than needing an academic update in OTCAS. I have an interview coming up for Lewis and Elmhurst. Would you mind sharing your experience with the Lewis interview? I am nervous as this is one of my top choices for schools! What kinds of questions did they ask/how did the writing prompt go? TIA!

I applied to UIC back in November and still have not heard anything from them other than needing an academic update in OTCAS. I have an interview coming up for Lewis and Elmhurst. Would you mind sharing your experience with the Lewis interview? I am nervous as this is one of my top choices for schools! What kinds of questions did they ask/how did the writing prompt go? TIA!
Lewis was really relaxed and simple. It's a group interview with only two faculty members that will be interviewing you. They asked generic questions about you and why you want to be an OT. The writing sample is trying to gauge your perspective on certain topics so you just need to answer as honestly as you can. They were very nice and encouraging so even if you're nervous, don't be worried! You'll do great :)

Hey,
I applied to UIC, Midwestern, Rush, North Central, Elmhurst, and Lewis (I think that’s all lol). I got interviewed at Midwestern back in Novemeber and like two days later got an email that I was on the waitlist. Someone told me the average age of the students they accept for OT is like 25 or something, I'm not sure if that's true though. I got my acceptance email from UIC on Friday, but I'm still deciding between a masters and a doctorate so I havent accepted yet. I also interviewed at rush and north central (waiting to hear back) and I'm interviewing at Elmhurst in two weeks.

Has anyone heard from Elmhurst or did they tell you an estimated time during your interview? Interviewed two weeks ago and they did not say when we should hear back.

Got the A from UIC a few weeks ago. I’m OOS but am really pumped thinking about going there

Has anyone else heard back from Rush or DePaul? Got waitlisted from rush a few days ago and want to see anyone else heard something similar

Has anyone else heard back from Rush or DePaul? Got waitlisted from rush a few days ago and want to see anyone else heard something similar
Hello, I have heard back from Rush on Feb 14th...I was waitlisted as well.

Hey guys so I just heard back from some programs and thought I should update. I was accepted to Elmhurst last week and UIC a couple of days ago!

Has anyone else got into Rush? Just want to see if there is a group me or FB page