Where to begin?

soloSAUoptom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm a sophomore in college and I'm taking the OAT this summer and I have just started studying for it during my break (you can never get away from studying) and I was wondering what subject is best to begin studying for or where even to start. I have the Kaplan and OAT destroyer books, but it seems like so much information and if anybody could say where they began that would be some help!

Members don't see this ad.

what I do when studying is doing one subject for 2-3 hours then switching to another one.... it helps me study longer when i dont stay on the same subject for like 8 hours straight.

I use Kaplan material so i go in the same order as the books: QR, RC then OChem one day... then Bio, GChem and Physics the next day and stay consistent. Its helped me feel confidant in all subjects so far so good...

Really the most important thing that helps me is having a 3ring binder with all the subjects split up then add notes to remember for each section as i go.

Since Destroyer contains just tests (and more challenging than Kaplan), Im keeping those for when im very comfortable with the material, then testing myself on them.

Hope you find the study technique that works for you, it took me a few strategies before i found one that works for me. Good luck!

You could do it one of two ways: study what you know pretty well first and review that material, then spend the majority of your time refreshing subject(s) you've forgotton OR you could start off with material you know you're weak in and then just review the subjects you're okay with.

I studied biology first because it was just so much information to backtrack through.. I don't remember in what order I studied the other subjects in, but I know reading comprehension was last, and QR was dispersed inbetween the subjects.

Like Neya00 said, it's good to switch off with subjects, or else your brain will be fried from one subject! Also, being organized helps a LOT!!

Good luck and happy studying! :)