General Admissions & OTCAS Who have you heard back from? 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rocky Mountain College (Billings, MT) offered me an interview next week for their class beginning January 2022! They have a unique offering in that they emphasize entrepreneurship as a part of the OTD program.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard back from Winston Salem State?

Applied: Nova OTD, FGCU, UF
Interviews: Nova, FGCU
Acceptances: Nova, FGCU
Waitlist: UF
have you decided which program you’ll be attending? i’m still waiting on a decision from FGCU

Members don't see this ad :)
Rocky Mountain College (Billings, MT) offered me an interview next week for their class beginning January 2022! They have a unique offering in that they emphasize entrepreneurship as a part of the OTD program.
Interviews: Pace University (2/5), Rocky Mountain College (2/12), Yeshiva University (2/23), Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions (2/12), University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (3/6), University of Mary in Billings (2/18), Rutgers (3/19), Johnson & Wales (4/9, declined interview offer)
Accepted: Rocky Mountain College (2/17), University of Mary in Billings (2/22), Massachusetts General Hospital IHP (2/22), Yeshiva University (2/25), University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (3/10), Rutgers (3/25), Pace University (3/25)

Last edited:
has anyone interviewed for VCU already for early decision? any tips?

I've gotten into Rocky Mountain College (declined), Marquette University (declined) and St Scholastica. Still waiting to hear back from Midwestern IL and St Catherine University. I'll most likely be going to St Scholastica, anyone else?

I think WashU and MUSC are tied for #1 for me. If I end up getting into MUSC I will have a tough decision to make.
I am in the same boat! WashU is my favorite curriculum but MUSC is close to home! It will definitely be a tough choice.

Last edited:
I think WashU and MUSC are tied for #1 for me. If I end up getting into MUSC I will have a tough decision to make.
Did you end up telling Tufts that you were not going to attend? Were you able to get your deposit back?

Hi all!

Applied: UIC, UW Milwaukee, UW Madison, Carroll University, Rutgers, Creighton University, University of Washington, Rush, University of Minnesota
Interviews: Creighton, Rush, Madison
Acceptances: Carroll, Rutgers
Waitlists:
Rejections:

Anyone else apply at the normal deadline for UIC waiting to hear back? Or UWM, Madison, or Washington for that matter? The anticipation is killing me!
I was accepted into Madison as soon as I submitted the kira assessment few weeks back. Not my top choice but waiting to hear back from Rush... Goodluck !

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied: University of Texas Medical Branch, West Virginia University, Cedar Crest College, Baylor University
Interviews: UTMB, West Virginia, Cedar Crest
Acceptances:
Waitlists:
UTMB, West Virginia
Rejections:

Good luck everyone!!

Last edited:
Applied: Dominican, Samuel Merritt, West Coast LA, USAHS, Midwestern, AIC
Interviews: West Coast LA, Midwestern, St.Augustine, Samuel Merritt
Acceptances: AIC, USAHS-San Marcos
Waitlists: West Coast LA, Midwestern, Samuel Merritt
Rejections:

I was accepted into Madison as soon as I submitted the kira assessment few weeks back. Not my top choice but waiting to hear back from Rush... Goodluck !
Oh wow. You did your Kira Assessment a few weeks ago and you already heard back? It seems like everyone else on this website did theirs months and months ago and still hasn't heard back. Congrats to you! When did you originally apply?

Oh wow. You did your Kira Assessment a few weeks ago and you already heard back? It seems like everyone else on this website did theirs months and months ago and still hasn't heard back. Congrats to you! When did you originally apply?
I applied back in October/November I believe . But I’m waiting g to hear back from rush as that is my dream school

Has anyone received an interview from Advent Health/ADU in Orlando? I received an interview but wanted to see if anyone knew of the structure of the interview besides it being on Zoom! Good Luck to everyone with interviews

Has anyone received an interview from Advent Health/ADU in Orlando? I received an interview but wanted to see if anyone knew of the structure of the interview besides it being on Zoom! Good Luck to everyone with interviews
I have a friend who got accepted into the program for 2020 when things started transitioning to online. Her interview was a link where she had two minutes to answer questions as they popped up on the screen. Not sure if that’s how it will be for this round

I have a friend who got accepted into the program for 2020 when things started transitioning to online. Her interview was a link where she had two minutes to answer questions as they popped up on the screen. Not sure if that’s how it will be for this round
Thank you! Good to know that this might be an option! None of my other interviews had been like that so it’s nice to know this from a prep stand point! Thank you again!!

Has anyone heard back from NYU or Columbia yet? If so, would you mind sharing your stats?

I am in the same boat! WashU is my favorite curriculum but MUSC is close to home! It will definitely be a tough choice.
Same here! MUSC is much closer but WashU's program is more appealing to me. I did tell Tufts I was no longer coming and did not get my deposit back.

Applied: University of Saint Mary (Kansas), Rush University, Midwestern U (IL), St. Ambrose University, Ohio State, AT Still U (AZ), Elmhurst U
Interviews: St. Ambrose University, University of Saint Mary, Rush
Acceptances: University of Saint Mary
Waitlists: St. Ambrose
Rejections: NA
did you put a deposit down at st. mary??

Applied: University of Saint Mary (Kansas), Rush University, Midwestern U (IL), St. Ambrose University, Ohio State, AT Still U (AZ), Elmhurst U
Interviews: St. Ambrose University, University of Saint Mary, Rush
Acceptances: University of Saint Mary
Waitlists: St. Ambrose
Rejections: NA
Congrats on landing an interview with Rush, how did it go?

Hi! How long did it take to hear back from UF given when you applied? I'm getting anxious waiting to hear something!
I did early admission! I applied November 7th and heard back mid-January. The email said that they have already filled their class.

I had my interview with UNC last Friday but still no word from Duke.

Hey
How was your West coast interview? is it virtual interview? I have revived email saying that they selected my application because i meet all the requirement but they will call me within months and scheduled an interview. so I am wondering what and how to prepare for the interview, it might help me thanks.
I have a Dominican OTR students at my skilled nursing facility for their first FW rotation and they are saying that classes are transit to online now; and program does not have interview process. Unfortunately, they selected students off from paper application. good luck.

Applied: Drake University, Duke University, Boston University, University of Mary, Mary Baldwin (MDCHS), University of Florida, Shenandoah, Johnson & Wales (all OTD programs)
Interview: Drake, JWU, MDCHS, UM
Waitlist:
Denied: BU
Accepted: Drake, JWU

Last edited:
Applied: Pace, Stockton, Kean, Seton Hall
Interviews: Pace, Stockton
Waitlist:
Denied:
Accepted:

Applied: Drake University, Duke University, Boston University, University of Mary, Mary Baldwin (MDCHS), University of Florida, Shenandoah, Johnson & Wales (all OTD programs)
Interview: Drake, JWU
Waitlist:
Denied: BU
Accepted: Drake
Have you received any update from University of Florida? I also haven't heard back from them yet

Applied: Rush University, UW-Madison, Midwestern (IL), Elmhurst, St. Scholastica, Wash U, U indy, Belmont
Interview: Rush (3/12), Midwestern, Elmhurst, Wash U, U indy, Belmont
Waitlist: Midwestern, Belmont, St. Scholastica
Accepted: U indy

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything from MUSC about acceptance letters?

Has anyone heard anything from MUSC about acceptance letters?
I haven’t heard anything yet but they told us they’re aiming to send the first round of acceptances out around Valentine’s Day!

Has anyone heard from Kean ?
if you applied to the OTD program, you should hear back this month. If you applied to the MS program, most likely March. They do separate rounds of interviews for each. OTD first because the applications were due before the MS apps. My friend got an email last year about an interview around this time and was then accepted a month later for OTD.

Hi I'm so sorry I just saw this!!!
GPA at the time of application (I'm still in undergrad): 3.91
OTCAS GPA: 3.92
Prereq GPA: 4.0
GRE (although BU doesn't care about it): 156 V, 157 Q, 5.0 AW
Major: Biobehavioral Health
Minors: Biology, Italian, Diversity and Inclusion in Health and Human Development
Hours: between 70-80 completed across a pediatric clinic, public high school, private high school for children with disabilities, and an adult outpatient rehab between 2018-2020. I had at least 36 planned hours for summer 2020 that couldn't be fulfilled because of the pandemic so I included that in my OTCAS too
Main extracurriculars: APO National Service Frat, GKAItalian honor society, AED Health Preprofessional Honor Society, undergrad research assistant for a lab in my major, lecture assistant for chemistry, OT club, marching band, I also proctor Zoom exams on the side and was a summer camp counselor for 3 consecutive summers

Hope this helps! :)
Dayum, you’re very well-rounded applicant! What school are you aiming for?

Applied: St.Kates, Rush, Elmhurst, UIC, UW Milwaukee, Lewis, North Central
Interviews: North Central (11/14), Rush (1/4), Elmhurst(1/15)
Acceptances: North Central (11/19), Rush (1/7), Lewis (1/19), Elmhurst (1/27)
Waitlists:
Rejections:
My Interview for Rush is on Friday. Any advice for the group interview portion?
Thanks!!

if you applied to the OTD program, you should hear back this month. If you applied to the MS program, most likely March. They do separate rounds of interviews for each. OTD first because the applications were due before the MS apps. My friend got an email last year about an interview around this time and was then accepted a month later for OTD.
I applied to the masters! Thank you!

Have you received any update from University of Florida? I also haven't heard back from them yet
not yet! I heard they filled their class but I'm hoping I'll hear one way or another! good luck! Let me know if you hear back!