Where to live in Edinburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nashx175

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how and where US students chose to live in Edinburgh. I know that Pollock Hall is a popular place, but I am not completely sold on living with a lot of 18 year olds (I am 21 and I have been there and done that already). I was looking at the self-catered halls, anyone have any suggestions. B/c I don't know people there and the are, I don't want to rent my first year. Any info or opinions you can give me would be great. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering how and where US students chose to live in Edinburgh. I know that Pollock Hall is a popular place, but I am not completely sold on living with a lot of 18 year olds (I am 21 and I have been there and done that already). I was looking at the self-catered halls, anyone have any suggestions. B/c I don't know people there and the are, I don't want to rent my first year. Any info or opinions you can give me would be great. Thanks

Your best bet for an answer on that one would be to ask here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=837807&page=8

I'm in Dublin so I can't help with Edinburgh housing, but I'm sure someone can!

:luck: M.A.