Which one of y'all is rolling in it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haha. Just thinking targa4 for cruising on the weekends.
great tool for that job, but if you can only have one car, a Taycan gives you the EV goodness and Porsche feel, all in one. Just don't drive a Plaid though....that'll ruin you for all cars that you used to consider "fast," even a Taycan Turbo S.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you own a home, charging is a non issue. Hydrogen is energy intensive to create, and the infrastructure will limit it to use in certain applications like mass transit or maybe construction vehicles. It's a non starter for the general public when BEV's are so damn good now.

Agree. I had the same concerns about EVs but you just charge when you’re sleeping or working. Very different paradigm than gas.

Also, even without Solar, we haven’t noticed any significant change to our electric bill. Electricity is fairly cheap.

Reactions: 1 user
I have the Mach E and love it. I’ve never read about EA frying a car, but hear lots of issues with broken stations.

It is my commuter/around the city car and we have an ICE. I charge at home and occasionally at one of our centers that has a plug. For a couple months when I got it, I didn’t have a charger at home and it was kinda annoying.

Personally I think it’s too early to go all electric if you road trip or go to rural areas/mountains/etc.

Just my opinion, this is pretty controversial I think.
Tesla has had a decent network for awhile. Us early adopters still have free supercharging for life which they are probably regretting by now.

Very feasible to do a multi state road trip in one just need to realize that it may be more leisurely than an equivalent gas trip if you are looking to be efficient

great tool for that job, but if you can only have one car, a Taycan gives you the EV goodness and Porsche feel, all in one. Just don't drive a Plaid though....that'll ruin you for all cars that you used to consider "fast," even a Taycan Turbo S.
Plaid S the best value out there. Smoke a bugatti off the line for 1/10th the price

R1s is just better in daily traffic, though i now switched over to EQS/Lightning/Lucid. All EV's are superior to ICE cars for daily use. I jump in my 911 Turbo S on special occasions though. I just wouldn't commute in any gas car anymore for a litany of reasons.
Waiting for a super/hypercar EV to come out. Nothing yet unfortunately, it's a very neglected space... Plenty of sedans, crossovers and now truck/SUV if that's what you need.

Id buy the i8 or NSX if they had decided to go pure electric. Electric R8 supposedly coming as well.

Tesla has been talking about new roadster for several years but no dice, just a lot of $50k-250k interest-free deposits taken...

What is your preferred dose/fractionation for simple bone mets?
1688669891935.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Waiting for a super/hypercar EV to come out. Nothing yet unfortunately, it's a very neglected space... Plenty of sedans, crossovers and now truck/SUV if that's what you need.

Id buy the i8 or NSX if they had decided to go pure electric. Electric R8 supposedly coming as well.

Tesla has been talking about new roadster for several years but no dice, just a lot of $50k-250k interest-free deposits taken...
I see taycan coupes mentioned as well. Seems like Porsche would do one, but maybe theres too much history

The majority stockholder of Evicore is Cigna. You own Cigna either directly (was a great buy at 240) or via your ETF/mutual funds.

So, in a sense, you own Evicore. But in reality, Evicore owns you.

Pouring Austin Powers GIF

Reactions: 2 users
R1s is just better in daily traffic, though i now switched over to EQS/Lightning/Lucid. All EV's are superior to ICE cars for daily use. I jump in my 911 Turbo S on special occasions though. I just wouldn't commute in any gas car anymore for a litany of reasons.
Agree 100% that EVs make the best daily drivers. I switched to an EQS last year and never looked back. I also have solar panels and a level 2 charger at home. In CA I can enjoy driving solo in the HOV lanes for a couple of years.

Very interestingly, Mercedes just released a beta program where they upgraded the Voice Assistant with ChatGPT - has led to some interesting exchanges :unsure:

I see taycan coupes mentioned as well. Seems like Porsche would do one, but maybe theres too much history
Yeah still a sedan. It's an answer to the model S. It may be awhile before we see any true EV hyper/supercars out to purchase.

Rimac nevera looks amazing with a nice note, but likely never going to be anywhere near us mere mortals with lambo veneno type pricing.

I drive an hour each way to my now geographically arbitraged job so EV is looking nicer for a future option for me

Does anybody have concerns about putting 25k miles per year on a Taycan? I do, but would love to have one for my commute

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah still a sedan. It's an answer to the model S. It may be awhile before we see any true EV hyper/supercars out to purchase.

Rimac nevera looks amazing with a nice note, but likely never going to be anywhere near us mere mortals with lambo veneno type pricing.
If we're going down the "which car sounds great" path, then we need to start with the Lexus LFA

Also rocking an EQS, at least for the next 20 months. If your commute is mostly highway cruising like mine is, it is hard to beat. Also love the rear-wheel steer for handling around town. Only downside is a model 3 can smoke you off the line.

When the lease expires I'll either buy a used EQS (market value is less then lease residual value) Definitely will never buy an ICE car ever again.

As others have said, if you own your home or can rent a place that includes a level 2 charger and drive fewer then 250 miles a day, it is much more convenient then having a gas car. Never go to a gas station, your "tank" is full every morning. On the rare occasions I road trip, then yes, the 5 minute gas fill up is better then the 30 minute EA supercharge, but the net convivence favors the EV.

What defines a hypercar?

A model S plaid is the fastest 0-60. A 911 GT3 will smoke it around any track with turns.

I drive an hour each way to my now geographically arbitraged job so EV is looking nicer for a future option for me

Does anybody have concerns about putting 25k miles per year on a Taycan? I do, but would love to have one for my commute
I've been putting 16-17k a year on my model S. Now at 130k with no issues. Probably at 93% of my original battery range. Theoretically should last much longer than an equivalent gas car.

I don't know Porsche well enough to comment. Hopefully they've put in proper battery cooling/management systems for the long term.

Lot of Tesla hate these days but i still believe they are at least 3-5 years ahead of everyone else in terms of tech, motor efficiency, battery chemistry, supply chains etc

Except the power outages are becoming way more common and will likely get worst. Our infrastructure as a country is terrible. The average “real american” does not have the money to have solar panels and cant fathom the idea of having garages filled with ICEs with manual transmission just to play around. When i say these things, i am referring to the practicality for most people. Some of you guys might be driving to one of the many garages filled with ICE to get your gas car when an outage happens. the average american suffers. I get it some of you guys have been rolling in gold coins like the dragon in the hobbit for years, but this ain’t the reality for most!

Plaid S the best value out there. Smoke a bugatti off the line for 1/10th the price
One of our physicists has a Plaid and it is pretty sweet. His other toy is a z06 which is another outstanding option if you want something to have fun with on the track...if you can get your hands on one.

One of our physicists has a Plaid and it is pretty sweet. His other toy is a z06 which is another outstanding option if you want something to have fun with on the track...if you can get your hands on one.
Z06 is such a good choice. Supercar track capability for 1/4 the money.

Except the power outages are becoming way more common and will likely get worst. Our infrastructure as a country is terrible. The average “real american” does not have the money to have solar panels and cant fathom the idea of having garages filled with ICEs with manual transmission just to play around. When i say these things, i am referring to the practicality for most people. Some of you guys might be driving to one of the many garages filled with ICE to get your gas car when an outage happens. the average american suffers. I get it some of you guys have been rolling in gold coins like the dragon in the hobbit for years, but this ain’t the reality for most!
No doubt. This entire thread is about excess. Everyone in here can afford solar panels, though, and pay real Americans to install them, and buy quality components from companies based in America like Enphase. In turn, on those really hot, sunny days when everyone's running their AC, you'll be running your whole house and sending excess to the grid. I've had more concerns in the past couple of years getting gas (hurricanes/computer viruses etc) than with getting electricity.

Reactions: 1 users

Ironically EVs are likely to be the savior of our power grid in these cases. When 20% of Americans have a 75 kWh battery parked in their driveway with 2 way chargers at home, their EVs can power their homes and the grid during outages for days. EVs are also the buffer that our grid needs to support renewable energy from wind and solar, which is cheap, efficient, and environmentally superior but unreliable without grid-tied storage.

As long as you have a home charging options, no ICE vehicle is needed IMO. There are people for whom they are not optimal. People without home charging. people who very frequently drive over 300 miles/day. People who tow big things long distances. But the average american, EVs are superior in many ways.

I've been putting 16-17k a year on my model S. Now at 130k with no issues. Probably at 93% of my original battery range. Theoretically should last much longer than an equivalent gas car.

I don't know Porsche well enough to comment. Hopefully they've put in proper battery cooling/management systems for the long term.

Lot of Tesla hate these days but i still believe they are at least 3-5 years ahead of everyone else in terms of tech, motor efficiency, battery chemistry, supply chains etc

I think a lot of the hate is political because of Elon, but also they look unusual and many think they are ugly. Also, I didnt find the 3 to be that nice on the inside and feel the interior build quality is kinda poor compared to other cars. Those things matter to a lot of people. This was the primary reason I went Mach E over Tesla (looks and build quality, not politics).

Reactions: 4 users
Went Hyundai Ioniq 5. Gator sent me info on it and then after I got it mocked me unmercifully.

I really like it. Inside is super nice, the limited edition interior is nicer than the rest at the price point. 0-60 beats the Y, per several tests, but I don’t care about that. Range is 303 miles. But big problem is my long commute. Until I get level 2 in my house I’m going to the supercharge couple times a week, which is free for 2 years and on my way to work.

I know it’s irrational, but I really despise Elon Musk. Not for his politics or anything like that, he just is so off putting. I get that genius seems to be linked to that trait, but he is just a super douche.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Went Hyundai Ioniq 5. Gator sent me info on it and then after I got it mocked me unmercifully.

I really like it. Inside is super nice, the limited edition interior is nicer than the rest at the price point. 0-60 beats the Y, per several tests, but I don’t care about that. Range is 303 miles. But big problem is my long commute. Until I get level 2 in my house I’m going to the supercharge couple times a week, which is free for 2 years and on my way to work.

I know it’s irrational, but I really despise Elon Musk. Not for his politics or anything like that, he just is so off putting. I get that genius seems to be linked to that trait, but he is just a super douche.
Is he a genius, through? He's just improved the efficiency with which we do things we already do like buy stuff and go places. I've never heard anything profound, or even interesting, come out of his mouth. My most profound experiences have come outside of being a capitalism cog iwhile sitting still. But, who knows, I frequently think and say nonsense.

Fair point

Googled his role in PayPal. I guess it was a different payment company before and he was just an investor.

I got an i4 m50 and I love it. Fast as hell. The range isn’t great but we have an gas SUV for family trips, so it’s never an issue

I got an i4 m50 and I love it. Fast as hell. The range isn’t great but we have an gas SUV for family trips, so it’s never an issue

I'm looking at this one, as it's more of a "normal" car - only downside is no physical buttons for climate control whhhyyyy
Tesla build quality and interior are terrible to me
Most electrics cars have some stupid gimmicks. Just give me a well-built fast car that has an electric motor thanks

Tesla build quality and interior are terrible to me
Have always loved the modern simplicity of the original S. Never been a fan of plush interiors with lots dials/knobs.

Can't imagine losing my dash screen but obviously many Y and 3 drivers have gotten used to it over the years

Not going to lie the Mercedes eqs electric interior/screens are pretty sexy

Last edited:
Is he a genius, through? He's just improved the efficiency with which we do things we already do like buy stuff and go places. I've never heard anything profound, or even interesting, come out of his mouth. My most profound experiences have come outside of being a capitalism cog iwhile sitting still. But, who knows, I frequently think and say nonsense.
I think of what he did with spaceX, back of the napkin stuff, trying to go to Russia to procure first etc. He's likely saved several billions at this point with reusable rockets and was able to get humans back into space while Boeing was falling all over itself to do the same as they were competing for that contract from NASA.

He has definitely gotten more political during and post covid which is not doing him any favors at all

Just passed 1000miles on my lucid air (pure). love it - great milage, luxurious interior, awesome sound. the i4M50 was a close second

Reactions: 4 users
Have always loved the modern simplicity of the original S. Never been a fan of plush interiors with lots dials/knobs.

Maybe he's made things "too" simple?

Mercedes upgraded their steering wheels with capacitive sensors a few years ago. Cadillac has upped the ante further and put in eye sensors to make sure they are pointing where they need to be.

I realize most Tesla drivers are responsible but "Full Autopilot" is quite misleading causing people to do crazy things instead of focusing on the road.

Last edited:

I saw one of those on the road yesterday for the first time in awhile - great looking car! Hyundai has been killing it ever since they revamped the Genesis.

If we're talking about our dailies, I'll go next: Ford F250, because Texas*.

*I also tow some stuff

\

How long you had it? Anything annoying about it thus far? Had bimmers 15 years ago, and they were a joy when there wasn't a problem.
About six months... and, to be fair, I am leasing. I know that I am going to want a new toy in a few years, so why even pretend?

About six months... and, to be fair, I am leasing. I know that I am going to want a new toy in a few years, so why even pretend?
I mean, we could certainly start some sort of car thing here where we collectively buy a bunch and drive em for 6 months or so and then trade.

Best selling car is a truck.... F150 i think

I had one of those for ten years before the engine seals decided they were done. Pulling stuff over the Rockies time and time again didn't help.

My dream car was the first to use AI

1688754833817.jpeg

I even got the black leather jacket and chest hair!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
I saw one of those on the road yesterday for the first time in awhile - great looking car! Hyundai has been killing it ever since they revamped the Genesis.

If we're talking about our dailies, I'll go next: Ford F250, because Texas*.

*I also tow some stuff
Went from Ford Raptor to Ram TRX. Best Texas daily driver!

• Love
Ah, finally. A European car.
:)

I’ll be curious to see how the iX holds up in resale. Compared to the Y, the lyriq, etc it’s quite overpriced. And it’s kinda ugly. They’re having trouble moving them, can find for about 10% off MSRP. But interior and driving are supposed to be excellent.

When my EQS lease is up I suspect there will be some great deals to be had on - 2 year old used EQS, used iX, or used genesis GV60.

I’ll be curious to see how the iX holds up in resale. Compared to the Y, the lyriq, etc it’s quite overpriced. And it’s kinda ugly. They’re having trouble moving them, can find for about 10% off MSRP. But interior and driving are supposed to be excellent.

When my EQS lease is up I suspect there will be some great deals to be had on - 2 year old used EQS, used iX, or used genesis GV60.
The sound has always been a big selling point for me with M3s and 911s, which is why I have philosophical trouble with evs from bmw and Porsche

The sound has always been a big selling point for me with M3s and 911s, which is why I have philosophical trouble with evs from bmw and Porsche
The instant acceleration is a nice consolation... There is a strange feature -a Hans Zimmer "soundtrack" that creates fun acceleration sounds in the cabin (more extreme in sport mode). I thought it was cool, for about 36 hours... then I turned it off.

still rollin in my corolla. Glad to see you all have good taste in cars.

Reactions: 6 users