Where in the US is everyone from?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dr.BilkulPagal said:
I could complain and complain, but I guess there's no point in ranting. Finals are around the corner for me, and I need to get a move on. Hopefully, if all works out, I'll be in Cali for christmas break...in Loma Linda. Anyone from there or know of the social atmosphere there?

Desikudi, where are you from? I must someday see these mountains you speak of...maybe I can become a Sanyasi and sit atop one for hundreds of years contemplating how globalization is destroying our traditional Indian culture and how I can't even get a decent dosa or rice pilaf in Texas.

Best,
Pagal :)
yeah,,its of no use to complain.i used to do that my 1st yr..but then finally understood that complaining is of no use as nothing could be done about it unless and untill i graduate.well, good luck on your finals :thumbup: and have a good christmas break.i am going India during break. :cool: .finally after 2 yr i will be seeing my family and friends.
Btw i am from the ROCKIES...COLORADO.best place for skiing and hiking and also for becoming a sanyasi :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Dont worry,i am sure your wishes will be fulfilled once u go to med school(in a diffrent city/state) :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

priyanka said:
aww

Life has a lot lot lot more to it than becoming a sanyasi, thats all I can say right now.
well good luck for all you guys who are having their finals around..
cali social life is ..mm deepends on where u like to hang out..but lots of stuff to do..I'd go to Big bear in winter solely for skiing....
skiiing...sound like fun. :) how r ur finals going.good luck :thumbup:

Dr. Bilkul Pagal
although it seems like it may be a bad thing that there are no indians at your school, it can be a little bit of a good thing too. indian bring with them a certain atmosphere. so many of the indians at my undergrad were nothing but drama, and the guys were pretty drama too. on one hand, you want to be friends with the indians, but there is so much drama that goes with it, that sometimes its easier to not be all into it. i was personally not that into the whole indian scene at my school, and i think it was better that way. i lived with indians who were super into the scene, and they went through so much crap......but hey, i guess the grass is always greener on the other side...im sure if i went to an indian-less school, i would want some around too. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
1hotaartichoke said:
Dr. Bilkul Pagal
although it seems like it may be a bad thing that there are no indians at your school, it can be a little bit of a good thing too. indian bring with them a certain atmosphere. so many of the indians at my undergrad were nothing but drama, and the guys were pretty drama too. on one hand, you want to be friends with the indians, but there is so much drama that goes with it, that sometimes its easier to not be all into it. i was personally not that into the whole indian scene at my school, and i think it was better that way. i lived with indians who were super into the scene, and they went through so much crap......but hey, i guess the grass is always greener on the other side...im sure if i went to an indian-less school, i would want some around too. :rolleyes:

I've gotta TOTALLY disagree...i'm from TX too and I go to a school full of Indians, and its great. yeah, there's some drama...but not nearly to the extent that you guys make it seem....its what does add some flare to college life tho but overall i love bein able to walk around campus and see so many ppl i can relate to...so im gonna disagree with this atmosphere indians supposedly bring...and say if anything, its a great one...just my 2 cents!

Clueless, I bet you're from Austin...I'm from San Antonio, no explanation needed.

1hotartichoke,
yeah, I absolutely agree about the whole drama thing. I haven't met a decent, simple, down to earth girl in Texas yet. Who knows what's in store these days, but all I care about at the moment is February 1st...the day we find out acceptances. My parents and friends all believe in Med school first, the rest should follow...hopefully. Btw, too bad the Indian pic thread fell apart. Nice pic, now if only I had the courage to post mine...it might make all you fine Indian ladies go wild...bollywood style. :p

Cheers,
Pagal

Dr.BilkulPagal said:
Clueless, I bet you're from Austin...I'm from San Antonio, no explanation needed.

1hotartichoke,
yeah, I absolutely agree about the whole drama thing. I haven't met a decent, simple, down to earth girl in Texas yet. Who knows what's in store these days, but all I care about at the moment is February 1st...the day we find out acceptances. My parents and friends all believe in Med school first, the rest should follow...hopefully. Btw, too bad the Indian pic thread fell apart. Nice pic, now if only I had the courage to post mine...it might make all you fine Indian ladies go wild...bollywood style. :p

Cheers,
Pagal

come on pagal,
post your pic...mine is getting so lonely!
haha...make me go crazy! ;)

DoctorMalki said:
where in India are you from? I was born in delhi
awesome.. where in delhi? i was born in delhi too.

I think I am alone in this forum in saying;

A: I am an NRI who is not from the US, who lives and has been brought up in Australia.

B: I am a school leaver (as in high school) applying to undergrad medical schools here in Australia

p.s. I am browsing SDN because I just wanted to see how it was like for prospective and actual medical students around the world.

1hotaartichoke said:
Dr. Bilkul Pagal

yeah i feel u...so much drama here at UCI :( Me and my friends unfortunetly got sucked into it..and that was BAD. Im glad that im leaving all of it though :)

born in bangalore ,india
lived in a lot of places in india.
atpresent -kansas city.
going to school -UCSF school of dentistry
nice forum. didnt see this forum till now
:) . i bet a lot of indians in sdn dont abt this forum. great to know a lot of desis :D

i'm from the maryland/dc area. Any other Indians from around here?

See CaptainJack... I posted in this forum just for you :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Wassup y'all,

Another desi from the DC/MD area here. :D

from MI.......and will be going to school in Houston, TX

tinkerbelle said:
i'm from the maryland/dc area. Any other Indians from around here?

See CaptainJack... I posted in this forum just for you :D

Tinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: I always wondered why you never joined us :)

lata said:
Born in Holland, MI
Brought up in Andhra Pradesh, India(went to school in Bangalore)
Undergrad in NJ, MI and Iowa
Grad in NY (discontinued!)
Med school - caribbean presently...
Living in Ohio

:D
Wow!

priyanka said:
Tinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: I always wondered why you never joined us :)

Pri :love: :love: I feel like I haven't seen you in forever :laugh: How's all the studying going?

hey guys,,
how is everyone
how was everyone's vacation.
finally back online after 1 month.. :)

Boringville a.k.a. Salt Lake City, UT. Love the ski slopes, but I cant wait to get out of this town.

CaliAtenza said:
yeah i feel u...so much drama here at UCI :( Me and my friends unfortunetly got sucked into it..and that was BAD. Im glad that im leaving all of it though :)
i'm from UCI too and totally agree...too much drama but we just learned to try and stay away :laugh:

Volstatic said:
I think I am alone in this forum in saying;
A: I am an NRI who is not from the US, who lives and has been brought up in Australia.
B: I am a school leaver (as in high school) applying to undergrad medical schools here in Australia
Volstatic, I spent a few years in Perth, WA before moving to cali. Miss perth a lot...the beach, parks, ice-cream (well, i was 12 haha) :love:

rxgal8 said:
before moving to cali. Miss perth a lot...the beach, parks, ice-cream (well, i was 12 haha) :love:

lucky you :) i wish i was in california right now. it's freezing over here.....

tinkerbelle said:
lucky you :) i wish i was in california right now. it's freezing over here.....

it's 61 F here right now. what about where u are at?
call me weird but i like the dark clouds and rain (when i'm indoors of course) :D

rxgal8 said:
it's 61 F here right now. what about where u are at?
call me weird but i like the dark clouds and rain (when i'm indoors of course) :D

*brrrr* it's like 33 degress outside

can we trade places rxgal8? :laugh:

tinkerbelle said:
*brrrr* it's like 33 degress outside

can we trade places rxgal8? :laugh:

omg, i would freeze but we can trade places when it gets to the 100s F here in summer :cool:

hometown: St. Louis, MO
undergrad/medical school: Kansas City, MO (UMKC)
residency: we'll see where next month

Nipa@MSU said:
from MI.......and will be going to school in Houston, TX

A fellow Michigander - awesome - from where? I'm originally from Kalamazoo. Right now an undergrad at OU (Oklahoma), still waiting on a few decisions before I decide where i'm going next year. Which school in Houston - UT Houston or Baylor?

Hey all, I didn't even know this thread existed on SDN.... :smuggrin:

Anyways, nice to meet you all.

I'm from Kansas City
Med school: in KC

Not much to tell you about here. It's nice and cozy??? :laugh:

rayofsun said:
Hey all, I didn't even know this thread existed on SDN.... :smuggrin:

Anyways, nice to meet you all.

I'm from Kansas City
Med school: in KC

Not much to tell you about here. It's nice and cozy??? :laugh:

welcome-lady.jpg
TO
dis2.jpg
FORUM

^ I never got a welcome like this Nimesh.... although I got one of your nifty "Good Job" animations :D.

sunny123 said:
^ I never got a welcome like this Nimesh.... although I got one of your nifty "Good Job" animations :D.

welcome.gif
a_seinfeldgeorge5.jpg
GEORGIE BOY

hmmm thanks Nimesh, appreciate it. :D

So you all come here on regular basis or just whenever?

rayofsun said:
hmmm thanks Nimesh, appreciate it. :D

So you all come here on regular basis or just whenever?

Hi rayofsun
there are a few hardcore desis like myself, parasite, new yorker (well he only comes for aarti) priyanka ,lata, ms ravi(not seen her for sometime)
Aarti, Rxgal etc etc
It is fun to share ideas and views and talk about our country with all the desis living outside india
So do come regularly and be a part of India forum family

nimeshshingala said:
Hi rayofsun
there are a few hardcore desis like myself, parasite, new yorker (well he only comes for aarti) priyanka ,lata, ms ravi(not seen her for sometime)
Aarti, Rxgal etc etc
It is fun to share ideas and views and talk about our country with all the desis living outside india
So do come regularly and be a part of India forum family
Rayofsun-
R u new to this forum......well if u r new(n even if u r not new)we still welcome u to the forum to write n discuss all the cool stuff :thumbup:

parasiteatwork said:
Rayofsun-
R u new to this forum......well if u r new(n even if u r not new)we still welcome u to the forum to write n discuss all the cool stuff :thumbup:

Danku (thank u)..parasite. :scared: love your name...now i wonder if i should have thought harder for mine. i mean ray of sun is soooo "light" :laugh: