Which one of y'all is rolling in it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
still rollin in my corolla. Glad to see you all have good taste in cars.
I drove a pos when I started my current job 10 yrs ago and was told to “just stop” by an administrator.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
When I started my attending job I used to park my rust bucket in the doctor's lot next to the neurosurgeon's supercar.

Now I can say that I have the finest Kia in the doctor's lot.

Preferred bone met fractionation: 20 Gy in 5 fractions

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I drove a pos when I started my current job 10 yrs ago and was told to “just stop” by an administrator.
Still rockin my 2012 base model Mazda6 IS sport that I bought in residency. Its only got 125K on it so she probably has more than a few years left on her and I will drive her into the ground.

Not sure what I will do next. Won't be a sports car. I love doing landscaping, woodworking, camping, and fishing so something with a little more space would be good. Hoping there are more good EV or hybrid options in the that space by the time I need to go. The dual EV/gas grand cherokee is an interesting option for me. The range for full electric is only about 30 miles but Im only 4 miles from work. Could end up a decent option but I want to see what folks think after a few years of using them.

Not sure what I will do next. Won't be a sports car. I love doing landscaping, woodworking, camping, and fishing so something with a little more space would be good. Hoping there are more good EV or hybrid options in the that space by the time I need to go. The dual EV/gas grand cherokee is an interesting option for me. The range for full electric is only about 30 miles but Im only 4 miles from work. Could end up a decent option but I want to see what folks think after a few years of using them.
Still miss my 6 speed manual Hyundai hot hatch at times (veloster turbo), just spoiled with the S though. Best daily driver on the planet. The fact that the S plaid can give you hypercar acceleration for under $110k starting is just mind boggling to me

Still miss my 6 speed manual Hyundai hot hatch at times (veloster turbo), just spoiled with the S though. Best daily driver on the planet. The fact that the S plaid can give you hypercar acceleration for under $110k starting is just mind boggling to me
The whole reason that I bought her was because of the manual transmission. Not too many options left I'm afraid. Its all I have ever driven and automatic just doesn't feel right to me. Its also the best antitheft device on the market anymore :)

• Haha
The whole reason that I bought her was because of the manual transmission. Not too many options left I'm afraid. Its all I have ever driven and automatic just doesn't feel right to me. Its also the best antitheft device on the market anymore :)
💯

Ferrari killed them awhile ago and i think lambo soon after. At least a decade now, i think.

The MT variants of some older Ferraris fetch a higher price/premium as well because of the enthusiasts

Last edited:
💯

Ferrari killed them awhile ago and i think lambo soon after. At least a decade now, i think.

The MT variants of some older Ferraris fetch a higher price/premium as well
I know. If I were to get something high performance, I might go with a Shelby SuperSnake. You give up a bit on acceleration, but 3.5 isn't too bad. The feel of a manual is worth it to me and I've always been a fan of Shelbys in general.

Agree 100% that EVs make the best daily drivers. I switched to an EQS last year and never looked back. I also have solar panels and a level 2 charger at home. In CA I can enjoy driving solo in the HOV lanes for a couple of years.

Very interestingly, Mercedes just released a beta program where they upgraded the Voice Assistant with ChatGPT - has led to some interesting exchanges :unsure:
I currently daily an EQS. I haven't heard about the Chat GPT add on, but the basic voice assistant tells great Dad jokes.

Seems like we have quite a few car nuts here. If anyone is interested, I run a private FB page for MD motorheads only. Email me at [email protected] or friend me on FB if you want to join.

In undergrad I had a 1988 Honda Accord. Flip up headlights. No fuel injection.

One morning I was driving into the gym for an early workout. Car died on me without warning. Somehow coasted into a street-side parking space through dumb luck.

Pop the hood. I can't quite remember what happened, but the throttle valve was stuck closed on the carburetor, I think there was a spring busted?

What I do know is that I "fixed" it with a paperclip. Man this was a long time ago but...I somehow improvised a repair where the car ran relatively OK but the throttle valve never closed again. It always idled quite rich.

Another time, I had a catalytic converter break in a different car where it was just rattling all the time. Or doing something. Can't remember. Sunk a big drywall screw in the body to stabilize it. Worked great until the honeycomb material shattered and jammed up the exhaust.

Anyway...I drive a very expensive car now that has no drywall screws in it.

Or paperclips.

Saw this today on inadequacy of power grid, germane to previous conversations about electric cars and green energy:

This is why I overbought solar. To a degree I'm giving free power back to the grid, and if nothing else, not drawing from the grid, even if charging the car, when the sun's out. TBH, everyone who lives where I live and is paid what I am should have an EV and solar panels presuming they're not on the northside of a mountain. Solar adds to resale value, there's a nice tax credit, and they're pretty much all warrantied for 25+ years, plus it's fun watching the power app on sunny days.

Reactions: 1 users
When I started my attending job I used to park my rust bucket in the doctor's lot next to the neurosurgeon's supercar.

Now I can say that I have the finest Kia in the doctor's lot.

Preferred bone met fractionation: 20 Gy in 5 fractions

That is also my preferred bone met fractionation, and I also have the finest Kia PHEV in the parking lot (the only Kia).

I drove my prior car from undergrad through residency and first year of being an attending. Being tired of putting chains on my car, and taking said chains off my car was my main motivator for an upgrade with 4WD.

I have the Mach E and love it. I’ve never read about EA frying a car, but hear lots of issues with broken stations.

It is my commuter/around the city car and we have an ICE. I charge at home and occasionally at one of our centers that has a plug. For a couple months when I got it, I didn’t have a charger at home and it was kinda annoying.

Personally I think it’s too early to go all electric if you road trip or go to rural areas/mountains/etc.

Just my opinion, this is pretty controversial I think.
this is the exact reason i got PHEV. We drive to rural areas several times per year and electric only just isn't practical.

Reactions: 1 users
I wish my Hyundai had a supplementary gas tank of even just a few gallons