Which law book for CPJE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silly26

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the Pharmacy Law for California Pharmacists by Marcus and Cohen. Is that better or worse than the other law book by Weissman that everyone is talking about? Is either of them fine?

Members don't see this ad.

i have both

weissman is easier to read

but flipping through the marcus and cohen, the material is very very very very very similar

i kind of like the way marcus and cohen broke down the material......

but overall, one book isnt better than the other

I have the Pharmacy Law for California Pharmacists by Marcus and Cohen. Is that better or worse than the other law book by Weissman that everyone is talking about? Is either of them fine?

Just stick with one.. no need to bog yourself down with more things to read that cover the same material, i think.
that is, unless you have the time and energy to deal with reading them both.

I used Weissman and the book was useful if only to help you remember the time frames you need to keep documentation... how quickly you have to report to the board if you are closing your pharmacy, etc. Go over those and just know them cold. Easy to do on the day before, even.
Honestly i've forgotten them already, lol.

good luck! :luck:

I started with Marcus and Cohen. I felt that it was cumbersome, and hard to read.
I picked up Weissman, and I never looked back. It was easier to read, it had a better overall format, in the form of questions. You can tell it was written by a lawyer, who is also a Pharm.D. Pharm.D./J.D.!!
On occasion I would go back to M&C when I needed more details. Or when I was not clear on certain issues. But you don't really need to, I am just picky that way.