Where to do Clinicals?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The_Trainer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm starting to think about my clinical rotations, and wanted to get some input.

My program is set up so that I have three 12-week clinical rotations. One must be inpatient, one outpatient, and one of choice.

I'm looking for the best clinical opportunity, regardless of the location (actually looking forward to traveling)

So far my idea for inpatient is the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. I live in the area so i'd actually get to move home and save money, and they are world-renown.

Any other places to receive an outstanding clinical experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Helen Hayes, Bronx VA, Mt Sinai OP Neuro

Naval Hospital San Diego, Rancho Los Amigos

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you set up/find your own clinicals or does your school? A lot of schools have contracts with certain sites and try and use those site before soliciting new ones. Just keep in mind if it is such a great place it may be very difficult to get a rotation there (dosnt mean you shouldn't try!), so just be aware.

Naval Hospital San Diego, Rancho Los Amigos
Awesome, Thanks for the suggestions. Wouldn't mind seeing cali for a while :cool:

Do you set up/find your own clinicals or does your school?
My school has a lot of affiliations already set up, but we are allowed to set up new ones if we are interested in doing so. That's why i'm trying to get it started early.