Where in the US is everyone from?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buckeye(OH)

5K+ Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, with Ohio State being a huge research institute you can bet your rupees that there are a ton of Indians here on campus. Other then that, I don't see that many...

Anyways, I am in Columbus, Ohio....how about you?

Adrian

Members don't see this ad.

I am from California !! :)

DoctorMalki said:
I am from California !! :)[/QUOTE

Where at? I have a ton of family in San Juan Capistrano/Laguna Niguel/San Marino.

Adrian

Members don't see this ad :)
Buckeye(OH) said:
DoctorMalki said:
I am from California !! :)[/QUOTE

Where at? I have a ton of family in San Juan Capistrano/Laguna Niguel/San Marino.

Adrian
Los Angeles :)

Georgia, but currently in Virginia

apgmph said:
Georgia, but currently in Virginia

Hometown => Chicago
College => California
Med School => NYC

-Ice

ice_23 said:
Hometown => Chicago
College => California
Med School => NYC

-Ice

Really nice signature :thumbup: :thumbup:

I got goosebumps reading it.

IllinoisStudent said:
Really nice signature :thumbup: :thumbup:

I got goosebumps reading it.

Thanks man. It seemed like the most appropriate saying to put down, given that I'm trying to be a doctor. :)

-Ice

P.S. Key word there was "trying" in case you missed it. ;)

ice_23 said:
Thanks man. It seemed like the most appropriate saying to put down, given that I'm trying to be a doctor. :)

-Ice

P.S. Key word there was "trying" in case you missed it. ;)

Ice thats a very modest attitude when you say you are "trying" , keep it up. Atta boy...I like that signature too, but I wonder how many people like you actually think like that...Honestly, if i did I would have declared that I want to become Mother Teresa (considering the depth of its givingness). Well,one thing I am sure of is, if I had a partner in "commiting the crime", I would have certainly done it. I m still looking if someone wanna accompany me in that, if u know wat i mean ( I dont mean a guy, but anyone girl or guy...). Well, but let me myself first try to become a doctor.

PS: you might think this comment comes from a person who declared DO i s inferior to MD, but really I did not mean it that way. Unfortunately I am not the best at my english skills, I could have conveyed my message in a better manner, but alas. Hmm..

ice_23 said:
Hometown => Chicago
College => California
Med School => NYC

-Ice

woahh you have been all over the country ... good for you ! :)

Premedtomed said:
Good ole Northern Kentucky - South

Originally from India.

where in India are you from? I was born in delhi

Members don't see this ad :)
home=NJ
college=chicago
currently=philadelphia
med school=?

priyanka said:
Ice thats a very modest attitude when you say you are "trying" , keep it up. Atta boy...I like that signature too, but I wonder how many people like you actually think like that...Honestly, if i did I would have declared that I want to become Mother Teresa (considering the depth of its givingness). Well,one thing I am sure of is, if I had a partner in "commiting the crime", I would have certainly done it. I m still looking if someone wanna accompany me in that, if u know wat i mean ( I dont mean a guy, but anyone girl or guy...). Well, but let me myself first try to become a doctor.

PS: you might think this comment comes from a person who declared DO i s inferior to MD, but really I did not mean it that way. Unfortunately I am not the best at my english skills, I could have conveyed my message in a better manner, but alas. Hmm..

LOL, priyanka, I don't actually think you believe DO's are inferior to MD's. I just thought it was funny (perhaps I erroneously neglected to use the proper emoticon) and highlighted it in the other thread. :)

-Ice

Premedtomed said:
Mumbai (Bombay) :D

I have never gone to bombay but hopefully this summer.... if these med schools are nice to me ! :D

DoctorMalki said:
I have never gone to bombay but hopefully this summer.... if these med schools are nice to me ! :D

Have fun my fellow Bharatiya friend ;)

bloHaZaRd said:
Chicago, IL :)

Finally, someone is from midwest!

P.S: How has UIC been treating ya? I heard that they sent out their first set of acceptances yesterday.

IllinoisStudent said:
Finally, someone is from midwest!

P.S: How has UIC been treating ya? I heard that they sent out their first set of acceptances yesterday.

I am an Aug MCATer; all I heard from their is about that stupid addemendum. Everything else is done however, I just need to mail in those essays. :oops:

bloHaZaRd said:
I am an Aug MCATer; all I heard from their is about that stupid addemendum. Everything else is done however, I just need to mail in those essays. :oops:

I am out of state and had been complete for months before I got the addendum.... I just mailed it in so I guess i'll be complete soon.... but no interview in sight :rolleyes:

DoctorMalki said:
I am out of state and had been complete for months before I got the addendum.... I just mailed it in so I guess i'll be complete soon.... but no interview in sight :rolleyes:

I hope you get an interview call soon :)

Premedtomed said:
I hope so too.
Sit tight DoctorMalki

yea because ultimately all that matters is if you are a nice person who can really help out people, rather than grades..and from the posts i can bet about Dr.malki being a nice person ( not flattering , i dont need to). Just a honest observation and perception

thanks premedtomed and priyanka :) I just got placed on the waitlist at wakeforest and UCSD so yesterday was not such a great day ! But today is a new day so I am just looking ahead I guess :) :thumbup:

DoctorMalki said:
thanks premedtomed and priyanka :) I just got placed on the waitlist at wakeforest and UCSD so yesterday was not such a great day ! But today is a new day so I am just looking ahead I guess :) :thumbup:
congrats :thumbup:

DoctorMalki said:

way to go Dr.Malki

DoctorMalki said:

Congrats and take it easy :D

thanks u guys :) I will keep you posted !! :) Anyone else currently interviewing?

Hometown: NJ
Family from: Mumbai
Born and raised in: Middle east
College: NJ
Spent a year in: Africa
Dental School: NJ
Residency/Specialty: ?

DoctorMalki said:
thanks u guys :) I will keep you posted !! :) Anyone else currently interviewing?

I have an interview at CCOM next Monday...stilll waiting on my MD interviews :(

Buckeye(OH) said:

Good Luck !! :luck: :luck: Don't worry I heard the interview season really starts full swing in january. I interviewed at 3 schools so far and got put on waitlist for all 3 !!! Very very upsetting :( Talking about indian parents lol after I told my dad about the waitlists he goes so what are you going to do next year if you don't get into med school. lol now that I think about it I dun have a backup plan !! :eek: so I better get in this year!! lol

Buckeye(OH) said:

your state cost us the electionss ...grrr ;)

DoctorMalki said:
your state cost us the electionss ...grrr ;)

I voted for Kerry. I honestly thought Kerry was going to get Ohio.

OH yeah, I also live at Pasta and Beer. Have you ever been there?? That place is awesome. Oh, then there is that breakfast place North of campus on High, what is that called?? Something and Benny's.

Ruby Tuesday. That Asian restaurant North on High.

Too many palces I live.

Born: Toronto, Canada!! :love:
Raised: Both in Bermuda :cool: and Toronto
Dental School: Philadelphia

I didn't even realize this forum existed until just now...

Born and Raised: Central California
Undergrad: SoCal
MedSchool:???

EZB said:
I didn't even realize this forum existed until just now...

Born and Raised: Central California
Undergrad: SoCal
MedSchool:???

Welcome
Nice pic :D

EZB said:

That quote from R. Tagore is inspirational .
Wow, why aren't there Indian girls like you in KY.
Just met one at a frat party a month back and I did not feel like going beyond hey surprising to see an Indian American out here in KY. :scared:

Buckeye(OH) said:
I voted for Kerry. I honestly thought Kerry was going to get Ohio.

Most of the Ohio counties go republican. So I kinda saw Ohio going Republican. I was more surprised by Iowa. It doesn't matter now. sigh!

Btw, did any of you guys see the link that corelates average IQ of the state (IQ is based on ACT averages, and there is a big lapse of logic in the way they estimate average IQ for the states) with the state going Republican or Democratic? The states with "higher IQ" went Democratic. So that was kinda interesting.

Hi Adrian...I am in columbus as well.

Anubis

Buckeye(OH) said:
Ok, with Ohio State being a huge research institute you can bet your rupees that there are a ton of Indians here on campus. Other then that, I don't see that many...

Anyways, I am in Columbus, Ohio....how about you?

Adrian

IllinoisStudent said:
Most of the Ohio counties go republican. So I kinda saw Ohio going Republican. I was more surprised by Iowa. It doesn't matter now. sigh!

Btw, did any of you guys see the link that corelates average IQ of the state (IQ is based on ACT averages, and there is a big lapse of logic in the way they estimate average IQ for the states) with the state going Republican or Democratic? The states with "higher IQ" went Democratic. So that was kinda interesting.

yeah my friend sent that to me in an email it was pretty funny.. i can't believe he's gonna be here for another 4 years !!!

DoctorMalki said:
where in India are you from? I was born in delhi

I AM FROM DELHI TOO...:)

DoctorMalki said:

save up some $$! i said to myself "if i get in, i'm going to travel around" but once i got in i spent all my money on partying and whatnot. :laugh:
i wish i could go to goa, agra, bobmay, and bangalore. and eat really cheap indian food! yummy.

In case anyone cares, I'm from Texas...where we eat cornbread and chicken, and cattle roam the free ranges. I pretty much screwed myself over going to an undergraduate school where Indians are scarce. And of the indians that do exist...they're pretty much unapproachable. Maybe it must be my b.o., or the smell of curry in my clothes (just kidding).

What's up with some indian people thinking so high of themselves? I can understand it if they're hot, but the ones here aren't...they have their chuddahs (underwear) in a knot.

Looking back at it all, I wish I had gone to chicago or new jersey for undergrad. Seems like of the posters from Chicago, they had a really good time.

Dr.BilkulPagal said:
In case anyone cares, I'm from Texas...where we eat cornbread and chicken, and cattle roam the free ranges. I pretty much screwed myself over going to an undergraduate school where Indians are scarce. And of the indians that do exist...they're pretty much unapproachable. Maybe it must be my b.o., or the smell of curry in my clothes (just kidding).

Looking back at it all, I wish I had gone to chicago or new jersey for undergrad. Seems like of the posters from Chicago, they had a really good time.
pretty much same here,,,i didnt see a single indian my 1st semester...Thereafter gradually i met few indians(all masters,phd opr post docs..)
In my 4th semster,,i met 1 undergrad indian ,who is now my roomate.we 2 r the only indian undergrds ,directly from india excluding some 4-5 indians,who were brought up here.
Its a pretty nice and beautiful place...people r very nice and u will c mountains,mountains and mountains :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ....but indians are
ID KA CHAND... ;) :laugh:

I could complain and complain, but I guess there's no point in ranting. Finals are around the corner for me, and I need to get a move on. Hopefully, if all works out, I'll be in Cali for christmas break...in Loma Linda. Anyone from there or know of the social atmosphere there?

Desikudi, where are you from? I must someday see these mountains you speak of...maybe I can become a Sanyasi and sit atop one for hundreds of years contemplating how globalization is destroying our traditional Indian culture and how I can't even get a decent dosa or rice pilaf in Texas.

Best,
Pagal :)

Dr.BilkulPagal said:
I could complain and complain, but I guess there's no point in ranting. Finals are around the corner for me, and I need to get a move on. Hopefully, if all works out, I'll be in Cali for christmas break...in Loma Linda. Anyone from there or know of the social atmosphere there?

Desikudi, where are you from? I must someday see these mountains you speak of...maybe I can become a Sanyasi and sit atop one for hundreds of years contemplating how globalization is destroying our traditional Indian culture and how I can't even get a decent dosa or rice pilaf in Texas.

Best,
Pagal :)

aww

Life has a lot lot lot more to it than becoming a sanyasi, thats all I can say right now.
well good luck for all you guys who are having their finals around..
cali social life is ..mm deepends on where u like to hang out..but lots of stuff to do..I'd go to Big bear in winter solely for skiing....