Tablet/iPad for reference on clinicals?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mnvikings5

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone took a tablet or iPad on their clinicals to use for reference if they need to look something up in their notes etc (not for use for hospital info)!

I have laptop but it’s rather large!

Or are you too busy learning you don’t have time to look anything up?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering if anyone took a tablet or iPad on their clinicals to use for reference if they need to look something up in their notes etc (not for use for hospital info)!

I have laptop but it’s rather large!

Or are you too busy learning you don’t have time to look anything up?

Thanks in advance!
Nope.
If I had a question I asked my CI. If I wanted to read up on something, I did it at home that evening.
I'm sure it depends on the setting, but generally you can't have your phone out, so it would be kind of hard to reference. If I had a BURNING question I'd look something up on my phone during lunch.
I had a classmate who told me she was so bored during her first rotation (quiet OP clinic), she actually brought textbooks and would read during downtime.

Reactions: 1 user
ps - Also, the CIs I've had so far were incredibly rich sources of information. I wanted to hear their thoughts and their perspectives, so even if I did have the time + a tablet, I'd prefer to question them anyway.

ps - Also, the CIs I've had so far were incredibly rich sources of information. I wanted to hear their thoughts and their perspectives, so even if I did have the time + a tablet, I'd prefer to question them anyway.

Thank you!! That was helpful!!!!!