*Where have you heard from? 2010-2011 Cycle*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do u know whether they judge with +/- or without???? I'm borderline to -_-:sleep:
i dont even know what that means...so...no idea haha.
also im applying to 14 schools does that look bad or anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Ohhh...on aadsas it gives you two GPAs. One with A-/B+ and one with A,B,C,D,F -_-

And no, I don't think it does. If it lessens your worries, I'm applying to 21 -_-

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard from...

University of Buffalo (Application Complete - Ready for Review)
Howard University
University of Louisville (Application Complete - Ready for Review)
Boston University

New York University

Nova Southeastern University
Virginia Commonwealth University

Mailing Date - 07/09

I got an interview to Midwestern (in AZ) today. The email was sent out at 12:23 a.m. this morning. The email asked me to go online and schedule an interview. I scheduled the interview for Wednesday Sept. 15. I'm pretty pumped about this. I hope the interviews keep rolling in!

do you mind me asking what your stats are vtizzy? i figure its that time of the year :)

I got an interview to Midwestern (in AZ) today. The email was sent out at 12:23 a.m. this morning. The email asked me to go online and schedule an interview. I scheduled the interview for Wednesday Sept. 15. I'm pretty pumped about this. I hope the interviews keep rolling in!

I got one as well. Congrats! :cool:

Marquette-Application received but still waiting on 1 LOR (letter)
Minnesota-Application received (e-mail)--AADSAS update: received/under review
Creighton-Application received but still waiting on LOR (letter)

i applied to like 25.. better safe than sorry

Midwestern's dental school is located in Illinois right? and not their campus in arizona.

Midwestern's dental school is located in Illinois right? and not their campus in arizona.

They have 2 campus'. One is in Illinois and the other is in Arizona. The one in Illinois is opening this year for the first time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Case Western today, they have everything and my app is sent to admissions committee for review

Has anybody heard from Iowa, Tufts, or Temple?

shooot i havent gotten anything from case western.....yet whats going on?

mailed 7/9

AADSAS shows status from BU and Pitt.

BU has a super duper long message about my app being under review and that they normally interview 3.3 and 20DAT students.

mailed 7/9

AADSAS shows status from BU and Pitt.

BU has a super duper long message about my app being under review and that they normally interview 3.3 and 20DAT students.

I got the same from BU today. That was a really long message.

btw has anyone heard anything from UF yet.

So far I've heard from MWU, ASDOH, and Louisville about a week ago and Indiana today

Case send a letter in the mail, so you call them and ask if it was sent to you.

oooooOOOHH i see. i live all the way in sunny california.... so im guessing ill receive little later.

I've heard from...

University of Buffalo
Howard University
University of Louisville
Boston University

New York University

Nova Southeastern University
Virginia Commonwealth University

Midwestern University (IL) - Request to Complete Supplemental + Fee

Mailing Date - 07/09

U.Buffalo - received app
Stony Brook - received app
Louisville - App complete
UMDNJ - received app

Last edited:
my committee may not send out my packet/letters till as late as the end of september!!! our lady is such a biaaatch she basically told me i shouldnt have applied bc of my stats. some schools invite you for an interview even if your app isnt complete right? i hope so! im not tryna get dicked over by my school!

UB - Application received (email) - 7/6
UMDNJ - Application received (email) - 7/6
Louisville - Application received (email) - 7/9; application processing - 7/14
BU - Application received (email) - 7/9
NYU - Application received (email) - 7/12
Nova - Application received and request to do secondary (email) - 7/12
VCU - Application received (email) - 7/14
Indiana - Application received (email) - 7/16

Mailing date: 7/9

BU - App recieved (email) - 7/15
Nova - App recieved & secondary app received (2 separate emails) - 7/15

Mailing date: 7/16

my committee may not send out my packet/letters till as late as the end of september!!! our lady is such a biaaatch she basically told me i shouldnt have applied bc of my stats. some schools invite you for an interview even if your app isnt complete right? i hope so! im not tryna get dicked over by my school!

Really? If you don't mind telling, what are your stats?

Really? If you don't mind telling, what are your stats?

gpa/scigpa 3.36/3.05
AA/SCI/PAT/RC/QR 21/21/21/22/19
i have extracurriculars blah blah

indiana rejected me on the basis that i didn't meet their 3.3 cutoff

Last edited:
gpa/scigpa 3.36/3.05

Those aren't brutal/bad stats by any stretch of the imagination...i wonder why the lady was so harsh.

I have only seen Nova give out an invitation for an interview without letters of recommendation ( Personal experience). Other than that i think you might have to wait a bit. It really sucks that your committee will be taking that much time.

Whoa, so you are in the very first mailing. I am on the 7/9 mailing batch, so hopefully I will hear back from NOVA some time next week since it took them about 2 weeks to extend invitation to you. :xf:

Secondary complete for Nova
Secondary complete for Midwestern - IL
Secondary and payment complete for Western, still waiting on primary and DAT for some reason.
Request for money at Case (they cashed it a month ago). They also thought I was female for some reason.
Secondary complete for ATSU.
Check cashed USC, Penn.
Waiting to hear from UCSF, UCLA, Loma Linda, Temple, UOP.
Still need to send in my Creighton secondary (need to quit procrastinating!!!).
Interview invite from Midwestern (AZ)!!!

Mail date 7/2

So heartening to get that interview... applied last year to 8 schools, no interviews.... applied in October though... probably why. Hopefully will be better this year!

Last edited:
Secondary complete for Nova
Secondary complete for Midwestern - IL
Secondary and payment complete for Western, still waiting on primary and DAT for some reason.
Request for money at Case (they cashed it a month ago). They also thought I was female for some reason.
Secondary complete for ATSU.
Check cashed USC, Penn.
Waiting to hear from UCSF, UCLA, Loma Linda, Temple, UOP.
Still need to send in my Creighton secondary (need to quit procrastinating!!!).
Interview invite from Midwestern!!!

Mail date 7/2

So heartening to get that interview... applied last year to 8 schools, no interviews.... applied in October though... probably why. Hopefully will be better this year!

May I ask when did you complete ure supplemental to Midwestern? Thanks! :thumbup:

gpa/scigpa 3.36/3.05

I got that reply from Indiana too, Kalyv and was feeling pretty bad about myself. Then 6h later, I got an interview invite from Midwestern (AZ). So keep your chin up!

AA/TS/PAT 22/22/22

Heard from all the same schools as previously listed and received a letter from Creighton today 7/17 saying that they had received my application

I got that reply from Indiana too, Kalyv and was feeling pretty bad about myself. Then 6h later, I got an interview invite from Midwestern (AZ). So keep your chin up!

AA/TS/PAT 22/22/22

How did Indiana contact you? I'm wondering about myself now...

How did Indiana contact you? I'm wondering about myself now...
By e-mail. They were pretty nice about it, and gave the adress of an associate dean to discuss strengths/weaknesses. If you haven't heard from them yet, it's probably a good thing :p

When is your interview with Midwestern? Mine's on 09/13

Whoa, so you are in the very first mailing. I am on the 7/9 mailing batch, so hopefully I will hear back from NOVA some time next week since it took them about 2 weeks to extend invitation to you. :xf:

i was in the first mailing (7/02/10) and my NOVA status reads Received/Under Review. I completed the secondary and sent that in a few weeks ago too.

By e-mail. They were pretty nice about it, and gave the adress of an associate dean to discuss strengths/weaknesses. If you haven't heard from them yet, it's probably a good thing :p

When is your interview with Midwestern? Mine's on 09/13

Inngu, see you out there. I scheduled mine for 9/13 as well at Midwestern.

I know it is here and there, but to those who got interviews @ MWU & Nova can you please post your stats? I keep checking my e-mail every 15 min hoping for something.. even on the weekend!

Also, I got some letters from schools just confirming that they got my stuff, or that they were waiting for my DAT scores (which arrived by the time I got the letter) and I get so excited thinking it is for an interview..

Mailed on 7/2