Nebraska Pharmacy Law Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rossikcuw

Reaction score
Greetings all! I am in the process of getting licensure in Nebraska and I have run across a couple law questions that my guides arent answering. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. I know C3-5s scrips can have up to 5 refills within a 6 month time period and in the state of Nebraska it states each partial refill is treated as a refill. So on a C3-5 scrip with 5 refills does that mean that the total fills can be 6 (original plus 5 refills) if every fill is only a partial within a 6 month time period? I have seen questions that say yes and others saying if its all partials than just dont exceed the total amount prescribed within a 6 month time period.

2. Within this year they passed a waiver that states that the X-DEA number is no longer required for prescribing Buprenorphine and its just the DEA. However on the guides I am using for Nebraska are still listing the requirements of needing both the X-DEA number and the regular DEA. So which is the case? I dont know if they arent updated yet or the current MPJE will reflect this change.

Again, thank you so much for any help!

Members don't see this ad.