WHICH SHCOOLS CAN I APPLY TO? WITH THESE DAT SCORES AND GPA!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jdental__

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i took the DAT twice guys, neither time did i do amazing, or even above average in that case. i get it, high possibility i wont get in, i really do get that, but i do want to still apply

DAT (FIRST TIME)
PAT 15
READING 18
MATH 18
ORGO 20
CHEM 22
BIO 14 (ha i know..)
AA: 18
SCIENCE AVERAGE: 17

DAT (SECOND TIME)
PAT 17
READING 16 (I KNOW..-__-)
MATH 17
ORGO 19
CHEM 20
BIO 18
AA: 19
SCIENCE AVERAGE: 18

GPA: 3.4 (BIG UPHILL trend over the years, i was doing very poorly at first but hit 3.8+ past two years)

shadowing: 4 dentists
Outside of school: EMS first aid squad, went and did a brigade in honduras (medical mission), volunteered at a hospital, youth center, im a public relations chair for PCRF (rutgers orginization)

i get that im not someone who has a high chance, but i still want to apply to just to apply. i dont want to apply to a bunch of schools though, maybe like 5-7. which schools should i apply to? meaning which schools would possibly give me an interview?
i am planning on taking it again but hey u never knew,i know someone with AA of a damn 16 who got in...IDK HOW~
throw some schools at me!
its september now, looking to submit it by next week

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
GPA trend is good but a low DAT (for acceptance) and under average GPA (for acceptance) might not give you the best chance. I suggest taking the DAT one more time and going for a 21+

Howard and Meharry dental schools they accept somewhat lower dat score or gpa, but none the less you need to retake.
But be aware that they prefer POC.

Chances are slim to 0. I would retake your DAT. Your biology score should definitely be 20+ considering your low GPA.

It's already late in the cycle and with those stats BRUH. You need to retake the DAT and apply next year. Good luck.