Who hasn't received CPJE scores yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blisterpk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you took the CPJE this past quality assurance period (Aug 1 to Sept 10), have you received your scores yet?

I took mine on Sep 9 and still haven't heard. :confused:

I'm just wondering when I should start to worry the score is lost in the mail.

Members don't see this ad.

Why not call the BOP?

I did. They told me they would respond to my request 30 business days after I took the exam. I'm just anxious because it seems like everyone else who went through quality assurance has received their scores yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did. They told me they would respond to my request 30 business days after I took the exam. I'm just anxious because it seems like everyone else who went through quality assurance has received their scores yet.
"30 business days" is their standard response, also given on the confirmation sheet that you took the exam. However, it is not carved in stone. Depending on their workload - involving interns, pharmacists, techs, complaints, enforcement actions, meetings, etc, this time frame can change - 2 weeks to even more than 4 weeks. Then there is their QA - can be 3-4 times a year, but not necessarily quarterly. It can delay results (a bear during the summer - just after graduation season). When this happens - it is on their website. I know it is tough (and easier said than done), but one needs to forget about the exam - and picture your favorite island in the caribbean - imagine yourself on the beach - and relax.

"30 business days" is their standard response, also given on the confirmation sheet that you took the exam. However, it is not carved in stone. Depending on their workload - involving interns, pharmacists, techs, complaints, enforcement actions, meetings, etc, this time frame can change - 2 weeks to even more than 4 weeks. Then there is their QA - can be 3-4 times a year, but not necessarily quarterly. It can delay results (a bear during the summer - just after graduation season). When this happens - it is on their website. I know it is tough (and easier said than done), but one needs to forget about the exam - and picture your favorite island in the caribbean - imagine yourself on the beach - and relax.

Thanks. I actually got the results on Oct 3rd and my license number was posted yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!

I took my exam on October 2nd, and hope to get the results sometime next week, is there anybody who took the test around the same date and got his/her results?

Members don't see this ad :)
YAY! Wow that's only the second 85 I've heard. Great job! Took the exam 10/5 and hoping to hear any time now...

Hello Everyone
Just moved here from Florida. Scheduled to take the CPJE on Monday... only3 more days... YIKES! Just wondering if anybody had any advice on the exam. Thank you :)

Hello Everyone
Just moved here from Florida. Scheduled to take the CPJE on Monday... only3 more days... YIKES! Just wondering if anybody had any advice on the exam. Thank you :)

Good luck. The exam is somehow tricky. Always focus on the question and the wording; it will help you choose the right answer. I don’t know if you had chance to review the health notes but I have been advised in this forum to have look at them and they are pretty useful. Don’t forget to take the sample questions in the PSI handbook. Hopefully some of those who already passed the CPJE can give you a better advice. I am still waiting for my results :rolleyes:. Good luck again.

I GOT MY GREEN LETTER

I passed (82)

I am guessing that this is a sign that all the rest of the folks that took the exam from the begining of this month to last saturday will be getting their results soon.

I am probably the closest one, distance wise, from the board ... only 1 hour away driving.

Expect a good surprise in the mail soon

I GOT MY GREEN LETTER

I passed (82)

I am guessing that this is a sign that all the rest of the folks that took the exam from the begining of this month to last saturday will be getting their results soon.

I am probably the closest one, distance wise, from the board ... only 1 hour away driving.

Expect a good surprise in the mail soon

Congratulations..!!! Is it green from the outside? i.e. will I know the results even before opening the envelope :eek: ?

Congratulations..!!! Is it green from the outside? i.e. will I know the results even before opening the envelope :eek: ?

The letters inside is green (2 pages). The one containing the score is white. I didn't open the letter, my parents did, so i am assuming the letter from outside is still white

The letters inside is green (2 pages). The one containing the score is white. I didn't open the letter, my parents did, so i am assuming the letter from outside is still white

Just got mine. Whew!, finally :)

I also took the exam on 10/10 and I'm about 2.5 hrs away from the board.

By the way, based on how I got mine, you can tell its green from the outside because the envelope has a transparent address window, and paper that has your mailing address is actually printed on green paper.

Last edited:
Just got mine. Whew!, finally :)

I also took the exam on 10/10 and I'm about 2.5 hrs away from the board.

By the way, based on how I got mine, you can tell its green from the outside because the envelope has a transparent address window, and paper that has your mailing address is actually printed on green paper.

Congrats. looks like 10/10 is the lucky day:)..!! I am still waiting, it is taking too long and I started to be worried:(

Congrats. looks like 10/10 is the lucky day:)..!! I am still waiting, it is taking too long and I started to be worried:(

I probably only got mine today because I live close to the BOP (the stamp shows it was mailed out 10/26). First class mail takes normally 3 to 5 business days.

GREEN LETTER GREEN LETTER! Finally!

The letter was dated 10/23 by the way- and just got here this afternoon to San Diego.

YAAAAAY!

Ikthos? Still waiting on your good news.

I probably only got mine today because I live close to the BOP (the stamp shows it was mailed out 10/26). First class mail takes normally 3 to 5 business days.

I guess they mailed all the results Monday the 26th, that's why Corradoracer got his first then u. I guess I will be the last. I live in illinois.:(

GREEN LETTER GREEN LETTER! Finally!

The letter was dated 10/23 by the way- and just got here this afternoon to San Diego.

YAAAAAY!

Ikthos? Still waiting on your good news.

My theory was debunked:(!!! urs was mailed Friday the 23rd !!!! Congrats...!!!! wish me good luck..!!!

My theory was debunked:(!!! urs was mailed Friday the 23rd !!!! Congrats...!!!! wish me good luck..!!!

The letter was dated 10/23 (at least mine was), but the mailing stamp actually shows 10/26. So your theory is right on :)

I got the green letter too. This nightmare is over! Took the test on 10/12, and letter was mailed on Monday 10/26. It takes two weeks for them to process!

Green is the color. Congrats to all of you. So how are you going to celebrate - and party?
May you live long, have as many off spring as you desire, prosper - and make lots of money.

Failed...74... my lowest score was in area 3...anybody knows what's area 3? (manage operations with accordance with california law??!!)...

ikthos! Nooooooo! I'm so sorry :(
Look in your CPJE bulletin- they define the three areas...
For CPJE Exams Taken On or After April 1, 2006
California State Board of Pharmacy
Detailed Content Outline
1. Provide Medication to Patients 25 Items
A. Organize and Evaluate Information
1. Interpret prescription/medication order
2. Obtain information from the patient/patient’s representative for patient
profile (diagnosis or desired therapeutic outcome, allergies, adverse
reactions, medical history, etc.)
3. Obtain information from prescriber and/or health care professionals for
patient profile (diagnosis or desired therapeutic outcome, allergies, adverse
reactions, medical history, etc.)
4. Assess prescription/medication order for completeness, correctness,
authenticity, and legality
5. Assess prescription/medication order for appropriateness (e.g., drug
selection, dosage, drug interactions, dosage form, delivery system)
6. Evaluate the medical record/patient profile for any or all of the following:
disease states, clinical condition, medication use, allergies, adverse
reactions, disabilities, medical/surgical therapies, laboratory findings,
physical assessments and/or diagnostic tests
7. Evaluate the pharmaceutical information needs of the patient/patient's
representative
B. Dispense Medications
1. Enter prescription information into patient profile
2. Prepare IV admixtures
3. Document preparation of medication in various dosage forms (e.g.,
compounded, unit dose)
4. Document preparation of controlled substances for dispensing
5. Verify label(s) for prescription container(s)
6. Select auxiliary label(s) for container(s)
7. Perform the final check of the medication prior to dispensing
2. Monitor and Manage Patient Outcomes 25 Items
A. Determine a Course of Action and Manage Patient Outcomes
1. Determine desired therapeutic outcomes
2. Develop a therapeutic regimen for prescription medications (e.g.,
recommend alteration of prescribed drug regimen; select drug if necessary)
3. Determine the need for a referral
4. Communicate the therapeutic plan to the patient/patient’s representative,
the prescriber and other health care professionals
5. Recommend/order necessary monitoring and screening procedures (e.g.,
blood pressure, glucose levels, drug levels)
6. Communicate results of monitoring to patient/patient’s representative,
prescriber and/or other health care professionals
7. Manage drug therapy according to protocols
B. Educate Patients and Health Care Professionals
1. Assess the patient’s understanding of the disease and treatment
2. Counsel patient/patient’s representative regarding prescription medication
therapy and devices
3. Counsel patient/patient’s representative regarding nonprescription
medication (OTC)
4. Counsel patient/patient’s representative regarding herbal/complementary
therapies
5. Counsel patient/patient’s representative regarding non-drug therapy
6. Counsel patient/patient’s representative regarding self-monitoring of therapy
(e.g., devices, symptoms)
7. Verify the patient’s/patient representative’s understanding of the information
presented
8. Educate health care professionals (e.g., physicians, nurses, medical
residents/fellows, other health care providers/students, precepting intern
pharmacists)
3. Manage Operations 25 Items
A. Procure Pharmaceuticals, Devices and Supplies and Control Inventory
1. Place orders for pharmaceuticals, durable medical equipment, devices and
supplies, including expediting of emergency orders
2. Maintain a record-keeping system of items purchased/received/returned in
compliance with legal requirements
3. Maintain a record of controlled substances ordered, received, stored and
removed from inventory
4. Store pharmaceuticals, durable medical equipment, devices and supplies
under proper storage conditions
5. Dispose of expired or recalled pharmaceuticals, durable medical equipment,
devices, supplies and document actions taken
6. Communicate changes in product availability (e.g., formulary changes,
recalls, shortages) to pharmacy staff, patient/patient’s representative,
physicians and other health care professionals
7. Maintain policies and procedures to prevent theft and/or drug diversion
B. Perform Quality Assurance/Improvement
1. Assess pharmacist and/or pharmacy technician competence
2. Ensure the accuracy of medication administration
3. Implement a system for medication error prevention, assessment, and
reporting (e.g., root cause analysis, National Patient Safety Goals)
4. Implement a system by which adverse drug reactions are documented,
analyzed, evaluated and reported
C. Manage Operations, Human Resources and Information Systems
1. Monitor the practice site and/or service area for compliance with federal,
state and local laws, regulations and professional standards
2. Supervise the work of pharmacy staff
3. Ensure the availability, control, and confidentiality of patient and prescription
information (e.g., patient profiles, medication administration records)
D. Manage Medication Use System
1. Maintain a formulary system
2. Apply therapeutic interchange
3. Conduct medication use evaluations
TOTAL 90 questions
including 15 unscored pretest items
(October 17, 2005)

If you send me your email I'll send you my Law review notes...

Should I request a regrade? The board's website states than non of the previous regrades has ever lead to a score change....any thoughts??!!

Indeed, non of the past regrades have ended up with a higher grade. Further, if you desire to purse it, that process may take longer than you expect. It is sad, that you are so close, and yet so far. Unfortunately, you may be better of just retaking the test.

hey ikthos, I my in the same boat, I got a 73, cried my eyes out this morning, it was my first attempt. gosh I feel dumb.

hey ikthos, I my in the same boat, I got a 73, cried my eyes out this morning, it was my first attempt. gosh I feel dumb.

Don’t ever feel dumb. I do not believe that CPJE measures a person’s intelligence, so just because you failed the CPJE does not mean you are not smart. I can’t tell you not to be sad, but don’t let yourself into that hole. Motivate yourself. You can do this. You will pass the CPJE and you will get your license. Remember that.

Don't get down on yourself. Who knows how they grade this exam? With some of those questions, you either know it or you don't. For section 3, study the Weissman book and look over the Script Notes on the BOP website. Good luck. You will get through this!

Don't get down on yourself. Who knows how they grade this exam? With some of those questions, you either know it or you don't. For section 3, study the Weissman book and look over the Script Notes on the BOP website. Good luck. You will get through this!

Thx. Did you mean the script newsletters or the health notes?

Hi guys! New to the forum. I just took the CPJE this saturday (oct. 31st)...really scared to get my results. Anyone else took it this past saturday?? Let me know how it went!

Hey guys thanks for all the support.. ok I think i'm ready to do this again. It was so nice to have a support system the first time around, anyone interested in studing in a chat room I have noticed a few of us did not kill the beast? Hey where do i get this USC study book from. can someone get me a bookstore number or address