WHICH SCHOOLS CAN I APPLY TO? WITH THESE DAT SCORES AND GPA!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jdental__

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i took the DAT twice guys, neither time did i do amazing, or even above average in that case. i get it, high possibility i wont get in, i really do get that, but i do want to still apply

DAT (FIRST TIME)
PAT 15
READING 18
MATH 18
ORGO 20
CHEM 22
BIO 14 (ha i know..)
AA: 18
SCIENCE AVERAGE: 17

DAT (SECOND TIME)
PAT 17
READING 16 (I KNOW..-__-)
MATH 17
ORGO 19
CHEM 20
BIO 18
AA: 19
SCIENCE AVERAGE: 18

GPA: 3.4 (BIG UPHILL trend over the years, i was doing very poorly at first but hit 3.8+ past two years)

shadowing: 4 dentists
Outside of school: EMS first aid squad, went and did a brigade in honduras (medical mission), volunteered at a hospital, youth center, im a public relations chair for PCRF (rutgers orginization)

i get that im not someone who has a high chance, but i still want to apply to just to apply. i dont want to apply to a bunch of schools though, maybe like 5-7. which schools should i apply to? meaning which schools would possibly give me an interview?
i am planning on taking it again but hey u never knew,i know someone with AA of a damn 16 who got in...IDK HOW~
throw some schools at me!
its september now, looking to submit it by next week

Members don't see this ad.

From my limited experience on these threads, you did yourself a big disservice by not applying ASAP (like june). Nonetheless, no one can really give you a list of schools to apply to if that's what you're asking for because:
1.) noone knows what factors you consider important (research, programs, community, COST <-- i'd definitely consider this last one)
2.) noone knows what chance you have at any certain school.

Regardless, I think that more expensive schools tend to take more students like us in the "average student" category. If you only want that acceptance letter, NYU has an average acceptance rate of a 3.1 GPA iirc.... but their tuition is insane. Loma Linda also comes to mind.

Oh and I'd highly recommend against applying 'just to apply" because if you happen to get accepted into a certain dental school and you turn them down, future dental schools will see it when you apply the year after, and they could ask you why. This isn't like Undergrad where you can just throw out applications and see where you can get in. Dental school adcoms take alot of time in considering who they accept. Plus, the $$ will be alot, so if you don't want to fully commit to dental school, take the time to consider if you really want to apply this cycle.

Good luck!